08-03-2018 06:41 PM
1,125 ... 910111213 ...
tools
    Name's Alexia, 23 from Nigeria. Work as an auditor, consultant and financial analyst :P. I'm way too loyal to Nokia and a bit partial to the WP is.

Ok just call me Hotnaijababe or HNB if that's too long to type ;D
    CrossedFaith likes this.
    11-26-2013 03:39 AM
    Hi, just got my first windows phone, a Nokia 925 and I like both the look and size of the phone. After having iPhones up to the 4s then moving to android with the galaxy note, note 2, xperia z, S4 and then to a xperia z1 which I still have the move to windows is somewhat of a shock. So far the only thing I don't like is the fact that if I'm on some websites I can't go back to the last page I was on.
    I just swipe to the left on UC browser. It's somewhat a problem on Explorer though, so i hope Microsoft will work on this.
    11-26-2013 03:42 AM
    Hi, I'm from Croatia, very big fan of WP and whole Metro/Modern UI style on a phone, WP is not so popular there yet but it's growing. ATM my primary phone is Ativ S and I like him very much, been using 710, 800, 8S, 920 (had it without warranty and he died , really great device). I had been on Android for years before the switch to WP but was never really happy with him, always some kind of problems, lags etc...
    CrossedFaith likes this.
    11-26-2013 07:09 AM
    Hey folks

My name isn't important. I'm 25 & from Co. Tyrone in Ireland.

I'm self employed working at CCTV and some PC repair

Love my tech although I'm not a fan of fanboys, embrace all technology please

Massive love and respect for the GAA (Gaelic Athletic Association), big supporter of my local club.

My tech
    Lumia 920
    Xbox 360 -XBO next yr
    Custom built PC
    CCTV systems - Geovison, Hikvision, iwatch
    M10 Tecra Laptop - laptops are still king. Tabs are for fun
    Nexus 7, 1st gen
    Kindle Fire HD
    IPad mini
    Lumia 620 (id love a high end lumia to be this size)
    Boxee box
    Custom built touch screen jukebox
    Sky+ HD
    Humax Youview

Other things i enjoy
    Pool (proper pool)
    Enhancing my Man cave
    Swimming
    Aquariums
    Pinterest
    Reddit
    11-30-2013 09:45 PM
    Howdy, I'm Bill and I live in Stephenville Tx, I'm a LCDC, my first smart phone was a Nokia Music, went through several early android phones. 1st wp was a Samsung Focus, then HTC Titan, currently use 920, LG Optimus G Pro, and in a little while 1520. AT&T just a couple of weeks ago brought LTE to this little college town, no joke.
    12-04-2013 06:37 AM
    Hi Everyone,

I've been an iPhone and Android user for a few years and before that it was Palm and Windows. I just sold my iPhone 5 last night because I have the WP8 itch lol.
    xandros9 likes this.
    12-10-2013 10:49 AM
    welcome aboard everyone
    12-10-2013 11:05 AM
    Hello Windows phone users I am from Africa 27 years old And I joined the windows phone bandwagon and loving the experience. I bought myself a lumia 820 and very very impressed. especially the here Maps,lens and drive apps. I hope I will be making alot of friends and fellow WP users
    elmacho likes this.
    12-16-2013 11:55 AM
    Hi all...long time Nokia fan here,got much respect for this forum and its members so keep up the great work everyone
    12-23-2013 01:13 PM
    Hi everyone. Merry Christmas. My name is Ajith, I am from Kerala, India . Yep, I am a newbie here. Recently switched to windows phone from android. About me, I m 22. I have just done my graduation in electronics.
    Why I switched?Well ,I got really tired of tweaking stuff to make things work on Android. being a bit tech savvy, I used to really get into changing ROMs, customising stuff. But ultimately,i wouldn`t be too happy with it. So I wanted to switch to something which works out of the box. Been a big fan of Nokia before the android craze and I love the modern UI,how it looks and the fluidity especially on the touch screen. Hoping to make some good friends here and having a nice time :)
    12-25-2013 03:14 AM
    Hi everyone. Merry Christmas. My name is Ajith, I am from Kerala, India . Yep, I am a newbie here. Recently switched to windows phone from android. About me, I m 22. I have just done my graduation in electronics.
    Why I switched?Well ,I got really tired of tweaking stuff to make things work on Android. being a bit tech savvy, I used to really get into changing ROMs, customising stuff. But ultimately,i wouldn`t be too happy with it. So I wanted to switch to something which works out of the box. Been a big fan of Nokia before the android craze and I love the modern UI,how it looks and the fluidity especially on the touch screen. Hoping to make some good friends here and having a nice time :)
    swagatham machoo
    elmacho likes this.
    12-25-2013 04:33 AM
    Hello, I'm Dimitar, 18(almost 19), from Bulgaria. I'm WP8 user for 11months (lumia 820). I bought it because I liked the camera. My previous device was Nokia 5310 Express Music. :D:D
    AMT21 likes this.
    12-25-2013 06:03 AM
    Hello, I`m Blaž from Slovenia. I`m 16 years old. I switched to WP because of Nokia. Lumia 820 is my 4. Nokia phone ( Nokia 5200, Nokia 6220 Classic and Nokia C6-01). I also own a chip Android tablet because of games.
    12-25-2013 06:13 AM
    Hey all I have just got the Nokia 520 so far I am liking it. Never owned a windows phone.

