05-02-2018 11:25 AM
1,121 ... 1819202122 ...
tools
    ...watch light spread from every room...
    08-18-2014 10:53 AM
    Hi, I am me. I am introducing myself not so much because I want to (I'm more of a lurker, only posting when I truly feel I have something to contribute.), but because this forum requires at least 10 posts before links/attachments can be posted (a perfectly understandable policy). And I'd like to make an entry into the weekly photo contest.

I have a Nokia Lumia 920. I love my phone for the most part. Although admittedly, if it weren't for the added functionality that Nokia provides via Nokia apps, I probably would not love the Windows Phone OS so much. Its getting better. MS has about three more months before I am ready for a phone upgrade to convince me I should get another Windows Phone instead of trying an Android.

So please excuse the conversation I'm about to have with myself so I can reach my minimum 10 posts to be able to post links and attachments. :)
    Hey welcome to WPCentral forums You can also increase your post by posting/helping other users here in forums
    08-18-2014 11:33 AM
    Hi, I am me. I am introducing myself not so much because I want to (I'm more of a lurker, only posting when I truly feel I have something to contribute.), but because this forum requires at least 10 posts before links/attachments can be posted (a perfectly understandable policy). And I'd like to make an entry into the weekly photo contest.

I have a Nokia Lumia 920. I love my phone for the most part. Although admittedly, if it weren't for the added functionality that Nokia provides via Nokia apps, I probably would not love the Windows Phone OS so much. Its getting better. MS has about three more months before I am ready for a phone upgrade to convince me I should get another Windows Phone instead of trying an Android.

So please excuse the conversation I'm about to have with myself so I can reach my minimum 10 posts to be able to post links and attachments. :)
    Welcome and visit our off topic lounge to bump up your post count. There are plenty of good threads that provide amusement from Three Word Story to Last letter of the word game, to THIS or THAT, etc.
    08-19-2014 06:01 PM
    Hi all, I'm from South Yorkshire, UK. I've been a WP user for ~18 months - moving from my Nokia N8 to the Lumia 920. I'd done my research on WP and a friend already had a W7 device so I (thought that I) knew pretty much what to expect...

...but, I was completely wrong - and pleasantly surprised when I got the 920! A great device and an incredibly stable and fast OS - ~18 months in I think I've been forced to reset the phone about twice in that time. Impressive! Very fast, clean and lovely to use.

I'm a techno-geek, programmer and love music, movies, nature and photography. Keen interest in world-affairs and politics. Thirty-years young and doting father of a 3 1/2 year girl.

I've been a keen follower or WPCentral pretty much since I first got my 920 and find your updates highly useful.
    (So, surprised at myself that it's taken until this evening to actually sign-up!!)

I'm hoping to learn more from the forums and, hopefully, be able to help out the growing masses of WP noobs - kudos to them for adopting the OS in spite of MS's appalling marketing attempts and the nay-sayers hatred of all things Windows (they'll open their eyes eventually).

A big hello to you all!
    08-20-2014 04:38 PM
    Hi all, I'm from South Yorkshire, UK. I've been a WP user for ~18 months - moving from my Nokia N8 to the Lumia 920. I'd done my research on WP and a friend already had a W7 device so I (thought that I) knew pretty much what to expect...

...but, I was completely wrong - and pleasantly surprised when I got the 920! A great device and an incredibly stable and fast OS - ~18 months in I think I've been forced to reset the phone about twice in that time. Impressive! Very fast, clean and lovely to use.

I'm a techno-geek, programmer and love music, movies, nature and photography. Keen interest in world-affairs and politics. Thirty-years young and doting father of a 3 1/2 year girl.

I've been a keen follower or WPCentral pretty much since I first got my 920 and find your updates highly useful.
    (So, surprised at myself that it's taken until this evening to actually sign-up!!)

I'm hoping to learn more from the forums and, hopefully, be able to help out the growing masses of WP noobs - kudos to them for adopting the OS in spite of MS's appalling marketing attempts and the nay-sayers hatred of all things Windows (they'll open their eyes eventually).

A big hello to you all!
    Welcome to WPC! You will really enjoy the 920 and WP8.1 has come a long way from the early days of the Metro interface. I have a 4.5 year old girl who keeps me busy in the evenings as well.
    08-20-2014 05:57 PM
    Hi. I'm an Android refugee - and boy am I glad I found Windows Phone. The enjoyment in my handheld device is BACK!

This is a great, comprehensive site and I'm excited to be a member here.

Cheers from Australia.
    08-21-2014 01:53 AM
    Welcome back to WP and we're happy to have you on WPC. We have quite a few regulars from Australia on our forums. G'day!
    Himanshu Chowdhary and reves like this.
    08-21-2014 08:23 AM
    Bjr ts
    Merci pour toutes ces rponses !
    Kevin Rush likes this.
    08-22-2014 03:12 AM
    Bjr ts
    Merci pour toutes ces rponses !
    Bonjour to you too:-) Bienvenue to WPC!
    Kevin Rush likes this.
    08-22-2014 11:13 AM
    Hi I have the Nokia Lumia 930 for two weeks and love it. I had a Samsung gs2 and wanted a better camera. I saw the 930 in the store and fell in love with it, it's so beautiful! I have it in black.
    I am in the UK. I like the community feel of windows phone owners. It's like a special club for those in the know!
    Himanshu Chowdhary likes this.
    08-24-2014 05:51 AM
    Hi I have the Nokia Lumia 930 for two weeks and love it. I had a Samsung gs2 and wanted a better camera. I saw the 930 in the store and fell in love with it, it's so beautiful! I have it in black.
    I am in the UK. I like the community feel of windows phone owners. It's like a special club for those in the know!
    Hi and welcome to WPCentral forums. Congratulations for your Lumia 930
    mawgana likes this.
    08-24-2014 10:58 AM
    Hi,
    My name is Mohamed Ashid and I just introduced myself!
    Himanshu Chowdhary likes this.
    08-24-2014 11:01 AM
    Hi,
    Welcome and in your case better late than never :-)
    08-24-2014 01:40 PM
    Hi,
    wait I know you anyways Welcome to WPCentral forums :D
    08-25-2014 07:29 AM
    Hi iam Vamsikrishna, I own a 520 and I like wpcentral next to my Lumia. Though I don't own 1520 and 1020, I am all ice for the photos from them, being posted in forums. I just melt....๐Ÿ˜
    08-25-2014 07:48 AM
    Hi iam Vamsikrishna, I own a 520 and I like wpcentral next to my Lumia. Though I don't own 1520 and 1020, I am all ice for the photos from them, being posted in forums. I just melt....
    Lumia 520 gives you an amazing bang for the buck so don't be shy about owning the highest selling WP of all time and welcome to WPC:-)
    08-25-2014 04:17 PM
    Lumia 520 gives you an amazing bang for the buck so don't be shy about owning the highest selling WP of all time and welcome to WPC:-)
    Nah my bro, I ain't shy,in fact iam very proud of my 520.It's just that I like the quality of 1520 and 1020 even more..๐Ÿ˜Š
    08-26-2014 04:52 AM
    Hey WPC fans. :) I'm mmmuffin! Have been an avid follower for a while now, thought it was time to say hi! Going on 30 tech girlie, developer, and general enthusiast like most of you of the latest technologies, who enjoys seeing the world way too much. My first ever phone was a Siemens C25, way back... then moved through the Nokia series, Ericsson, Motorola, Samsung, iPhone, Android, HTC 8x, Lumia 520(due to breaking my 8x :( ), and finally Lumia Icon - which I LOVE! My opinions are just that, only opinions so be kind to me!
    09-01-2014 07:45 PM
    Hey WPC fans. :) I'm mmmuffin! Have been an avid follower for a while now, thought it was time to say hi! Going on 30 tech girlie, developer, and general enthusiast like most of you of the latest technologies, who enjoys seeing the world way too much. My first ever phone was a Siemens C25, way back... then moved through the Nokia series, Ericsson, Motorola, Samsung, iPhone, Android, HTC 8x, Lumia 520(due to breaking my 8x :( ), and finally Lumia Icon - which I LOVE! My opinions are just that, only opinions so be kind to me!
    Welcome! Been off and on these forums myself for a few years. Good group of people. The Icon is amazing! Writing this post here with mine right now. We all have opinions and people here are mostly respectful. Just watch out for the fanboys lol.
    09-01-2014 07:52 PM
    Greetings everyone!

My name is Tim Spaninks, I'm Lead Designer at Critical Force Entertainment and we've just made the first step of moving to Windows Phone!
    We release our game Company of Tanks on the store a few days ago. I've noticed there are hardly any multiplayer FPS/Third Person Shooters on Windows Phone, so let's see if we can change that ;)
    09-02-2014 10:02 AM
    Welcome to WPC! The Icon is a really nice device.
    09-02-2014 05:41 PM
    Greetings everyone!

My name is Tim Spaninks, I'm Lead Designer at Critical Force Entertainment and we've just made the first step of moving to Windows Phone!
    We release our game Company of Tanks on the store a few days ago. I've noticed there are hardly any multiplayer FPS/Third Person Shooters on Windows Phone, so let's see if we can change that ;)
    Welcome to WPC and thanks for developing for WP!
    09-02-2014 05:41 PM
    Thanks for the welcomes! :D
    09-02-2014 09:38 PM
  24. nattie campbell-scott-howells's Avatar
    Hello,

My name is nattie and I've come here to discuss getting my first smartphone, at the moment I would like it to be a wp8 handset due to features such as being able to install everything(just about) to sd cards and the smooth running of the OS.

I'm interested in technology, music, reading and sci-fi.

Windows Phone central is brilliant :)
    Guytronic likes this.
    09-07-2014 05:06 PM
    Hello,

My name is nattie and I've come here to discuss getting my first smartphone, at the moment I would like it to be a wp8 handset due to features such as being able to install everything(just about) to sd cards and the smooth running of the OS.

I'm interested in technology, music, reading and sci-fi.

Windows Phone central is brilliant :)
    Hi, and Welcome to WPCentral Forums!!!
    Have a great time and I hope you find your dream device!
    09-07-2014 10:48 PM
1,121 ... 1819202122 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD