Introduce yourself!

HeavyHanded

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
Re: lets introduce ourselves...

Just got an HTC 8x this week. Loving it. Its very sturdy. It survived a 1/2 meter fall to concrete with just a minor scratch. I'll use this until I can get a nice deal on a 5 inch plus WP8 phone.

misstyrion

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site

Hi, new here.
I'm Kami, from Utah. Have a Lumia 920, first windows phone I've ever had, and for the most part I love it. Interests include Skiing, Shopping, Halo, Gears of War, most 1st person shooter games, movies, etc...
New to foruming:)

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Tapatalk

misstyrion

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site

Hi, new here.
I'm Kami, from Utah. Have a Lumia 920, first windows phone I've ever had, and for the most part I love it. Interests include Skiing, Shopping, Halo, Gears of War, most 1st person shooter games, movies, etc...
New to foruming:)

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Tapatalk

Vertego

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site

Good evening, all. Or, in appreciation that 90%+ here are in the USA, good morning/afternoon.

Having used various 'smartphones' over the years - Sony Ericsson M600i & P1i and more recently BlackBerry 9700 & 9900 Bolds (and a miscellany of other non-smartphones over the years beforehand), I don't yet qualify as a Windows Phone user. However, I am teetering on the edge of jumping in the next few days rather than sticking with BlackBerry - either Q10 or Z10.

So, here I am to say hello.

Age - 57

Location - UK - 10 miles or so from Basingstoke, North Hampshire

Employed as - Litigation Executive (at least until .gov.uk destroys my very existence)

Passion - cycling, road - especially up hill, and my camera (Canon EOS 7D) and the photographs I take for ME.

Pleased to meet you all.

Last edited:

enqueue

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site

Hi all,

this is yet another guy from Germany. I am a Java software developer producing enterprise applications you all love :angel:

WPCentral seems to be an active community of phone enthusiasts; I have already learned a lot by reading some of the posts, thanks everyone!

Just converted from iPhone 4S to Lumia 925. What a great phone! I am still struggling a bit with the contacts/calendar synchronization. Apart from that I find the OS is covering most of my requirements and is very easy to use. If you are bored, you can read some notes about my migration here.

Best regards!

BBerryPowerUser

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

Hey guys. I've rocked a Berry for about 10 years. Still love it. However, I got one of the super screaming deal Lumia 521.

After only 1 week... I absolutely love it.

I've used an Android as a backup for years. I tried an iPhone 4s for a few months. Just could not like it enough to say it's a great business AND a great personal phone.
I run a few companies in the Sports Production business and I travel a bit. I'm really impressed that the WP8 has such nice PEOPLE and BUSINESS hubs. Great integration. I love the live tiles, and the harmony the phone brings.

Want to REALLY test a communication machine? Have 34 people call you in 4 hours, post to LinkedIn three times, find a place for lunch, have your phone take you there, and make the reservation.... then find plane reservations, book them, get a rental car, handle 50 or so emails, and text a few people. If you can do this seamlessly and elegantly, you have a great smart phone.

When THAT kind of heat is on, the phone I always needed was my BlackBerry, because it just worked. iOS and Droid made me sweat under that kind of pressure.

The 521 performed admirably. Hold the LEFT BACK ARROW and voila! You have all your apps/screens still there ready to rock. People HUB humming along..... OFFICE hub giving me the details of a Venue I'm producing, and, NOTE and SCHEDULE reminding me of my obligations. I'm a believer! :)

Now, Give me NOBEX Auto Contact Capture, and an App as good as "BlackBerry Travel" that AUTOMATICALLY captures your travel arrangements via scanning emails and I'll be in heaven. I'd also like an easy way to TOUCH and HOLD a new number or person and have the option to add them to contacts. Can't figure that one out yet.

Net, net, glad to be a WP8 owner. It works for me.

akshaypn

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
Hi..I am Akshay from India...using Lumia 720 since last 3 months...been here on WPC since last ten crazy days with updates and all...l720 is my first smartphone if you don't count the Symbian ones and I absolutely love my phone and WP and W8.1too....off topic I want to change my username on WPC and so far just not finding anyways to do it..can anyone help me with this...thanks...cheers ...enjoy...

BBerryPowerUser

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

Hi..I am Akshay from India...using Lumia 720 since last 3 months...been here on WPC since last ten crazy days with updates and all...l720 is my first smartphone if you don't count the Symbian ones and I absolutely love my phone and WP and W8.1too....off topic I want to change my username on WPC and so far just not finding anyways to do it..can anyone help me with this...thanks...cheers ...enjoy...

Welcome to WPCentral. Sounds like you enjoy your phone as much as most of us do here at WPC. Not sure about your name change, but I am sure someone, perhaps a Mod, can help you.

Cheers!

Anonymous_India

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site

Well my names is "Anonymous_India"

I want to remain anonymous to the community(have my own reasons),well I am from India(as evident from the name!) and I am a CIVIL ENGINEER but now trying to get into the "STEEL FRAME" of india i.e CIVIL SERVICES.
Regarding WP,I have a Lumia 720(Black) and I am lovin'it because of many reasons---
1-Productivity,yes it helps me a lot in my studies,I use nextgenreader to read all sort of stuffs and that too in a cleaner way.
2-Games,yesterday got chance to download lots of games(all angry birds titles) so I am very happy
3-Camera,I never knew a camera can be so awesome,when I installed "IMAGINE CAM" and took a pic with a shutter speed of 4sec,I was amazed to see the brightness of the nightsky
4-Music,Thanks to NOKIA MUSIC i have some of the songs which i always wanted
5-Overall clutterless OS makes me feel unique when i am with my droid pals

I know WP8 has some issues due to which people make fun of it but its in its nascent stage,let it evolve and in some times to come you will have a full grown OS that will outshine others

Thelonelyhawk

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site

I'm a first time WP8 user. Tried Android and I absolutely hated it. I initially became interested in WP8 when the Lumia 810 & 822 were released. I loved the simplistic look to them. I tried the 822 for 2 weeks and I fell in love with it. I had to return it because I could not afford it. Since then I have purchased the 810 device even knowing that T-Mobile has it EOL. Though, gotta say I love this phone. I'm a music junkie and a technology enthusiast. I like being in the wilderness. My interests are music, psychology, environmental preservation and writing poetry. Let the Lumia's live on and hello to ALL!!!:cool:

untitled007

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site

hola, Im Ian, 620, love the phone, and the OS, but if they failed to upgrade all wp8 device with 8.1, im done with microsoft and nokia products, who are with me xD

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site

Hi there to the forum!
My first name is jim.
Been around for a very long time.

New windows phone person here.
Bought the T-Mobile Lumia 521 from Amazon three weeks ago.
Can't say enough good things about the phone and the deal
This Nokia is my first smartphone.
I want to upgrade already! :winktongue:

DuncanBishop

Nov 5, 2013
Visit site

Hello Guys..my real name is kenny,but since high school my friends call me kennyG..
I just love reading and writing about tech..cars,phones,tablets..I hit google plus every now and then.
I work for a major consumer electronics company...Life is good.
I just bought my first windows phone and now...I'm hooked! Coming from a SG4..to a basic N520.
I just love the little phone works so good..surprised me really.
Anywho..I'm here to learn what I can about the windows phone ecosystem and help other noobies like me :)

yogeshgamerz

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site

hey it's me Yogesh Sharma from India
i am a video game designer and 3d Modeler
i love my #Lumia520 alot & love photography too
hello to everyone

Be Lumia Be Different

WP_20131109_005.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics