Introduce yourself!

sm07

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
Congrats on all the babies, everyone :p

I'm 17 and currently live in Australia. I'm into gadgets and graphic/web design - WP7 is the perfect mix of the two. I like house/electro music (not exclusively though) and use a Mac as my main computer - wish it had Zune. I'm not a huge movie buff, but my favourite from last year would be Scott Pilgrim - partly for the story but mostly cause it's awesomely made. I generally prefer TV series though. Doctor Who, Parks and Rec, Community and Archer are probably my top few right now.

Like ikkf and Winterfang I'd rather not let google stalk me to the ends of the internet so I won't post personal stuff. There's probably enough information out there to figure out who I am, though :|

Last edited:

wolf1891

May 12, 2011
Visit site
oooo... I like these threads!

I'm Mark, I live in the Chicago area, I'm 40 yrs old and a mainframe programmer for a direct mail marketing company. Single (but still looking), no kids (that I'm aware of), and two cats (the real bosses of the house).

jimmy1one

Aug 27, 2011
Visit site
My names is Jimmy and I live in Charlotte. I'm 55 years old and a retired HVAC contractor. I got out of the game when I got the chance, hope to stay out. I've been working with computers for almost 25 years but quit the game when all the ugliness started. I love Funk, photography, exotics and vintage cars waiting for my first kit to arrive in December

psychotron

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Name's John and I live in Ft Worth, TX. I'm a 47 year old retired Air Force guy who just moved home and presently looking for work. I was one of those desperate folks who has hung on to the Zune hardware up until the bitter end and am now looking to migrate to WP7. Probably would have last year but I've learned to shy away from the first gen of any technology and feel like now that Mango and new handsets are on the way that it is the right time to go ahead and dive in. Just beginning to dabble in app development and kicking around a few ideas at the moment until I get my hands on a new phone.

Rodolfo#WP

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
I'm a retired management consultant who spent most of my professional life in colleges and universities, and I live in a university town. I enjoy cycling, photography, MS Windows devices, and both reading and listening to music in two languages. Early this year, I discovered and signed up for an annual Zune Pass, and the ZuneHD and Samsung Focus have followed. I signed up here to learn from and contribute to this new-to-me WP7 community. I expect to keep the Focus and be around for a long while.

BTW, I really like that there is only one sticky on the Focus forum. ;)

cckgz4

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Name is Chris. Just turned 26 and currently employed at Panera Bread Company (shift mgr). Looking for a second part-time gig just to make sure things aren't too hectic at home (plus I want some cushion so I can buy stuff and go on vacays LOL). Serious homebody but don't mind going out with friends from time to time. Been involved with my partner for almost 4 years (off and on) and will shamefully admit that I've gotten him addicted to electronics. I'm a gadget junkie but I don't buy a lot of them (just read about them). Currently looking at the Focus and debating on if I want to keep my iPhone 3GS. My co-worker wants another 3GS (sold his) and I'm finding some cheap Focus' on eBay so the timing seems good, but I actually love my iPhone LOL. I honestly want the iPhone 4 (no flash on the camera sucks) and a WP7 device (whether it's the Focus or possibly the HD7) at the same time. I think I'd be satisfied then ;)

Rich Edmonds

PC Editor
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I'm Rich, 21 and currently residing in sunny Southend, Essex UK. I am a freelance writer and web developer currently working at WPCentral and a few other locations. I spent three years prior to joining the team at an SEO agency in London, which was truly an immense experience.

I've not owned a Windows Mobile device, which puts me at a somewhat disadvantage, but I make up for the lack of background knowledge with having previous experiences with iOS and Android. I have a girlfriend who lives (and is from) Turkey so I spend the majority of my vacations travelling to and from. I've used computers since I can remember with the first OS being Windows 95 and I ripped my old man's machine apart when I was 10. Since then I've dived into Windows, OS X and Linux (multiple distributions) as well as a number of bulletin board software.

astroXP

Jul 1, 2011
twitter.com
I'm 21 and the name's Danny. I'm originally from Mexico but been living in TX for almost a decade. I'm currently studying computer web development and besides being a tech fanatic, some of my hobbies are stargazing, graphic design (Adobe Ps & Ae) and reading. It's nice to meet you all and gee, I didn't know there were users from almost all ages! :shocked:

VernonEL

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
Greetings!
Vernon. 30. Married w/ daughter.

I am a production supervisor at a corn ethanol plant (the 6th largest in NA). I've been operating process plants for many years now, but lately I've been attracted more the the tech world.

I've only been using smartphones since '08, but enjoy the heck out of them and keep trying to get the most out of what I have. I've found myself getting asked by friends, family, and even friends of friends for help with their mobile communication. I really enjoy that, and am actually looking for the right opportunity to make some money doing something related.

I feel that the Windows Phone platform is amazing and still has so much potential. It really seems to offer a good balance between what Android, RIM, and iOS are offering.

This forum has taught me so much and I hope to be a contributing member for some time.

Sent from my LG-C900 using Board Express

lycosman

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
Hey people.

So, I'm Jo?o, 23 and I'm from Portugal. Single and no kids. I'm currently unemployed (had a summer job that's about to end, maybe next week, f-ing crisis) but the last full-time job I had was in an office supplies warehouse. I'm still trying to figure out what to do with my life since I didn't went to college when I was supposed to. Even though, it'll probably be related to computers.

I've jumped in the smartphone boat only a few weeks ago. Never really felt the need to get one, and iOS or Android never really exited me enough to get one even though I didn't need one. webOS did but they never sold Palm stuff in Portugal so I never bothered to get one somewhere else. Windows Phone, in the other hand, was love at first sight. Once I got a really good chance to get one, adding the hype on the Mango update, I did, a LG Optimus 7. It was the best thing I could do.

I've always been a Mac fan, I own one and it's my main computer, but lately I've come to fancy Microsoft's work more and more. WP7 being the biggest surprise so far. They just need to impress me with Windows 8 as they did with WP7 and I'm leaving the Mac universe, mainly because Lion was a big disappointment.

So, here I am, looking forward to go deeper into the WP community..

Last edited:

Michael-Dallas

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Howdy all y'all nice to meet everyone. I'm Dave I am 44 years old I have 3 kids, I have been married to my lovely wife for 20 years. I am the Project Manager for a small company in Texas we install material handling equipment or basically we build stuff. Started using PPC's when Windows CE 1.0 came out in an attempt to stay organised on job sites. I am a Texan I have a bumper sticker on my GMC Sierra 2500HD that says Native Texas because I am BTY that is the 4X4 Sierra with the DURAMAX diesel V8 and Allison transmission. I am now and always will be and have been a DALLAS COWBOYS fan. I work 60 hour weeks to make a living then I spend my free time here in these forums reading teaching and learning about Windows Phone from some of the greatest people ever.

:cool: Dave

With the way you play Call of Duty, I would have guessed that you were 60 years old. :p We gots to hook up on Xbox again, I got some funny info for ya...

Anyway, I'm 36 and I work in IT at a cosmetics company. I love to program, I love cars, I love guns, and I love to party. Wasn't born in Texas, but got here as soon as I could. :)

I am taking a [short] sabbatical from Nokia phones and I've been itching for a big-*** diesel pickup w/ a lift kit...

Michael.

Odeira.Oloap

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
Hello to everyone... :)

My name is Paolo.

I am 20.

I am a College Student.

I am based somewhere in Manila, the Philippines.

I am a BIG fan of Foster the People and David Guetta. I just think that these two make excellent music (alternative and electronic are their genres, respectively.)

I am an aspiring photographer.

I dream of having my own car (probably a Challenger or a Charger or a Camaro) and just driving around doing nothing, for I like to travel a lot.
(asking anyone who currently owns / has owned / has driven / has worked with these cars - Are they good cars? I really want to own any one of these. :D )

I suppose that is all that you'll know about me... For now... :)

davenpj

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site
My name is jeremy I'm 13 I'm a tech junkie like most people up here. I love phones I have htc desire android with us cellular I'm getting the htc 7 pro Monday of I make good grades. My dad passed a2way last year if anyone wants to gtalk if windows. Have it

Sent from my SCH-R880 using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

FriendOrDafoe

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
Hi everyone! FriendOrDafoe here!

Im 22 years old and my LG Quantum is my first smartphone ever. I live in Cincinnati and am an Engineering student / intern. I love Microsoft stuff, Reggae, Beer, Bicycles, Markets, blah blah blah. And this is my only active forum. I like it alot!

I am on Xbox Live if anyone wants to throw me a friend request. FriendOrDafoe

martin_strahilovski

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Hello everyone on WP Central! Been around about two months or so and i know noticed this Tread :) Anyway i'm from Macedonia, web admin, blogger and geek for technology. I have LG Optimus 7, because it has 16 GB Memory and capacitive buttons and eager waiting new Windows Phone 7.5 devices to arrive in Macedonia :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb