Introduce yourself!

ebradley

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
I love WP

Hello all,
My name is Edward. I got my 1st WP Dec 2010. It was the best purchase for a phone I could have made. I had been using a Moto Q for almost 4 years and wanted the ease of having Outlook and Office built in.
I am not an Apple hater, but I am not too fond of their products. After getting my son an iPod, I knew I would not like the iPhone. Primary reason: TOO DAMN SMALL.
I am currently on the HTC Titan II, still unsure about it :-S. I did have the original Focus until about a month ago, they can get wet only so many times. I had a 32 gig sd card in it and it always performed like a champ.

I am part of a nerd herd for a blue chip company and love the way I can keep up with everything I need to without needing a 3rd party app. I can't wait for W8, WP8, Surface to hit the shelves.

Miekk4

Aug 12, 2012
Visit site
New guy introduces himself

Greetings!

I'm a 24 year old guy from Finland and I got my first WP LG Optimus 7 a couple of weeks ago. I moved to Metro UI out of curiosity and I was hoping it would prove itself better than Android as my previous phone was underwhelming Xperia Mini Pro. So far I am very pleased with the phone and the UI itself. It's stylish, fun to use and the phone itself is a steal for a 150e. As a mainly PC gamer I have enjoyed the games and apps I have tried so far. Only real downside in the UI(apart from no Opera thing :dry) is that not that many people seem to own a WP device. I hope that thing is about to change soon as the popularity of WP is growing.

Still, I'm glad I jumped from Android.

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Hi I'm XENOPHOS.

I'm from India. I'm a copywriter by profession but a particle physicist by imagination. :p

Sent from my RaZr Nexus.

adilici

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
Hi,

I'm Adrian from Bucharest, Romania.

I got my first WP (Samsung Omnia 7 16GB) in January 2011. I subsequently drowned it in a lake in August 2011 because I forgot it was in my shorts when I went in for a swim. After that I braved a few months of borrowed Android **** until 2nd gen devices came out and I got a HTC Titan, which I'm still using. Now I'm kinda pissed at myself because *I just have to have* a Lumia 920 even though neither the Titan or the Omnia got through a whole year of usage.

I'm also pissed at Microsoft for having no Xbox live in Romania and leaving Bing Maps as a barren wasteland in this part of Europe (streets are there, but no trace of anything else).

What else? Oh, phone history:

- Alcatel One Touch Easy db (2000);
- Nokia 3310 (2002);
- Nokia 6610i (2004) + Alcatel OT 511(2004);
- Nokia N91 (2006) + Nokia 6610i (2004);
- Nokia N97 (2008) + Nokia N91 (2006);
- Samsung Omnia 7 (2011);
- borrowed Samsung Galaxy Spica;
- HTC Titan (2011);

There.

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

I'm Adrian from Bucharest, Romania.

I got my first WP (Samsung Omnia 7 16GB) in January 2011. I subsequently drowned it in a lake in August 2011 because I forgot it was in my shorts when I went in for a swim. After that I braved a few months of borrowed Android **** until 2nd gen devices came out and I got a HTC Titan, which I'm still using. Now I'm kinda pissed at myself because *I just have to have* a Lumia 920 even though neither the Titan or the Omnia got through a whole year of usage.

I'm also pissed at Microsoft for having no Xbox live in Romania and leaving Bing Maps as a barren wasteland in this part of Europe (streets are there, but no trace of anything else).

What else? Oh, phone history:

- Alcatel One Touch Easy db (2000);
- Nokia 3310 (2002);
- Nokia 6610i (2004) + Alcatel OT 511(2004);
- Nokia N91 (2006) + Nokia 6610i (2004);
- Nokia N97 (2008) + Nokia N91 (2006);
- Samsung Omnia 7 (2011);
- borrowed Samsung Galaxy Spica;
- HTC Titan (2011);

There.

Welcome to WPCentral Adrian. This is the best place to share and express anything about WP8...

You will love this place!

Sent from my XT910 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

An Xbox Dude

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
Hi all! I've been follow this sites news for a while and finally decided to join the forums. Someone I know was kind enough to give me an extra Windows Phone he had left over from a developer event. Been loving the Windows Phone ecosystem ever since!

Faris Sarkis

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
I am a new user on the forum and look forward to using this forum in the future. I am quite new to as well as am in need of some help.

firewall2302

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Hi everyone!

I'm new to the forums and thought I'd go ahead and post an introduction and a little info on myself.

I'm 28 and from the US. While I've been a MS fan for most all of my life I've never actually owned a Windows Phone thus far. Closest I've ever been was a Pocket PC back in the early 2000s. In fact, my phone history is really all over the place with next to no brand loyalty:

1. Nokia 5110 (2000)
  2. Motorola v.60 (2001)
  3. Sony Ericsson T230 (2003) - This was given to me by a parent and was atrocious
  4. Sony Ericsson T630 (2003)
  5. Motorola Razor v3 (2005)
  6. iPhone 3G (2008)
  7. iPhone 4 (2010)
  8. HTC Vivid (2011)

And, thanks to my TERRIBLE experiences with my HTC Vivid, I'll be purchasing a Nokia Lumia 920 as soon as I can. When I got the Vivid I strongly considered getting an HTC Titan but there were just some issues that bothered me in WP7. I hate to admit it but in the end it was something as simple as the trough on the start screen that kept me from buying it.

TenTwelve

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Hey WPC,

My name is Eric. I'm 40 and live a suburb just East of Cleveland, Ohio called Lyndhurst. I am a gadget and technophile since a very young age (My mother was the same and we always had a computer in the house from a Timex Sinclair on). I've had all the iPhones up until 5 and I'm looking forward to getting my grubby mitts on a 920 ASAP. I've got a HP Touchpad running Android and I'm just not a fan of the OS. I much prefer the stock WebOS and I'm really looking forward to exploring WP8.

A little more about me. I have my own small business and I've recently began delving into graphic design on a small scale as well. I've created logos and designed business cards for many a friend and I've decided to see if anyone else can use my talents. I'm a car, gun, and bike guy but, not a sports guy. (See still a real man. lol). I don't have any fun cars in the stable currently and I ride a 2009 Star (Yamaha) Stratoliner S.

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
I'm sure I speak on behalf of the community when i say Welcome aboard! This Is a great place to share information about WP And W8...

You will love it here!

I'm XENOPHOS BTW...had an HTC HD7, now on RaZr currently but sick of the OS. So jumping back in the WP wagon...(mostly it will be 8X)..

Sent from my RaZr HD.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Hey WPC,

My name is Eric. I'm 40 and live a suburb just East of Cleveland, Ohio called Lyndhurst. I am a gadget and technophile since a very young age (My mother was the same and we always had a computer in the house from a Timex Sinclair on). I've had all the iPhones up until 5 and I'm looking forward to getting my grubby mitts on a 920 ASAP. I've got a HP Touchpad running Android and I'm just not a fan of the OS. I much prefer the stock WebOS and I'm really looking forward to exploring WP8.

A little more about me. I have my own small business and I've recently began delving into graphic design on a small scale as well. I've created logos and designed business cards for many a friend and I've decided to see if anyone else can use my talents. I'm a car, gun, and bike guy but, not a sports guy. (See still a real man. lol). I don't have any fun cars in the stable currently and I ride a 2009 Star (Yamaha) Stratoliner S.

Hi Eric! :)

My name is Laura, and I live in Cleveland (west side--Old Brooklyn neighborhood).

I am a recent graduate specializing in IT networking currently looking for work.

I do like sports (Browns/Cavs, but don't like Indians or baseball). However, I'm not sports-obsessed.

robinleck

Sep 28, 2012
Visit site
Hello ;) I m new here but I have been a WP fan since the birth or "rebirth" the OS 2 years ago. i got myself a Lumia 900 to replaced my worn-out Trophy about one month ago even tho I know 920 is coming soon. I must say it's Completely Totally 100% No Regret making the switch to Lumia. Nokia Lumia Rocks Baby Luv the exclusive apps especially Nokia Music. And the premium build quality of the 900 is even better the iPhone 5, I can't imagine what 920 will be like. And no whatever "-gate" issue with my 900. Its been rock steady since it was first power-up. Finally, I m so glad to join this forum to learn & share with u guys & gals on everything WP.
PS. I actually posted the above under "Lumia 900" thread awhile back but only discovered belatedly that you got a "Introduction" thread so I Thor I posted it here. Sorry for the duplication. Cheerios :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb