Introduce yourself!

ferretzombie

Nov 7, 2015
Visit site
Hello, my name is Shane, and I live in Washington state. My Samsung Note 3 is dying and I decided to try Windows Phone after being with android for the past 6 years. I love the Surface line and have had a SP3 and SP4, and they have been pushing me into the Microsoft ecosystem, so I thought I might as well go all out and get a Lumia 950xl. I'm also a bit interested in developing Unviersal Apps since i know some C#.

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
Welcome, Shane! If you ever decide to go all out one more time, I can always use a 950XL also. ;)

Developing Universal Windows Apps is something that I believe will pay off down the road, once Windows 10 has gotten full traction. Now is the time to get in, because eventually the market will be flooded and you'll want to be ahead of that. At least that's my bold prediction. For an eventual market of over 1 billion, it's going to attract developers for sure.

Crystal Findeisen

Nov 9, 2015
Visit site
I'm an Engineering Liaison at an aircraft maintenance facility. I'll be 29 years old on the 17th and this is my second Windows Phone; I currently use a Microsoft Lumia 735 and had a Nokia Lumia Icon before I dropped it on the concrete while coloring with chalk with my daughter. I like having everything I need, and most things I want instead of too many things I don't need on my phone. #nevergoingbacktoandroid ;)

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Welcome Crystal. Sorry about the dropped Icon. That moment when it is still in the air falling... I know that moment. Yikes x infinity.

Glad you are still rocking Windows Phone and looking forward.

Good luck with the little Picasso.

:cool:

Fire 29

Nov 27, 2014
Visit site
I'm not new here but it's been so many months since I was on Windows Central Forums.
Still use my 620 and I'll be upgrading to the Lumia 640 in less than a month. But there are some things of which I'm not so sure of,so can anyone help me?

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
Welcome Crystal! Chalk drawing with a daughter is a lot of fun. I do it with both of my daughters, ages 3 and 5.

Welcome back, Fire 29! Lumia 640 is a nice phone. I've got mine running build 10581 of Windows 10 Mobile on the Insider program. Loving it.

There's a whole forum for the 640. Jump in and ask your questions, and we'll do what we can to help.

Fire 29

Nov 27, 2014
Visit site
Welcome back, Fire 29! Lumia 640 is a nice phone. I've got mine running build 10581 of Windows 10 Mobile on the Insider program. Loving it.

There's a whole forum for the 640. Jump in and ask your questions, and we'll do what we can to help.

Thanks.😊 I'll post a topic there,asap.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Hello, my name is Shane, and I live in Washington state. My Samsung Note 3 is dying and I decided to try Windows Phone after being with android for the past 6 years. I love the Surface line and have had a SP3 and SP4, and they have been pushing me into the Microsoft ecosystem, so I thought I might as well go all out and get a Lumia 950xl. I'm also a bit interested in developing Unviersal Apps since i know some C#.

Welcome to WindowsCentral Forums Shane. Please post a picture once you get the Lumia 950XL.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
I'm an Engineering Liaison at an aircraft maintenance facility. I'll be 29 years old on the 17th and this is my second Windows Phone; I currently use a Microsoft Lumia 735 and had a Nokia Lumia Icon before I dropped it on the concrete while coloring with chalk with my daughter. I like having everything I need, and most things I want instead of too many things I don't need on my phone. #nevergoingbacktoandroid ;)

Welcome Crystal. The Icon is a great device, too bad your's didn't survive the crash. The 735 is a pretty nifty phone as well. I had one for a few weeks earlier this year.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
I'm not new here but it's been so many months since I was on Windows Central Forums.
Still use my 620 and I'll be upgrading to the Lumia 640 in less than a month. But there are some things of which I'm not so sure of,so can anyone help me?

Welcome (back)?! Both rhapdog and I have a Lumia 640 so "Fire" away your questions at us.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Hey Fire 29.. Thanks for the greetings. Hope you get sorted out.

There pretty much is a place for everything around here. Also, Ask a Question works for time critical stuff.

Best of luck.

Inkashu

Nov 13, 2015
Visit site
Hello

I'm Catalin, I'm from Romania, Bucharest, I'm soon to be 22, got a very intelligent and goodlooking girlfriend. I'm quite poor, but used to be a rich *** kid so I have a lot of expensive **** left over. I'm enrolled at a master's degree in Crisis Management andddd I love smartphones, i don't really hate IOS or Android, i really like them, i just like windows more.

My first smartphone (Despite being a rich *** kid I profoundly disliked wasting money, didn't consider needing one) was in 2013, the HTC 8s. Still have it, gave it to my father a couple of days ago. He has some difficulties with it, but he'll manage. A friend sold me his lumia 925 a almost a year ago, maybe more, my htc 8s was getting old, and i wanted something faster, plus be made me a good deal and heck.. it's the most beautiful phone i have ever seen.

I had to choose between lumia 830 and lumia 925 and 640. The 830 was newer and probably better, but was 115 euros and from a stranger without warranty. The lumia 925 was 90 euros and from a friend with warranty. So.. yeah, don't really know why i skipped on the 640 like that but hey, this 925 looks divine.

I was impressed by the helpful community here. Yes.. unexpected.

I love my lumia 925 but the battery sucks.. really.. does.. suck. Anyway can't wait for the official windows 10 release and maybe i'll manage and upgrade to the 950 or 950xl version, because.. Continuum.

Fire 29

Nov 27, 2014
Visit site
Hello

I'm Catalin, I'm from Romania, Bucharest, I'm soon to be 22, got a very intelligent and goodlooking girlfriend. I'm quite poor, but used to be a rich *** kid so I have a lot of expensive **** left over. I'm enrolled at a master's degree in Crisis Management andddd I love smartphones, i don't really hate IOS or Android, i really like them, i just like windows more.

My first smartphone (Despite being a rich *** kid I profoundly disliked wasting money, didn't consider needing one) was in 2013, the HTC 8s. Still have it, gave it to my father a couple of days ago. He has some difficulties with it, but he'll manage. A friend sold me his lumia 925 a almost a year ago, maybe more, my htc 8s was getting old, and i wanted something faster, plus be made me a good deal and heck.. it's the most beautiful phone i have ever seen.

I had to choose between lumia 830 and lumia 925 and 640. The 830 was newer and probably better, but was 115 euros and from a stranger without warranty. The lumia 925 was 90 euros and from a friend with warranty. So.. yeah, don't really know why i skipped on the 640 like that but hey, this 925 looks divine.

I was impressed by the helpful community here. Yes.. unexpected.

I love my lumia 925 but the battery sucks.. really.. does.. suck. Anyway can't wait for the official windows 10 release and maybe i'll manage and upgrade to the 950 or 950xl version, because.. Continuum.

Nice intro,Catalin. Welcome to Windows Central Forums.

I'm gonna buy the 640 soon.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)