Introduce yourself!

its_wasims

May 3, 2013
Visit site
Re: lets introduce ourselves...

I'm Jack (surprising...I know). I am a 34 yr old Sr. IT Engineer. I am married to my high school sweetheart, we now have 2 awesome kids (2.5 yr old boy and my 6 month old princess).

Tech has been my passion for years. Video Gaming used to be a passion..until about 2.5 years ago, now most of my focus is on my kids and I love it (but man do I miss gaming sometimes).

Mobile tech is a great hobby for me as I can work it around my work and family life.

Nice ..... same story for me as well.... but i just have a 6 year old princess....

deku13

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site

Hello. I've been posting here and there in the forums, but not getting much on feedback. Thought I would introduce myself in this forum. Just want to say glad to be a part of what I consider my favorite site to visit.

BenTR

Feb 14, 2013
Visit site

Hey. I am a member of this forum. This Lumia 920 is my first smartphone. This post helps me test whether a bug is fixed.

jbigelow

May 14, 2013
Visit site

Hi, I'm Justin from Dallas. I was a long time Android user, from Nexus One on up; but I'm also a .NET developer that wanted to get into app development so I switched to a HTC 8X. Overall I'm happy with WP8 and have since reloaded my laptop with Win 8 and just bought a Surface RT so I went all in on the ecosystem, the tight integration between the three works really well.

multo

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site

overlooked this thread. Derik here. used to be a winmo user during the days of the htc touch elf. went to android after and recently got a lumia 920. was surprised at how long windows mobile has gone since. now using the lumia as my primary phone. not regretting it at all.

anon(631531)

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site

Hi, i'm grunt0300. Some of you may have noticed me on other forums. Just checking in to learn about Windows phones. I've used all platforms in the past, and currently, i'm using a "rooted" SGSIII. It really is fast on 4.2.2, however, i'm open to anything new that gets me my texts and emails faster, and has a faster or better browser. I do not knock other people's choices, so please don't knock mine. I've had some bad experiences on the CrackBerry forums.:winktongue:

MattieC86

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site

OK, this is my first post on here. I'm Matt (obviously), 26 years old from Somerset, although this year I start my final year of uni in South Wales. I'm a huge cricket, hockey (field) and football (soccer) fan, and I also enjoy badminton and squash. In my spare time - which I have too much of - you'll find me playing one of my favourite sports, or coaching them. When it's too late to do that, I'll be on my PS3 or chatting with my Ecuadorian girlfriend, who I'm planning to propose to this summer. As for my phone, which is what this forum is about, I have a Nokia Lumia 520 on GiffGaff. My previous phone was also a Nokia, but it was 4 or 5 years old and needed to be replaced. I wanted a phone that I could also use for music, thus negating the need to have a mobile and an Ipod. I chose a Windows 8 phone because my one of my brothers has one and he raved about it, I tried it and liked it. I also thought about getting a Samsung Galaxy Ace but I chose W8 instead.

As for why I signed up to the forum, well to be honest I don't do chat forums that much. The reason for coming on here was because I like having somewhere to come to for advice about my phone, and the occasional tech/phone related rant. I'm not out to discuss politics, moan about contemporary art and music or complain about my family.

So, it's good to be here and I hope to get some insight out of it :)

First complaint...it's total crud that I can't have a custom text tone :(

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site

OK, this is my first post on here. I'm Matt (obviously), 26 years old from Somerset, although this year I start my final year of uni in South Wales. I'm a huge cricket, hockey (field) and football (soccer) fan, and I also enjoy badminton and squash. In my spare time - which I have too much of - you'll find me playing one of my favourite sports, or coaching them. When it's too late to do that, I'll be on my PS3 or chatting with my Ecuadorian girlfriend, who I'm planning to propose to this summer. As for my phone, which is what this forum is about, I have a Nokia Lumia 520 on GiffGaff. My previous phone was also a Nokia, but it was 4 or 5 years old and needed to be replaced. I wanted a phone that I could also use for music, thus negating the need to have a mobile and an Ipod. I chose a Windows 8 phone because my one of my brothers has one and he raved about it, I tried it and liked it. I also thought about getting a Samsung Galaxy Ace but I chose W8 instead.

As for why I signed up to the forum, well to be honest I don't do chat forums that much. The reason for coming on here was because I like having somewhere to come to for advice about my phone, and the occasional tech/phone related rant. I'm not out to discuss politics, moan about contemporary art and music or complain about my family.

So, it's good to be here and I hope to get some insight out of it :)

First complaint...it's total crud that I can't have a custom text tone :(

Spoiler Alert!!! You may have just ruined your surprise for your Ecuatoriana. :)

Ianuarius

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site

Juha Ker?nen here, from Finland.

I had an old Nokia 6151 that was working just fine and I always liked the phone. Then I saw an ad for Lumia 800 and it was 100€ off. So I got one. So far, I'm liking this one quite a bit. I wish there were some additional settings for sound volume etc. but not bad.

idct

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site

Hi, I am Bartosz, from Poland, currently living in Malta.

Used Lumia 800, now Lumia 920, I have also Lumia 510 for software testing as I am a new Windows Phone developer. Already made some releases to the market - one quite successful: top in the business section of Polish Windows Store.

I am here to learn about trends between Windows Phone users, receive help and provide it whenever I am able to.

cckgz4

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site

Name is Chris. From St. Louis, MO. This will be my third time coming back to Windows Phone. I've owned the HD7, Lumia 900, now 822

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

Hey cckgz4, nice to see you at WPCentral - especially someone with a lot of WP experience. Feel free to take a look around and make yourself at home.

pmhgeneral

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site

Hi cckgz4 great to have you back with Windows Phone 822 Lumia it's a great phone I had it from day one and never had a problem.

lety26

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site

Hello. My name is Leticia and I just got my nokia 521 today, first WP and I'm in love with it. I'm from the US.

marknocturnal

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site

Hi I'm Marcos from San Juan, Puerto Rico. Got my first WP, a Lumia 920 (yellow), my previous was a Samsung Galaxy S2. I will miss some of the apps but I needed a clean break from Android.

KBEscalona

Feb 17, 2013
Visit site

Hi I'm Kenneth of Paranaque City, Philippines. Got a second hand Lumia 820 since my Galaxy Note was busted.. Nice to be back with Nokia and experience of WP8.

Pete fin

May 6, 2013
Visit site

Hi all,

My name is Pete from Finland suprisingly and i've been living in the city where Nokia's story started back in 1865 for a couple of decades now. I've allways been using Nokia excluding my very first mobile, PANASONIC EB-G350. Currently i'm happy little 620 user. Got a bunch of kids with two different women. Are about to move in together with the latter one, but first need to fully renovate an apartment i just purchased (i could post some before-after pics if anyones interested). Three rooms, kitchen and of course a SAUNA also. I'm currently driving a volvo 850 stw and a v12 BMW 850. I like shooting pool every now and then just for fun (Mika Immonen ring any bells?). If you're coming to Finland come see me. Maybe i'll buy you a beer. ;)

George Anglin

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site

I have yet to post here so here i go :eek:

My name is my account since i registered through FB when i had it so, yeh george. . .

I do like reading about tech stuff and i had a windows mobile phone back in 2008 so i like windows stuff :p

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolz1234