Introduce yourself!

Boozifer

Sep 14, 2015
Visit site
LOLOLOL Boozifer. Great name and great avatar.

Check out our Developer Forums: (link)

Our Developer Program: (link)

And our Dev Rules: (link)

It's always great to see interest in Windows Phone from devs. Enjoy the board and thanks for all you do.

Thanks!

Checking out the links now.. that developer program looks mighty interesting!

Glad you liked the avatar! It's a picture of our Halloween pumpkin last year, carved by my 4-year old son (with a tiny bit of help from yours truly). :wink:

Boozifer

Sep 14, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for supporting our platform Boozifer! Haven't made it to Norway yet, been to DK and Sweden so far in Scandinavia.

I warmly recommend a visit to Norway - especially the western parts! Although, I must admit I'm a little biased in that regard... It is quite like Denmark and Sweden in many ways, only a little more expensive and a lot more beautiful. :excited:

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
Been reading the website anfd forums for a while now. Jumped on the WP bandwagon about three years ago with a Lumia 920 (which I still consider to be the most beautiful phone ever made - or the N9 or 900). About a year later, greatly seduced by windows phone 8(.1), I purchased a surface RT, a Lumia 1520 and a Dell XPS15.
Welcome to Windows Central, Willelmus!

Glad to have you with us!

rhapdog

Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
Right now I'm using a Lumia 640. Waiting to see what the rumored October devices from Microsoft will be. I may move to a flagship Windows handheld or a 640XL if that doesn't happen.

Nathan

640 is a nice phone. I'm sporting that one myself. Welcome, Nathan!

rhapdog

Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
Really looking forward to seeing the Windows 10 Phones and tablets and the toys and tools we get to play with on those. As Nathan pointed out, October could be a very interesting month!

Absolutely, Boozifer! Looking forward to seeing what you and yours bring to the table for games on the platform. These are indeed interesting times.

Welcome!

rageofthemike

Sep 30, 2015
Visit site
Good afternoon to all!

Greetings from somewhere in Asia. I have been a WP convert since December of 2014 (not that long I know) but it's been a good experience so far. Just made my account after lurking on here for so long!

PS I've only used low-end WPs (530 and then 435) but the experience is anything but low-end!

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Good afternoon to all!

Greetings from somewhere in Asia. I have been a WP convert since December of 2014 (not that long I know) but it's been a good experience so far. Just made my account after lurking on here for so long!

PS I've only used low-end WPs (530 and then 435) but the experience is anything but low-end!

Welcome, just like RumoredNow, I too joined the WP bandwagon using a Lumia 521. Since then I have sampled multiple devices on this platform but in the low to mid range devices no Android phone comes close to the fluidity of the WP OS and the Lumia 4XX to 7XX devices.

rhapdog

Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
Good afternoon to all!

Welcome! Glad you finally joined us!

It's an exciting time here, with new announcements coming tomorrow and all.

Kevin_Sears

Oct 12, 2015
Visit site
Hello everyone! Names Kevin, I've been using a Windows Phone since 2010 when the HTC Surround was first released, had it replaced 8 times(all HTC HW issues) then they moved me over to a HTC Titan which I had until I switched over to a Galaxy S3 to give Android a try, couldn't stand it and bought a Lumia 1020 out of contract which is still my current active phone! I've been lurking on Windows Central for a really long time, they got me into doing Developer Preview on my Windows Phone, PC and Xbox One! Now I can get enough and constantly talk about MS stuff to everyone haha! I even have a MS Lanyard for work, I am a supervisor at a call center providing tech support so my techy fits in well. I've have also used an iPhone but WP is still my favorite by far.

Boris NevermorE

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
Hello everyone! Names Kevin, I've been using a Windows Phone since 2010 when the HTC Surround was first released, had it replaced 8 times(all HTC HW issues) then they moved me over to a HTC Titan which I had until I switched over to a Galaxy S3 to give Android a try, couldn't stand it and bought a Lumia 1020 out of contract which is still my current active phone! I've been lurking on Windows Central for a really long time, they got me into doing Developer Preview on my Windows Phone, PC and Xbox One! Now I can get enough and constantly talk about MS stuff to everyone haha! I even have a MS Lanyard for work, I am a supervisor at a call center providing tech support so my techy fits in well. I've have also used an iPhone but WP is still my favorite by far.

Welcome aboard Kevin :)
1020 is iconic phone, I bought it and I loved it to the bits. But i had it for 6 months. My younger 1st cousin got high school graduated and she is a passionate amateur photographer, so I got myself the beautiful Samsung ATIV S i8750 (as you see, still my daily driver) and give the Lumia 1020 to my cousin as a high school graduation present. It took her just day and a half to figure it out (the WP) because she was previously an iPhone user. She still have that phone for 2 years now and don't even think to replace it. :)

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Welcome to the forums Kevin. Nice introduction. The Lumia 1020 is still one of the best cameraphones out there!

atlantisbRe

Jul 24, 2015
Visit site
Hi all. Im Stefan , WP user from Bosnia. Have my L520 for year and a half. Can be happy with price/performance of phone and that interests me more about wp and i found this forum. I hope we will have great communications here. Sorry if my english is bad because it is not my native.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
Hi all. Im Stefan , WP user from Bosnia. Have my L520 for year and a half. Can be happy with price/performance of phone and that interests me more about wp and i found this forum. I hope we will have great communications here. Sorry if my english is bad because it is not my native.

Konacno da naletim na tebe :d

Welcome to our forums, hope you'll have the best of experience.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Welcome to the forums Stefan! Nice avatar picture:)

yaakov_avraham

Oct 3, 2015
Visit site
Hello guys.
My name is Jacob. Am 22 from India.
Been an avid Windows Phone fan ever since I bumped into my Lumia 520 tucked away in the top of the shelf far away from a potential customer's gaze by the CellPhone showroom sales team.
I literally had to bug them to take it down and SELL it to me.
Well, since then I have never looked back. Been there through 8.1. Watched our lil ecosystem grow. Proud and headstrong over the potential it has today.
:)
And am glad I found a global family to belong to in Windows Central. We may be few but we are strong.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Hello guys.
My name is Jacob. Am 22 from India.
Been an avid Windows Phone fan ever since I bumped into my Lumia 520 tucked away in the top of the shelf far away from a potential customer's gaze by the CellPhone showroom sales team.
I literally had to bug them to take it down and SELL it to me.
Well, since then I have never looked back. Been there through 8.1. Watched our lil ecosystem grow. Proud and headstrong over the potential it has today.
:)
And am glad I found a global family to belong to in Windows Central. We may be few but we are strong.
Hi Jacob and welcome to WindowsCentral. I'm glad you've joined our community.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss