05-22-2018 03:14 AM
1,122 ... 1718192021 ...
tools
    Hi everyone. I'm hob's and as you can see by my username I've just recently jumped off the Android/Samsung ship (Samsung Galaxy Note 2) and purchased myself a Nokia Lumia 1520. Its gonna be a massive change but the change is desperately needed. Looking for simplicity and I think WP will provide that for me.From beautiful Cape Town, South Africa. Hope to make many of your aquaintances. ;)
    Hey welcome to WPCentral and I hope you are enjoying with your lumia 1520 phablet :)
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    08-02-2014 09:27 PM
    Hi everyone. I'm hob's and as you can see by my username I've just recently jumped off the Android/Samsung ship (Samsung Galaxy Note 2) and purchased myself a Nokia Lumia 1520. Its gonna be a massive change but the change is desperately needed. Looking for simplicity and I think WP will provide that for me.From beautiful Cape Town, South Africa. Hope to make many of your aquaintances. ;)
    Welcome, 1520 is an amazing device. How is the weather in Kapstad these days? I have family in Joburg. Any snow this season?
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    08-04-2014 07:38 PM
    Hi my name is Ashab and i am from Pakistan.I have a white lumia 1520 and so far I am loving it!
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    08-05-2014 02:46 AM
    Hi my name is Ashab and i am from Pakistan.I have a white lumia 1520 and so far I am loving it!
    Welcome to WPC. The 1520 is a really nice device.
    Laura Knotek and ASHAB HAMEED like this.
    08-05-2014 09:20 AM
    Hi my name is Brett. I've been following this website since I had a Windows Phone(October 2013) but never really used the forums till now. I came from an iPhone 5 just wanting to try something different and I got a Lumia 928 and now I'm on a 925 because I switched carriers and absolutely love it!
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    08-07-2014 12:48 AM
    Hi my name is Brett. I've been following this website for a since I had a Windows Phone(October 2013) and just starting to use the forums now. I have a Lumia 925 and absolutely love it!
    Hi and welcome to WPCentral. I'm glad you've joined our community.
    Brett397 likes this.
    08-07-2014 12:49 AM
    Hi and welcome to WPCentral. I'm glad you've joined our community.
    08-07-2014 12:50 AM
    Hi everybody, I'm Diego from Argentina, I'm glad to be part of this worldwide community. I've been following this page for a while and now decided to join the forums, I hope I can be helpful. :)
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    08-08-2014 12:00 PM
    Welcome to WPC Diego! What device are you using? We are glad that you have joined our worldwide community.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    08-11-2014 01:08 PM
    I am Toju from Nigeria, I am a fan of Nokia and Microsoft, I love windows phone, currently spotting a Lumia 630 and am enjoying it
    08-11-2014 11:40 PM
    I am Toju from Nigeria, I am a fan of Nokia and Microsoft, I love windows phone, currently spotting a Lumia 630 and am enjoying it
    Hi Toju and welcome to WPCentral.
    08-11-2014 11:55 PM
    Hi everybody, I'm Diego from Argentina, I'm glad to be part of this worldwide community. I've been following this page for a while and now decided to join the forums, I hope I can be helpful. :)
    Hi Diego and welcome to WPCentral. What device do you have?
    08-11-2014 11:55 PM
    Hi, I'm Alses
    I've been a WP user since December 2010 when the first Windows Phone became available in Denmark. I bought it because Paul Thurrott was so psyched about it and because I am a compulsive contrarian. Ive owned 6 and broken 3 Windows Phones. Currently Im trying to build up my post count so I can edit one of my other posts.
    08-12-2014 05:02 AM
    Hello everyone. Long time fan and reader of the site, occasional commentator on articles, first time participating in the forums. I look forward to engaging in conversations and exchanging ideas with everyone.
    08-12-2014 07:05 AM
    Welcome Toju! We are glad to have you. The more the merrier!
    08-12-2014 08:39 AM
    Hi, I'm Alses
    I've been a WP user since December 2010 when the first Windows Phone became available in Denmark. I bought it because Paul Thurrott was so psyched about it and because I am a compulsive contrarian. Ive owned 6 and broken 3 Windows Phones. Currently Im trying to build up my post count so I can edit one of my other posts.
    Hej Alses! Where in DK are you from? I used to come to Roskilde from 2008 to 2011. Nice to see you on WPC.
    08-12-2014 08:41 AM
    Hello everyone. Long time fan and reader of the site, occasional commentator on articles, first time participating in the forums. I look forward to engaging in conversations and exchanging ideas with everyone.
    Welcome to WPC. We are always looking forward to new members becoming active contributors to the site.
    08-12-2014 08:42 AM
    Hej Alses! Where in DK are you from? I used to come to Roskilde from 2008 to 2011. Nice to see you on WPC.
    @worldspy99, Aarhus the world's smallest large city. Been to Roskilde a couple of times myself, ’00 and ‘02. Where in the in the US of A might you be from?
    08-12-2014 03:54 PM
    @worldspy99, Aarhus the world's smallest large city. Been to Roskilde a couple of times myself, ’00 and ‘02. Where in the in the US of A might you be from?
    Cool, Aarhus is in Jutland and the second largest city in DK - correct? I am in the Los Angeles area now. I used to be in Phoenix, Arizona before. Had a really good family friend who lived in Aarhus and then moved to Kbenhavn and has since moved again. Did you go to Roskilde for the Music festival? I used to go for work. I have been to Jultand twice in 2008 at a small place called Bryrup near Skanderborg.
    08-12-2014 05:50 PM
    Cool, Aarhus is in Jutland and the second largest city in DK - correct? I am in the Los Angeles area now. I used to be in Phoenix, Arizona before. Had a really good family friend who lived in Aarhus and then moved to Kbenhavn and has since moved again. Did you go to Roskilde for the Music festival? I used to go for work. I have been to Jultand twice in 2008 at a small place called Bryrup near Skanderborg.
    Yep, Aarhus is number two. Yes, when I wrote '00 and '02 I meant years I went to the festival :-) I know Skanderborg, never been to Bryrup though.
    Arizona to LA, that's pretty far. So are you some kind of journalist?
    08-12-2014 06:38 PM
    Yep, Aarhus is number two. Yes, when I wrote '00 and '02 I meant years I went to the festival :-) I know Skanderborg, never been to Bryrup though.
    Arizona to LA, that's pretty far. So are you some kind of journalist?
    Nope, I am an engineer.
    08-12-2014 06:46 PM
    Nope, I am an engineer.
    Sure, they need those a festivals too :-)
    08-12-2014 06:53 PM
    Hi, I am me. I am introducing myself not so much because I want to (I'm more of a lurker, only posting when I truly feel I have something to contribute.), but because this forum requires at least 10 posts before links/attachments can be posted (a perfectly understandable policy). And I'd like to make an entry into the weekly photo contest.

I have a Nokia Lumia 920. I love my phone for the most part. Although admittedly, if it weren't for the added functionality that Nokia provides via Nokia apps, I probably would not love the Windows Phone OS so much. Its getting better. MS has about three more months before I am ready for a phone upgrade to convince me I should get another Windows Phone instead of trying an Android.

So please excuse the conversation I'm about to have with myself so I can reach my minimum 10 posts to be able to post links and attachments. :)
    Kevin Rush likes this.
    08-18-2014 10:51 AM
    Anyone else find it ironic that Windows doesn't recognize "Lumia" as a valid word spelling? Guess I need to update that dictionary!
    Kevin Rush likes this.
    08-18-2014 10:52 AM
    Breath deep, the gathering gloom...
    08-18-2014 10:53 AM
1,122 ... 1718192021 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD