08-03-2018 06:41 PM
1,125 ... 3031323334 ...
tools
    Hello All,

I'm a recent Windows Phone convert, coming from Android. Microsoft is fulfilling my long wish of having a consistent OS experience across all platforms with Continuum and Windows 10 so I am in the midst of transitioning my digital life to MS devices and services. Figured being a part of an active Windows comunity may help me with all the dumb questions I might have as I get accustomed to this new ecosystem (also use mac OSX as a desktop OS for the last couple years).

Right now I'm using a Lumia 640. Waiting to see what the rumored October devices from Microsoft will be. I may move to a flagship Windows handheld or a 640XL if that doesn't happen.

Nathan
    RumoredNow likes this.
    09-13-2015 01:09 PM
    Same here, and I'm so happy I made the move!
    RumoredNow likes this.
    09-14-2015 05:39 AM
    Welcome Nathan...

Make yourself at home and I'll see you around the board.
    09-14-2015 11:21 AM
    Hey guys,

I'm the Chief Creative Officer of Re-roll Entertainment, a game development studio with offices in Beijing, China and Frde, Norway (small city in the fjord-filled western part of the country). Right now we're on a mission to bring complete and no-nonsense games to all mobile platforms, especially the Windows Phone. Thanks to cross-platform advances with Unity and Windows 10 we are rapidly approaching our goal with our first release: An old-school tactical fantasy RPG called "Karnage: Dawn of Upheaval".

Really looking forward to seeing the Windows 10 Phones and tablets and the toys and tools we get to play with on those. As Nathan pointed out, October could be a very interesting month!

If you guys have any questions don't hesitate to ask - I know I will do the same so it's only fair. ;)

- Thomas
    RumoredNow likes this.
    09-15-2015 05:05 AM
    LOLOLOL Boozifer. Great name and great avatar.

Check out our Developer Forums: http://forums.windowscentral.com/#wi...one-developers

Our Developer Program: http://forums.windowscentral.com/dev...-new-post.html

And our Dev Rules: App and Developer Forum Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums

It's always great to see interest in Windows Phone from devs. Enjoy the board and thanks for all you do.
    Boozifer likes this.
    09-15-2015 11:23 AM
    Welcome to Windows Central Nathan! I am using a 640 currently and trying to line up the $$ for the October announcement. I need to replace a laptop this year and would like to get a Surface Pro hopefully with LTE.
    RumoredNow likes this.
    09-15-2015 01:43 PM
    Same here, and I'm so happy I made the move!
    Welcome to WindowsCentral! What device(s) are you using?
    RumoredNow likes this.
    09-15-2015 01:43 PM
    Hey guys,

I'm the Chief Creative Officer of Re-roll Entertainment, a game development studio with offices in Beijing, China and Frde, Norway (small city in the fjord-filled western part of the country). Right now we're on a mission to bring complete and no-nonsense games to all mobile platforms, especially the Windows Phone. Thanks to cross-platform advances with Unity and Windows 10 we are rapidly approaching our goal with our first release: An old-school tactical fantasy RPG called "Karnage: Dawn of Upheaval".

Really looking forward to seeing the Windows 10 Phones and tablets and the toys and tools we get to play with on those. As Nathan pointed out, October could be a very interesting month!

If you guys have any questions don't hesitate to ask - I know I will do the same so it's only fair. ;)

- Thomas
    Thanks for supporting our platform Boozifer! Haven't made it to Norway yet, been to DK and Sweden so far in Scandinavia.
    RumoredNow and Boozifer like this.
    09-15-2015 01:44 PM
    LOLOLOL Boozifer. Great name and great avatar.

Check out our Developer Forums: (link)

Our Developer Program: (link)

And our Dev Rules: (link)

It's always great to see interest in Windows Phone from devs. Enjoy the board and thanks for all you do.
    Thanks!

Checking out the links now.. that developer program looks mighty interesting!

Glad you liked the avatar! It's a picture of our Halloween pumpkin last year, carved by my 4-year old son (with a tiny bit of help from yours truly).
    RumoredNow likes this.
    09-16-2015 06:22 AM
    Thanks for supporting our platform Boozifer! Haven't made it to Norway yet, been to DK and Sweden so far in Scandinavia.
    I warmly recommend a visit to Norway - especially the western parts! Although, I must admit I'm a little biased in that regard... It is quite like Denmark and Sweden in many ways, only a little more expensive and a lot more beautiful.
    worldspy99 likes this.
    09-16-2015 06:28 AM
    Been reading the website anfd forums for a while now. Jumped on the WP bandwagon about three years ago with a Lumia 920 (which I still consider to be the most beautiful phone ever made - or the N9 or 900). About a year later, greatly seduced by windows phone 8(.1), I purchased a surface RT, a Lumia 1520 and a Dell XPS15.
    Welcome to Windows Central, Willelmus!

Glad to have you with us!
    09-18-2015 12:52 PM
    Right now I'm using a Lumia 640. Waiting to see what the rumored October devices from Microsoft will be. I may move to a flagship Windows handheld or a 640XL if that doesn't happen.

Nathan
    640 is a nice phone. I'm sporting that one myself. Welcome, Nathan!
    09-18-2015 12:53 PM
    Absolutely, Boozifer! Looking forward to seeing what you and yours bring to the table for games on the platform. These are indeed interesting times.

Welcome!
    RumoredNow likes this.
    09-18-2015 12:54 PM
    Good afternoon to all!

Greetings from somewhere in Asia. I have been a WP convert since December of 2014 (not that long I know) but it's been a good experience so far. Just made my account after lurking on here for so long!

PS I've only used low-end WPs (530 and then 435) but the experience is anything but low-end!
    09-30-2015 01:37 AM
    I've only used low-end WPs (530 and then 435) but the experience is anything but low-end!
    I agree... Trying a Lumia 521 about 2 years ago lured me in.

Welcome to the board.
    09-30-2015 11:21 AM
    Good afternoon to all!

Greetings from somewhere in Asia. I have been a WP convert since December of 2014 (not that long I know) but it's been a good experience so far. Just made my account after lurking on here for so long!

PS I've only used low-end WPs (530 and then 435) but the experience is anything but low-end!
    Welcome, just like RumoredNow, I too joined the WP bandwagon using a Lumia 521. Since then I have sampled multiple devices on this platform but in the low to mid range devices no Android phone comes close to the fluidity of the WP OS and the Lumia 4XX to 7XX devices.
    09-30-2015 04:14 PM
    Good afternoon to all!

Welcome! Glad you finally joined us!

It's an exciting time here, with new announcements coming tomorrow and all.
    RumoredNow and rageofthemike like this.
    10-05-2015 08:19 AM
    Hello everyone! Names Kevin, I've been using a Windows Phone since 2010 when the HTC Surround was first released, had it replaced 8 times(all HTC HW issues) then they moved me over to a HTC Titan which I had until I switched over to a Galaxy S3 to give Android a try, couldn't stand it and bought a Lumia 1020 out of contract which is still my current active phone! I've been lurking on Windows Central for a really long time, they got me into doing Developer Preview on my Windows Phone, PC and Xbox One! Now I can get enough and constantly talk about MS stuff to everyone haha! I even have a MS Lanyard for work, I am a supervisor at a call center providing tech support so my techy fits in well. I've have also used an iPhone but WP is still my favorite by far.
    10-12-2015 12:12 AM
    Hello everyone! Names Kevin, I've been using a Windows Phone since 2010 when the HTC Surround was first released, had it replaced 8 times(all HTC HW issues) then they moved me over to a HTC Titan which I had until I switched over to a Galaxy S3 to give Android a try, couldn't stand it and bought a Lumia 1020 out of contract which is still my current active phone! I've been lurking on Windows Central for a really long time, they got me into doing Developer Preview on my Windows Phone, PC and Xbox One! Now I can get enough and constantly talk about MS stuff to everyone haha! I even have a MS Lanyard for work, I am a supervisor at a call center providing tech support so my techy fits in well. I've have also used an iPhone but WP is still my favorite by far.
    Welcome aboard Kevin :)
    1020 is iconic phone, I bought it and I loved it to the bits. But i had it for 6 months. My younger 1st cousin got high school graduated and she is a passionate amateur photographer, so I got myself the beautiful Samsung ATIV S i8750 (as you see, still my daily driver) and give the Lumia 1020 to my cousin as a high school graduation present. It took her just day and a half to figure it out (the WP) because she was previously an iPhone user. She still have that phone for 2 years now and don't even think to replace it. :)
    RumoredNow likes this.
    10-12-2015 06:29 AM
    Welcome to the forums Kevin. Nice introduction. The Lumia 1020 is still one of the best cameraphones out there!
    RumoredNow likes this.
    10-12-2015 11:10 AM
    Welcome to the forums, Kevin!
    RumoredNow likes this.
    10-13-2015 11:13 AM
    Welcome Kevin of many phones... :D
    10-16-2015 11:06 PM
    Hi all. Im Stefan , WP user from Bosnia. Have my L520 for year and a half. Can be happy with price/performance of phone and that interests me more about wp and i found this forum. I hope we will have great communications here. Sorry if my english is bad because it is not my native.
    10-17-2015 04:26 PM
    Hi all. Im Stefan , WP user from Bosnia. Have my L520 for year and a half. Can be happy with price/performance of phone and that interests me more about wp and i found this forum. I hope we will have great communications here. Sorry if my english is bad because it is not my native.
    Konacno da naletim na tebe :d

Welcome to our forums, hope you'll have the best of experience.
    RumoredNow likes this.
    10-17-2015 04:31 PM
    Welcome to the forums, Stefan.
    RumoredNow likes this.
    10-17-2015 05:27 PM
1,125 ... 3031323334 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD