Introduce yourself!

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
I'm semi-retired and daily working part time for AZ Diamond ring Backs and ASU ticket office
hi, welcome to this forum site here you can find lots of things...
or
Welcome to WPC. I lived in AZ for 16+ years and then recently moved to CA about three years ago.

JeffWeber

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
Jeff Weber here.

Build games in my basement in my spare time. :)

Can't post links yet but my WinPhone games are Krashlander and Krashlander Free.

-Jeff

Raul Zuluaga

Oct 1, 2014
Visit site
Why I have to switch from Windows Phone to Android?
[September 30, 2014]

This year all my friends with Windows Phone (WP) had switched to Android. Why? The Apps. I continued with WP until now because the OS is very cool (particularly the 8.1 desktop) and because I love Nokia Phones. And the new 830 and 930 models look great.

But I will buy a new Fuji X30 Camera, I need the Wifi remote app for some shoots, I have no choice :(

Now, I will give a list of reasons my friends left WP because lack or applications, maybe somebody at Microsoft is listening and can revert this tendency.

1. Bank Applications (Bancolombia APP)
2. Giro D?Italia app from La gazzetta dello sport.
3. Stereopinic Concert app.
4. General Motors - Chevrolet navigation/location app.

Another annoying thing with Nokia phones in emerging markets is they don?t distribute all the accessories (headphones, wireless chargers, cases), so you have to buy them from another country make them expensive. I even met three months ago the commercial leader for Nokia here in Colombia, a group of people mentioned this, but nothing has changed since then.

I hope Microsoft starts investing hard on apps and identify that little temporal applications for just one week or month (sport events/concerts) and start to create mechanisms to get things done. They just can?t waste the 6?000.000 consumers in US and the 10% share market in some countries in Europe and in emerging markets.

Boris NevermorE

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
Well, I am a long time Windows user (desktop and mobile). My name as you can see is Boris, but many asked me what Nevermore stands for, well it's my all time favorite metal band (yes, it's not Metallica, nor Megadeth, nor Slayer, Testament, Nuclear Assault or any of the metal giants, altho all those are in my Top 10 metal bands).
Anyway, I come from a very old, small but gorgeous (in landscapes) country called Republic of Macedonia. It's on the south of Europe right between Serbia on north and Greece on south (please my Greek friends, leave the name issue out of here, this is not the place).
My Windows journey started with my first device that run on Windows Mobile 5.0. As a small kid i was showing interests towards electronics (i dissembled and re-assembled whatever i can find around home, radios, VCR's, TV's, etc. I was just 8 years old when i start that). That love just grew in my teenage years and it's still present today. No, i was not a geek who was locked home and fixing electronics. I had pretty much awesome youth with all the craziness, chasing girls, going on vacations and doing the craziest thing you can think of, etc.etc. Different life period, different craziness, everything changes but my love for computing gadgets remained the same till today. Like i said my first device was running WM5.0 and it was Samsung SGH-i607 Blackjack. When i bought that i was so happy having it. Later i upgrade to Samsung Omnia i900, we all remember that remarkable phone, right? Having that phone just got me more deep into Windows Mobile 6.x and seeing all those rom chefs and developers making apps and roms, made me wanting to start developing for the platform. I have tried to build some apps, but whatever i can think of at that time, it already had at least 2-3 apps, so i kinda start developing or cooking WM6.x.x ROMs. Boy, did i had fun making those ROMs :) I also helped in making of the last versions of the Resco Suite for WM6. Some of you might remember Resco Keyboard, Resco File Manager, Resco Photo Manager Pro, Resco Radio, etc. Those apps were on the top in their categories. Altho there were also great WM keyboards, and file and photo managers, but nothing even came close to the quality of Resco Keyboard, File Manager and Photo Manager Pro. I was so happy to be somehow involved in the creation of those apps, even as a beta tester, which is not an easy job, you have to see what developers couldn't and report it.
The love for my Samsung Omnia i900 remains till today, cuz i use it as my second daily driver. It has all the Resco Apps on it (latest versions), Also runing my own customized SPB Mobile Shell 3.5.5 (remember that?) and my own cooked WM 6.5.3 ROM with full MS Office Mobile 2010 and lots of other apps. I have replaced the screen few months ago after 4 years of usage and bought an original Omnia i900 battery. My Omnia i900 now runs as it was bought yesterday :)
However, as my primal device i have Samsung ATIV S i8750, running still on WP8 GDR3 and i am not planning to upgrade to WP8.1 DP as i am pretty happy with what i have and i don't mind waiting for Samsung to release their 8.1 firmware, whenever that will be. lol.
Between my friends i am known as the one who has crazy ideas all the time but also as a tech guy. Whenever they have problems with their smartphones (iphone, android or wp or any other kind) they come to me. "Boris can do magic", they say, ... so far so good, lol.
I had an Android experience once when i bought Sony Ericsson Arc S (now that was an awesome android device and i loved it), but i have used it as my daily driver for few months, then my baby cousin's high school graduation came and he didn't had smartphone as all of his friends had, so i packed the Arc S in the box, put screen protector and just gave him as a gift for his graduation. The look of his face when he opened and find out that it's his from now on, was priceless, suddenly he became from the only guy between his friends who didn't had smartphone, to a guy who had the best smartphone among them all, the feeling was awesome.
I love MS, Windows and especially Windows Phone OS, and i think that WP didn't yet had its last words, WP just begin to grab world wide attention. It's just matter of time when it will reclaim its throne in the smartphone world. I believe!

abelnorchis

Oct 3, 2014
Visit site
Hi, my name is Davide. 1st of all: sorry for my english. I'm an Italian man. I'm from Tourin (the home of FIAT CHRYSLER Company). I'm 41 and a bought 1 month ago a Lumia1320 Windows phone. My hope is to contribute helpfully to the forum as the forum can be useful for me.
Best wishes to all community.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Hi, my name is Davide. 1st of all: sorry for my english. I'm an Italian man. I'm from Tourin (the home of FIAT CHRYSLER Company). I'm 41 and a bought 1 month ago a Lumia1320 Windows phone. My hope is to contribute helpfully to the forum as the forum can be useful for me.

Welcome to WPC!

psoham777

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site

I am a 1320 user too. See you around. Go through the various threads to get started

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
So anyone here can play an instrument? God I hate you guys >_< ( just kidding ).
This is an interesting thread. gpobernardo from the Philippines. Classical pianist. Writer. Artist. Calligrapher. Chess enthusiast. Antique collector. Freelance photographer. PhD in Engineering (but I'd rather play chess the whole day!:devil:). Windows Phone enthusiast (since Windows Mobile 5.0).

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
This is an interesting thread. gpobernardo from the Philippines. Classical pianist. Writer. Artist. Calligrapher. Chess enthusiast. Antique collector. Freelance photographer. PhD in Engineering (but I'd rather play chess the whole day!:devil:). Windows Phone enthusiast (since Windows Mobile 5.0).

Welcome to WPC! There is a specific thread for Filipino WP users. Be sure to check it out as well.

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site

Hello Davide and welcome to the community. Hope you are enjoying your Lumia 1320 and also hope you have a great time as part of the forums.

Prannav Gupta

Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
Namaste!

This is Cdt. Prannav Gupta from India. Currently studying in 9th grade. Love microsoft and everything else about it. Currently stuck with a lagdroid but will get rid of it soon. I am currently learning c# and hope to develop some good apps for Windows. Looking forward to the forums :)
Edit: Got a Lumia 520!

Last edited:

Ankmeyester

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
Hi my name is Ankush and I live in Mumbai, India.
I've been with WP and WPC since my 610. I currently rock a 720 but have placed an ad to sell it in order to liquidate some cash and get the 730 asap.
I'm a 25 year old software engineer and work with data analytics and BI reporting.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12