Introduce yourself!

kyriacou48

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
Hi All,

I am Chris from Adelaide, South Australia from the land down under, Australia.

I saw a few people were worried about revealing some of the more personal info about themselves because of Google's "identity sniffing" but well, I'm not scared of Google for the most part ;)

I am 22, have a Bachelor of IT (Networking and Security), and i'm happily working in an IT Graduate position with the Uni I studied with.

I'll start with this: I love Windows Phone and the Windows ecosystem. I am by no means a ****** or anything; A quick look at my device graveyard and you'll see i've owned an android tablet and really appreciate the other ecosystems and platforms. iOS, while it isn't for me, is more than competent and I really admire what Jobs and Woz did for Apple. Tim Cook is no Jobs though - I don't see Apple the same way since Jobs' passing.

My spare time? I'm currently learning C# and whilst I have never pushed myself to learn advanced development, the time came a few months ago and I really want to become a programming guru over the next few years or however long it takes. With this, I hope to be developing Windows/Windows Phone apps in a year or two :)

I love video games, and have a real soft spot for mobile gaming too. Most of my gaming takes place on a mobile device, my Surface Pro, PS3/PS4 or PC. I play Soccer for a local club and live and breathe the sport, and support Fulham FC in the English Premier League - hopefully this introduction brings out some avid Soccer fans! I also love a lot of other sports and when i'm not working, playing sport or gaming, I really love sitting in front of my computer and brainstorming ideas, or just exploring new things to learn more about something. At the moment, i'm trying my best to learn Windows 8 and the changes between itself and Windows 7.

Music? I like Progressive House, Electro, Electronica, Trap, Some dubstep, and on the other side of the spectrum, I regularly listen to Alternative, Hip Hop, and Rock. I'd like to think I keep a fairly open mind with music and Nokia MixRadio helps that too (y)

One fun fact - I have been a member of WPCentral since 2011 - yet I have no idea why it's taken me so long to introduce myself formally. You may have seen me around the place and i've definitely seen a few of you guys too.

I am really passionate about Windows Phone, like many of you WPCentralers - it's a platform I felt at home with since 2011. I really want nothing more in the Technology industry than to see Windows Phone become the solid third spot as a Mobile Ecosystem, and I feel it's slowly happening but there's a lot of different changes that need to happen before they grow rapidly.

Anyway, nice to meet you all and i'm sure i'll see you around the forums!

EpicIncognitO

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
Hello to all the enthusiasts. I am Vid and a windows phone user since June 2013. Went to get a 520 but fell for a 720. Admire the phone and the company that built it. 🎃

Maonsie

Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
Hullo everyone! :D I'm Nicholas, 18, taking a leap-year after grade school cos I'm not sure what I want to do with life quite yet; but I'm just an uppity Brit living in the US for the most part. Want to go back home!

Been on the forums a while, but have been rather quiet. Might change with 8.1 coming out though.

First smartphone ever was the Samsung Focus on WP7 release. Fell in love with Windows Phones, and am now patiently waiting for a true 920 successor to come to AT&T - though it's a brilliant phone, I'm due for an upgrade. And I really do believe in the One-Microsoft idea, think it's brilliant. Have three different devices running Windows 8 as well an Xbox One, so I'm invested and I love it. Do a bit of game design in Project Spark, another genius little product.

Run a blog, talk about tech and gaming and cinema etc., it's great fun to write that and just normal fiction as well.

But that's just a bit about me, hope to talk to some of you guys, and jump into some more conversations soon! :D

kyriacou48

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
Hullo everyone! :D I'm Nicholas, 18, taking a leap-year after grade school cos I'm not sure what I want to do with life quite yet; but I'm just an uppity Brit living in the US for the most part. Want to go back home!

Been on the forums a while, but have been rather quiet. Might change with 8.1 coming out though.

First smartphone ever was the Samsung Focus on WP7 release. Fell in love with Windows Phones, and am now patiently waiting for a true 920 successor to come to AT&T - though it's a brilliant phone, I'm due for an upgrade. And I really do believe in the One-Microsoft idea, think it's brilliant. Have three different devices running Windows 8 as well an Xbox One, so I'm invested and I love it. Do a bit of game design in Project Spark, another genius little product.

Run a blog, talk about tech and gaming and cinema etc., it's great fun to write that and just normal fiction as well.

But that's just a bit about me, hope to talk to some of you guys, and jump into some more conversations soon! :D

​Nice to meet you Nicholas - hope to see you around the forums more often :)

Azurus

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
Understood...

Had a life changing downturn with my job in my late forties and somehow crawled back.
Words don't mean a whole lot, yet we must care in the best way we can.

oh I see ... So you've been there
I get what you're saying and I genuinely appreciate it

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
Hi All,

I am Chris from Adelaide, South Australia from the land down under, Australia.

I saw a few people were worried about revealing some of the more personal info about themselves because of Google's "identity sniffing" but well, I'm not scared of Google for the most part ;)

I am 22, have a Bachelor of IT (Networking and Security), and i'm happily working in an IT Graduate position with the Uni I studied with.

I'll start with this: I love Windows Phone and the Windows ecosystem. I am by no means a ****** or anything; A quick look at my device graveyard and you'll see i've owned an android tablet and really appreciate the other ecosystems and platforms. iOS, while it isn't for me, is more than competent and I really admire what Jobs and Woz did for Apple. Tim Cook is no Jobs though - I don't see Apple the same way since Jobs' passing.

My spare time? I'm currently learning C# and whilst I have never pushed myself to learn advanced development, the time came a few months ago and I really want to become a programming guru over the next few years or however long it takes. With this, I hope to be developing Windows/Windows Phone apps in a year or two :)

I love video games, and have a real soft spot for mobile gaming too. Most of my gaming takes place on a mobile device, my Surface Pro, PS3/PS4 or PC. I play Soccer for a local club and live and breathe the sport, and support Fulham FC in the English Premier League - hopefully this introduction brings out some avid Soccer fans! I also love a lot of other sports and when i'm not working, playing sport or gaming, I really love sitting in front of my computer and brainstorming ideas, or just exploring new things to learn more about something. At the moment, i'm trying my best to learn Windows 8 and the changes between itself and Windows 7.

Music? I like Progressive House, Electro, Electronica, Trap, Some dubstep, and on the other side of the spectrum, I regularly listen to Alternative, Hip Hop, and Rock. I'd like to think I keep a fairly open mind with music and Nokia MixRadio helps that too (y)

One fun fact - I have been a member of WPCentral since 2011 - yet I have no idea why it's taken me so long to introduce myself formally. You may have seen me around the place and i've definitely seen a few of you guys too.

I am really passionate about Windows Phone, like many of you WPCentralers - it's a platform I felt at home with since 2011. I really want nothing more in the Technology industry than to see Windows Phone become the solid third spot as a Mobile Ecosystem, and I feel it's slowly happening but there's a lot of different changes that need to happen before they grow rapidly.

Anyway, nice to meet you all and i'm sure i'll see you around the forums!

Welcome Chris! WPCentral is the best site for not just windows phone, but all things Microsoft too! :D

Sent from my iPad using WPCentral Forums

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site

Welcome Nicholas! I'm eagerly waiting a true 920 successor too, unless the 1020 successor comes sooner. :)

kyriacou48

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
Welcome Chris! WPCentral is the best site for not just windows phone, but all things Microsoft too! :D

Most definitely. I love the site, and the only places I go for WP and Windows news is here and Reddit.

Absolutely love the community here and I feel a lot of people are on the same page as me when it comes to technology and the like.

The dream is to become the Aussie ambassador for WPC one day - one can dream, right? :p

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
Most definitely. I love the site, and the only places I go for WP and Windows news is here and Reddit.

Absolutely love the community here and I feel a lot of people are on the same page as me when it comes to technology and the like.

The dream is to become the Aussie ambassador for WPC one day - one can dream, right? :p

That dream could become a reality, if you help a lot with our community and well liked. :)

AlwaysColtron

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
Hey all!

My name is Colton Lee Hensley. Been a member now for about 6 months. Joined shortly after I got my L928 (My first WP). Always been a bit faqn of MS but the phone got me to get a Surface and then join WCP. I'm an amateur Graphic Designer/Artist but work as an IT Professional. I love movies, comics and I'm a big foodie.

Message me if you wanna chat, I'm always up for a cool penpal!

PS, 8.1 Dev. Preview tomorrow!? Let it be true, I got the day off and would love to play with it all day!

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
Hey all!

My name is Colton Lee Hensley. Been a member now for about 6 months. Joined shortly after I got my L928 (My first WP). Always been a bit faqn of MS but the phone got me to get a Surface and then join WCP. I'm an amateur Graphic Designer/Artist but work as an IT Professional. I love movies, comics and I'm a big foodie.

Message me if you wanna chat, I'm always up for a cool penpal!

PS, 8.1 Dev. Preview tomorrow!? Let it be true, I got the day off and would love to play with it all day!

Welcome!

And I'm 99% the Dev preview will arrive tomorrow, Redmond time. So less than 2 hours until they become Monday. :)

moderntechno

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Hello all,
I'm new here.

For my 1st 920 birthday(1 month exactly), I got update WP 8.1 Preview Developer. Woohoo! Excited.
With my previous HH (green robot), took long time to update OS.

I'm Tom.
Live in Tangerang, Indonesia. I like to sing (Youtube singer), photography, and active on social media.

Nice to know you all.
Cheers,

Tom

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Hello all,
I'm new here.

For my 1st 920 birthday(1 month exactly), I got update WP 8.1 Preview Developer. Woohoo! Excited.

I'm Tom.
Live in Tangerang, Indonesia. I like to sing (Youtube singer), photography, and active on social media.

Nice to know you all.
Cheers,

Tom

Welcome Tom!
Looks like you are enjoying the good life.

Again welcome!

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
Hello all,
I'm new here.

I'm Tom.

Nice to know you all.
Cheers,

Tom

Welcome! I have a 920 with 8.1 too! :D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leviwilkersion