Sent from my RM-915_nam_usa_228 using Tapatalk
    12-31-2013 09:07 PM
    I'm jordan laureano from manila ,Philippines. I'm 41years old. I've been an avid fan of windows operating system. I would really like to see windows OS be the number two position this 2014. Its got very good potential . I've heard Microsoft is waiving the license fee for free this year to OEMs ..for me, its a good move this will make more OEM from china , India , Russia and Korea to use windows OS in phones , in tablets or even smart watches. Having to experience a windows os is so much addicting bec its nice to see live tiles always moving not stagnant as other smartphones. I like to suggest to ur Windows marketing team to deeply consider to drop down price crazily of all windows handsets ( Lumia P4,000- 520, P5,000-620, P6,000-720, P7,000-820 ,P9,000-920 Lumia line up) ...the thing is more and more people purchase it and used it everyday. Experiencing the smoothness and fluidity of using it means it will be passes on to friends and family or maybe classmates , officemates or even neighbors . Its like a marketing strategy - sell it for less but in the long run more users will act as a marketing arm coz they will be the one to show it off to their friends , family , officemates and classmates etc...more power to windows team and to MICROSOFT. Hope to be a part of your team. Experience what's it like to be a MICROSOFT. Happy new year guys.....
    01-02-2014 06:18 AM
    Hiya....otherwise known on the internet as "durtgeek" (as seen on the twitters anyway!)

I don't yet own a WP device, currently using Android but I am getting sold on the Lumia 1020 as I do love a spot of photography and lugging my DSLR everywhere is not always practical!

I have yet to encounter an Android device with a decent camera and up until recently I was looking at a Nexus 5 or the HTC One as my new device...but that yellow 1020 and its images are too much to ignore ;)

I'm here now to learn about WP8 in a nutshell and eventually broaden my usage of the OS. I prefer to find out more now before I commit to buy than after and live with buyers remorse ;)

Otherwise I'm an outdoors active female who loves mountain biking, I fix aircraft for a living and I love mobile tech without being a fangirl of any one type - owned all bar the iPhone 5S fruit phones, many Android devices from the old HTC G1 Dream days to my current Nexus 4 - and now I reckon WP will be the refresh I'm looking for :)

Cheers!
    pci2k likes this.
    01-04-2014 03:16 AM
    I won't give my real name but my user name is Rainmarie which is a mix of my first and middle name. I'm a newbie. I had a 1020 and traded it in for a 1520 and I love it!!!!!! No more Android phones for me but I will keep that platform for my Nexus. My only other computer is my Surface RT.
    01-09-2014 05:50 AM
    Hi there,

my name is Mike, 23 from Germany, currently studying communication science.

Lurked through the forums for quite a while now and decided it was time to participate.

Currently using a Google Nexus, coming from an Iphone and soon (waiting for new devices) a Windows Phone.

Thanks,
    Last edited by Tightman69; 01-22-2014 at 02:57 PM. Reason: grammar
    01-22-2014 02:56 PM
    My name is Slim Shady and I am a big fan of rap music
    01-22-2014 08:27 PM
    My name is Slim Shady and I am a big fan of rap music
    Is that you Marshall?!
    01-22-2014 10:12 PM
    Originally from Kentucky and have been slowly migrating South for the past 30 years...through the Carolina's and have settled in Florida, My career has been as a PGA Golf Professional. PGA member for 30 years. Have semi retired and spend a lot of time learning more about computers and the tech stuff. Have learned a lot here at WPC and I really appreciate everyone's willingness to help each other get over whatever hurdle is in front of us. I have a Lenovo c540 standalone pc running Windows 8.1. My phone is a Nokia 920. Really like both products and I am a staunch WP supporter. My name is Bruce...the Fiveaces moniker comes from five hole in ones.
    Last edited by fiveaces01; 01-22-2014 at 11:18 PM. Reason: left out info
    01-22-2014 11:17 PM
    Hi everyone. My name is Alex and I am from Greece. Just bought a lumia 1020 and here I am
    01-25-2014 09:05 PM
    Hello everyone, my name is Kevin and I live in San Antonio, Texas USA. I'm 45 and my daily phone is Android, but I purchased a Nokia 521 a few months ago and have fallen in love with Windows Phone. When my contract is over on my Android device I will not be getting another one.
    I normally live in Mexico, this is the longest I've been back in the USA ever. When I leave again I'll only carry my Chromebook, Windows Phone and laptop, and my kindle.

Epic Touch 4G Acer C7 Chrome book Nook HD
    01-25-2014 09:30 PM
    Lol its good :) my name is showing at left :p and i am a software developer :)
    01-27-2014 12:55 AM
    Lol its good :) my name is showing at left :p and i am a software developer :)
    Welcome to WPCentral.
    01-27-2014 12:57 AM
1,125 ... 910111213 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD