Introduce yourself!

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Hello all!

My name is Tyler. I live in California, full-time student while working full-time for Kaiser Permanente. I am a lifetime gadget junkie, extreme DIYer, ex-star-commenter of Gizmodo(when having a star actually meant something and before Gizmodo turned into what it has been for the last 4+ yrs). I've been with Windows since Windows 95 and Windows Phone since Windows Mobile 5.0. I live with a gorgeous pixie chick, have a 90lbs pitbull and a 3 day old puppy French bulldog(my pixie chick has the parents), and drive a 2010 Jeep Wrangler JKU(called The Stormtrooper). My favorite hobbies: snowboarding, movies, anything tech related, mods and DIY projects, gym, and I'm obsessed with getting tattoos. It's all downhill after your 1st one, just can't stop.

Most of my tattoos are pretty epic and highly admired within the "geek and nerd" community. Here's a list of what I have so far: a green silhouette of The Hulk with a smaller skin silhouette of Bruce Banner in front of or on top depends on how you look at it I guess lol, The Joke stabbing Batman in an obvious lovers quarrel, a mashup of the 1941 Batman Logo inside the Dark Knight Rises logo, another mashup but with R2D2 and a Dalek falling in love, an old school Sailor Jerry style TARDIS in a vortex of time and space,Master Chief with his assault rifle, Wall•E in space using a fire extinguisher chasing after Eve, and my favorite one so far is Spiderman violently ripping Venom off of him. Much much more to go too.

My everyday go to gadgets and others I have and love: Nokia Lumia 1520, Surface Pro 3, 13" Macbook Pro Retina with Windows 8.1 Pro from a clean install(No trace of OS X can or will be found), Canon Rebel T3i, Xbone, PS4, my Panasonic TC-P65VT30 and my Samsung UN55F7100AFXZA.

I plan to be a regular contributor here, as time permits, so if you have any questions for me let me know.

Tyler

Welcome to our community Tyler! We are glad you are here and I am most interested in learning about your MBA running a clean Windows 8.1 without any traces of OS X.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Maybe this is off topic a bit, but this is Mile (he is on left, I'm on right) who is my friend and looooong time Android user.
When i start talking to him about how gorgeous WP actually is, it took me just 2 weeks to make him buy his first WP device and he is loving it so far (yeah, he is constantly calling me like "Hey how do i do this, that?" haha)
Windows Phone 1:0 Android :)
(View attachment 86772)

Thanks for sharing, Boris!

seandanger

Nov 19, 2014
Visit site
Hi everyone, just wanted to quickly introduce myself. I'm Sean, a developer at a small indie games company called Bit By Bit Studios. We've just finished porting our first game from Android / iOS over to WP 8, and I'm really excited to get involved a bit more with the WP ecosystem.

If things go well for us on the WP store with this first game, we'll definitely be launching our next game on Windows Phone at the same time as Android and iOS, so I hope people are excited to get some new quality games coming into the store. And thanks for hosting these great forums!

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
Hi everyone, just wanted to quickly introduce myself. I'm Sean, a developer at a small indie games company called Bit By Bit Studios. We've just finished porting our first game from Android / iOS over to WP 8, and I'm really excited to get involved a bit more with the WP ecosystem.

If things go well for us on the WP store with this first game, we'll definitely be launching our next game on Windows Phone at the same time as Android and iOS, so I hope people are excited to get some new quality games coming into the store. And thanks for hosting these great forums!

Hello Sean and welcome to Windows Central. Hopefully this community will be of use to you in your app development for this platform. Wish you all the best.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Welcome to our community and many thanks for developing for our platform! Good luck with the development of the next game:)

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

Always great to see new developers on the forum. Don't forget to check out the developer section of the boards!

Slovenix

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
I'm an Artist so I paint, I also did photography at a point but to be honest I hate it. I resent having ( what I call ) a worthless ability and would sell my soul to be able to trade it for singing or playing an instrument XD.

Ow come on Art is great! Why the need for some mainstream skills like singing and instruments. Paint how you feel about it and maybe you'll see something LOL :D

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Hello all!

My name is Tyler. I live in California, full-time student while working full-time for Kaiser Permanente. I am a lifetime gadget junkie, extreme DIYer, ex-star-commenter of Gizmodo(when having a star actually meant something and before Gizmodo turned into what it has been for the last 4+ yrs). I've been with Windows since Windows 95 and Windows Phone since Windows Mobile 5.0. I live with a gorgeous pixie chick, have a 90lbs pitbull and a 3 day old puppy French bulldog(my pixie chick has the parents), and drive a 2010 Jeep Wrangler JKU(called The Stormtrooper). My favorite hobbies: snowboarding, movies, anything tech related, mods and DIY projects, gym, and I'm obsessed with getting tattoos. It's all downhill after your 1st one, just can't stop.

Most of my tattoos are pretty epic and highly admired within the "geek and nerd" community. Here's a list of what I have so far: a green silhouette of The Hulk with a smaller skin silhouette of Bruce Banner in front of or on top depends on how you look at it I guess lol, The Joke stabbing Batman in an obvious lovers quarrel, a mashup of the 1941 Batman Logo inside the Dark Knight Rises logo, another mashup but with R2D2 and a Dalek falling in love, an old school Sailor Jerry style TARDIS in a vortex of time and space,Master Chief with his assault rifle, Wall•E in space using a fire extinguisher chasing after Eve, and my favorite one so far is Spiderman violently ripping Venom off of him. Much much more to go too.

My everyday go to gadgets and others I have and love: Nokia Lumia 1520, Surface Pro 3, 13" Macbook Pro Retina with Windows 8.1 Pro from a clean install(No trace of OS X can or will be found), Canon Rebel T3i, Xbone, PS4, my Panasonic TC-P65VT30 and my Samsung UN55F7100AFXZA.

I plan to be a regular contributor here, as time permits, so if you have any questions for me let me know.

Tyler

Welcome to Windows Central Tyler, great to have you here!

saulricardo

Dec 10, 2014
Visit site
Hello everyone,

My name is Saul Gomez, I live in Bellevue WA, I started working for Microsoft this year and it has been a really amazing experience. I love to play video games on console or PC, halo, pokemon, smash, you name it. Since I was a little kid technology has been my passion, I like to think that we are the wizards of our ages with hardware as our wands and programming languages/algorithms as our spells.

I also like photography, a few animes and reading.

I'll be around to answer your questions, either Microsoft related or whatever you want to talk.

Cheers!

Last edited:

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I like to think that we are the wizards of our ages with hardware as our wands and programming languages/algorithms as our spells.

I appreciate this thinking as well. Technology is a magical thing. As Arthur C. Clarke said "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." That's my forum namesake, by the way :smile:

Welcome to Windows Central, Saul! Really glad to have you here.

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
Hello everyone,

My name is Saul Gomez, I live in Bellevue WA, I started working for Microsoft this year and it has been a really amazing experience. I love to play video games on console or PC, halo, pokemon, smash, you name it. Since I was a little kid technology has been my passion, I like to think that we are the wizards of our ages with hardware as our wands and programming languages/algorithms as our spells.

I also like photography, a few animes and reading.

I'll be around to answer your questions, either Microsoft related or whatever you want to talk.

Cheers!

Hello Saul and welcome to the community. Great to see Microsoft employees on the forum. It will be a great asset to have such a presence to help and users and gather feedback.

I also enjoy gaming, so hope to see you in those sections of the forum ;) Either way, hope you enjoy your stay here.

Boris NevermorE

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
Hello everyone,
I'm Chung I am a 32 year old, a designer. I have a boy 6 month old.
I love windows phone and I built a windows phone team to create some quality app for me first and for all windows phone users!
I just publish 3 apps to store today, and will create a thread about that when I post enough 10 posts T_T
Thanks

Welcome to the family Chung. Before you post 10 posts, you can add the link in your Signature. Just look in your Profile Settings. :)

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Hello everyone,
I love windows phone and I built a windows phone team to create some quality app for me first and for all windows phone users!
I just publish 3 apps to store today, and will create a thread about that when I post enough 10 posts T_T
Thanks

Welcome again, Chung... I said hello in your Introduction Thread.

Welcome to the family Chung. Before you post 10 posts, you can add the link in your Signature. Just look in your Profile Settings. :)

Sorry Boris. That is not quite accurate and complete info.

Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums

Capture.JPG

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
Hello everyone,
Thanks

Hello Chung and welcome to the community. Great to see you developing for the Windows Phone platform. Wish you all the best :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro