Introduce yourself!

chaduma

Jun 5, 2012
Visit site
Hello everyone. Long time fan and reader of the site, occasional commentator on articles, first time participating in the forums. I look forward to engaging in conversations and exchanging ideas with everyone.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I'm Alses
I've been a WP user since December 2010 when the first Windows Phone became available in Denmark. I bought it because Paul Thurrott was so psyched about it and because I am a compulsive contrarian. I?ve owned 6 and broken 3 Windows Phones. Currently I?m trying to build up my post count so I can edit one of my other posts.
Hej Alses! Where in DK are you from? I used to come to Roskilde from 2008 to 2011. Nice to see you on WPC.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Hello everyone. Long time fan and reader of the site, occasional commentator on articles, first time participating in the forums. I look forward to engaging in conversations and exchanging ideas with everyone.
Welcome to WPC. We are always looking forward to new members becoming active contributors to the site.

Alses

Jul 22, 2014
Visit site
Hej Alses! Where in DK are you from? I used to come to Roskilde from 2008 to 2011. Nice to see you on WPC.

@worldspy99, Aarhus the world's smallest large city. Been to Roskilde a couple of times myself, ’00 and ‘02. Where in the in the US of A might you be from?

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
@worldspy99, Aarhus the world's smallest large city. Been to Roskilde a couple of times myself, ’00 and ‘02. Where in the in the US of A might you be from?

Cool, Aarhus is in Jutland and the second largest city in DK - correct? I am in the Los Angeles area now. I used to be in Phoenix, Arizona before. Had a really good family friend who lived in Aarhus and then moved to K?benhavn and has since moved again. Did you go to Roskilde for the Music festival? I used to go for work. I have been to Jultand twice in 2008 at a small place called Bryrup near Skanderborg.

Alses

Jul 22, 2014
Visit site
Cool, Aarhus is in Jutland and the second largest city in DK - correct? I am in the Los Angeles area now. I used to be in Phoenix, Arizona before. Had a really good family friend who lived in Aarhus and then moved to K?benhavn and has since moved again. Did you go to Roskilde for the Music festival? I used to go for work. I have been to Jultand twice in 2008 at a small place called Bryrup near Skanderborg.
Yep, Aarhus is number two. Yes, when I wrote '00 and '02 I meant years I went to the festival :) I know Skanderborg, never been to Bryrup though.
Arizona to LA, that's pretty far. So are you some kind of journalist?

ferrumcampitor

Jun 5, 2014
Visit site
Hi, I am me. I am introducing myself not so much because I want to (I'm more of a lurker, only posting when I truly feel I have something to contribute.), but because this forum requires at least 10 posts before links/attachments can be posted (a perfectly understandable policy). And I'd like to make an entry into the weekly photo contest.

I have a Nokia Lumia 920. I love my phone for the most part. Although admittedly, if it weren't for the added functionality that Nokia provides via Nokia apps, I probably would not love the Windows Phone OS so much. Its getting better. MS has about three more months before I am ready for a phone upgrade to convince me I should get another Windows Phone instead of trying an Android.

So please excuse the conversation I'm about to have with myself so I can reach my minimum 10 posts to be able to post links and attachments. :)

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I am me. I am introducing myself not so much because I want to (I'm more of a lurker, only posting when I truly feel I have something to contribute.), but because this forum requires at least 10 posts before links/attachments can be posted (a perfectly understandable policy). And I'd like to make an entry into the weekly photo contest.

I have a Nokia Lumia 920. I love my phone for the most part. Although admittedly, if it weren't for the added functionality that Nokia provides via Nokia apps, I probably would not love the Windows Phone OS so much. Its getting better. MS has about three more months before I am ready for a phone upgrade to convince me I should get another Windows Phone instead of trying an Android.

So please excuse the conversation I'm about to have with myself so I can reach my minimum 10 posts to be able to post links and attachments. :)

Hey welcome to WPCentral forums :smile: You can also increase your post by posting/helping other users here in forums :wink:

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Welcome and visit our off topic lounge to bump up your post count. There are plenty of good threads that provide amusement from Three Word Story to Last letter of the word game, to THIS or THAT, etc.

AbstractKiller

Aug 20, 2014
Visit site
Hi all, I'm from South Yorkshire, UK. I've been a WP user for ~18 months - moving from my Nokia N8 to the Lumia 920. I'd done my research on WP and a friend already had a W7 device so I (thought that I) knew pretty much what to expect...

...but, I was completely wrong - and pleasantly surprised when I got the 920! A great device and an incredibly stable and fast OS - ~18 months in I think I've been forced to reset the phone about twice in that time. Impressive! Very fast, clean and lovely to use.

I'm a techno-geek, programmer and love music, movies, nature and photography. Keen interest in world-affairs and politics. Thirty-years young and doting father of a 3 1/2 year girl.

I've been a keen follower or WPCentral pretty much since I first got my 920 and find your updates highly useful.
(So, surprised at myself that it's taken until this evening to actually sign-up!!)

I'm hoping to learn more from the forums and, hopefully, be able to help out the growing masses of WP noobs - kudos to them for adopting the OS in spite of MS's appalling marketing attempts and the nay-sayers hatred of all things Windows (they'll open their eyes eventually).

A big hello to you all!

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Hi all, I'm from South Yorkshire, UK. I've been a WP user for ~18 months - moving from my Nokia N8 to the Lumia 920. I'd done my research on WP and a friend already had a W7 device so I (thought that I) knew pretty much what to expect...

...but, I was completely wrong - and pleasantly surprised when I got the 920! A great device and an incredibly stable and fast OS - ~18 months in I think I've been forced to reset the phone about twice in that time. Impressive! Very fast, clean and lovely to use.

I'm a techno-geek, programmer and love music, movies, nature and photography. Keen interest in world-affairs and politics. Thirty-years young and doting father of a 3 1/2 year girl.

I've been a keen follower or WPCentral pretty much since I first got my 920 and find your updates highly useful.
(So, surprised at myself that it's taken until this evening to actually sign-up!!)

I'm hoping to learn more from the forums and, hopefully, be able to help out the growing masses of WP noobs - kudos to them for adopting the OS in spite of MS's appalling marketing attempts and the nay-sayers hatred of all things Windows (they'll open their eyes eventually).

A big hello to you all!

Welcome to WPC! You will really enjoy the 920 and WP8.1 has come a long way from the early days of the Metro interface. I have a 4.5 year old girl who keeps me busy in the evenings as well.

reves

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Hi. I'm an Android refugee - and boy am I glad I found Windows Phone. The enjoyment in my handheld device is BACK!

This is a great, comprehensive site and I'm excited to be a member here.

Cheers from Australia.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janecruise