Introduce yourself!

bear_lx

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
i didnt see a thread for this, thought it would be a good idea, especially since there are some passionate people in here and things can get heated... i post daily and dont know a sigle persons name, where the are from, who they are, how old they are, what they do for a living, ect...

ill start - my name is sean, im from ohio, dayton area. im a personal banker at fifth third bank, and tech junkie. also love sports and cars. bengals fan, drive a grand prix gxp with a 5.3 v8 all blacked out, and some mods. have a beautiful wife ( really, im lucky ) and just found out 3 weeks ago she is pregnant with our first!!! just turned 30 btw

if this works, we should sticky this big d and if its moved to general discussion, no one will read it lol...

Last edited by a moderator:

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
lol good idea i guess . its always good to bring us the community closer.

so hello!! lol

My name is Alex , and im a WP Adique. LOL

I’m 25years old ,
I live in Montreal Quebec ( canada )
i work for BELL mobility for the last 4 years. (Small business account manager ) selling cell.

i drive a 2008 Honda Civic 2 doors . LOL :p . im a BIKE guy but my G-f doesn’t want me to die.

I also like composing Electronic Music and Creating Maps for SC2 as a past time. when im not playing with my Phone. lol

thats pretty much it lol

PS @ Winterfang . i have a FOCUS i dont think im a COMPLET D-BAG ,, maybe partially. lol

Last edited:

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
I rather no say my real name since I use my nickname is dubious places and Google has me freak out with their goddamn ads.

I'm 24, live in Puerto Rico and make a living selling cellphone accessories. Which in turn has me seeing WP7 users daily. ( Hint: haven't met a single focus user that wasn't a complete d-bag LOL)

bear_lx

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
sweet! i used to dj electronic music at various raves and clubs... played with guys like dj icey, richard humpty vission, kos and xavier, and many more... i played mostly on turntables, was pretty decent too... promoters paid me and people came to see me so, im proud!!!

that was 10 years ago when the scene was different, now its a drug fest... haventplayed on decks in about 5 years, but i bet its like riding a bike

Last edited:

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
I'm an Artist so I paint, I also did photography at a point but to be honest I hate it. I resent having ( what I call ) a worthless ability and would sell my soul to be able to trade it for singing or playing an instrument XD.

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
sweet! i used to dj electronic music at various raves and clubs... played with guys like dj icey, richard humpty vission, kos and xavier, and many more... i played mostly on turntables, was pretty decent too... promoters paid me and people came to see me so, im proud!!!

LOL awsome , i never really got my self into raves and clubs ( always wanted too ) but i never got my self out there ,, and i dont think i was good enought ( maybe small clubs )

i compose (keybored ) i dont spin really did it a little but not that good at it lol ..

here is a link to my stuff: SelfCreation | Free Music, Tour Dates, Photos, Videos

i havent made a beet in about a year doh.

pikacz

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
why the heck not :) ma name's Martin, i'm from Warsaw, Poland. I work at Mercer (consulting) as analyst, ride a chineese scooter and love my Mozart :)

UpTownDC

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Here we go!! I'm Mandell 46 in the DC area. I'm an IT Director for *&^%$!! As you know I'm not allowed to say on here. Sports fan..die hard Steeler fan!! Tech by trade and passion!! I've been at this since 1990 for fun and 1996 for money!! LOL

Umm Yeah

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
My name is Umm. First time caller, long time listener. I live in DC, working as the finance director for an independent school. Been using BlackBerrys for the past 6 years but I've been looking around. Used Android vicariously through my wife (whom I've since convinced to dump it and get a WP7 phone). I flirted with WP7 but since my school pays for my phone and I HAVE to have my calendar syncing with multiple Google calendars, I had to return it and wait for Mango.

So I'm stuck with my BlackBerry and waiting for Mango, the iPhone 5, and possibly even the new QNX based OS on the new BlackBerrys, if I don't cave in before then. I'm stuck on Verizon, which doesn't seem to gung ho on WP7 so that may limit my opportunities.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
I'm Ken. I live in Vegas. I've been involved with tech since punch cards, Fortran and the IBM 360. I'm a network administrator, MCSE,CNA and and writer.
I've written 5 unpublished murder mysteries and one children's book. I am a bass guitarist and sat in for Ron Bell for 20 minutes when he showed up at a venue in Newark, NJ. Ron Bell is aka "Kool" from Kool and the Gang. I sat in when they were the Jazziacs. I sang with an acapella do-wop group while in college. I have 2 kids in college so I'm broke all the time and one wife. Needless to say I love Windows Phone because I like the synergy between hardware and OS, something that continues to be non-existent with any android phone.

Wiccan Lagar

Aug 17, 2011
www.mpiofny.com
This sounds like fun! Ok here goes.

My name is Steve and I live on Long Island in NY. I am 26 years old working for BNY Mellon in a desktop support possition for the past 3 years. I play guitar, bass and drums and an amatuer in photography (love my Nikon d90.)

I have been a paranormal investigator (ghost hunter)for the lat 4 years as well and recently became cofounder and tech manager of a local paranomral group in NY servicing the tri state area.

Hmmmm. I think that should be it for now.

smartpatrol

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
My name is Philip. I'm 30 and live in Chicago. I do contract work at airports (a great place to check out all the gadgets people are using!) Aside from being a huge gadget geek, I also love video games, cycling, running, reading, and travelling. Just got back from Peru (where, among other things, I saw South America's best Beatles tribute band!), hoping to maybe go to Japan or Thailand next year :) I'm somewhat of a foodie, so my favorite part about travelling is eating all the local cuisine. I especially like hot, spicy food. I live with my girlfriend of 3 years, no kids or pets yet (although I really want a dog once we get a place with a back yard).

Great thread, it's nice to get to know everybody on a more personal level.

bear_lx

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
My name is Philip. I'm 30 and live in Chicago. I do contract work at airports (a great place to check out all the gadgets people are using!) Aside from being a huge gadget geek, I also love video games, cycling, running, reading, and travelling. Just got back from Peru (where, among other things, I saw South America's best Beatles tribute band!), hoping to maybe go to Japan or Thailand next year :) I'm somewhat of a foodie, so my favorite part about travelling is eating all the local cuisine. I especially like hot, spicy food. I live with my girlfriend of 3 years, no kids or pets yet (although I really want a dog once we get a place with a back yard).

Great thread, it's nice to get to know everybody on a more personal level.

would have never guessed your a foodie by your avatar pic, lol... nice to meet you

bear_lx

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
This sounds like fun! Ok here goes.

My name is Steve and I live on Long Island in NY. I am 26 years old working for BNY Mellon in a desktop support possition for the past 3 years. I play guitar, bass and drums and an amatuer in photography (love my Nikon d90.)

I have been a paranormal investigator (ghost hunter)for the lat 4 years as well and recently became cofounder and tech manager of a local paranomral group in NY servicing the tri state area.

Hmmmm. I think that should be it for now.

ghost hunter huh, pretty sweet! i am still freaked out by that movie, "paranormal activty" nice to meet you

bear_lx

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
Here we go!! I'm Mandell 46 in the DC area. I'm an IT Director for *&^%$!! As you know I'm not allowed to say on here. Sports fan..die hard Steeler fan!! Tech by trade and passion!! I've been at this since 1990 for fun and 1996 for money!! LOL

i wont hold the fact your a steelers fan against you... we bengals fans dont really get along with steelers fans for obvious reasons, lol... nice to meet you

bear_lx

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
nice to meet you to martin, winterfang, ken, and ummm yeah... at least now i know who i am talking to when i need help

GekkoAce

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
I'm Aaron, 27, and a tech junkie. I sold my iPhone 4 on ebay and bought an unlocked Focus the first week the Focus was out.
I love my Focus, and I'm definitly not a d-bag.

@Winterfang: Have you seen an increase in WP7 users?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb