Reintroduction

john_v

Oct 15, 2006
www.vinniesphotos.blogspot.com
I've actually been registered here from way back when the site was WMExperts. Had a few wmob devices back in the day. I've bounced around to all the SPE (now Mobile Nations) sites, and am actually registered on all of them. The only platform I haven't used is WP7...I looked at it when it came out, and I didn't hate it, it just didn't grab me. I was really in love with my blackberry at the time. Currently I'm on android and US Cellular and becoming more and more intrigued by WP7 since the Mango update. What really interests me is the windows ecosystem...I've got a Win 7 Pro laptop with Office 2010, and I'm all about the Cloud, so if WP7 can make my life even easier and my mobile experience even better, I'm all for it.
Since I'm nowhere near an upgrade and don't have extra cash, I'm currently looking on craigslist for someone who wants to do a trade, their HTC 7 Pro for one of my 2 android devices; being that uscc only has one WP7, and it hasn't sold well, its making it all that much more diffcult.
But I'm looking forward to experiencing WP7.5...I've been lurking here this week, reading & absorbing. I've even run across a few old friends from our days at TreoCentral!

Sent from my HTC Merge

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
...I've even run across a few old friends from our days at TreoCentral!

Sent from my HTC Merge

Sure have!
049.gif

john_v

Oct 15, 2006
Ok, I guess time for a re-reintroduction. I've finally moved to WP7.5, and must say that I'm really liking it. I purchased an HTC Radar on Craigslist (brand new in box) and I'm running it on Simple Mobile prepaid ($50/mo unlimited everything, including 4G). Hopefully I can save enough to find an unlocked WP8 in four or five months.

It feels weird to be a noob :D I haven't been one of those in a long while. But I'm having fun exploring a new OS and I love how my laptop/mobile experience is now seamless. I've finally said goodbye to my long-time business partner BlackBerry (sniff, you served me well) and on top of that have finally gotten Google out of my life (well as much as a person can these days). Someone asked me about that the other day- why not Android? I've tried it, used several different phones (even the GS3) but it's just not for me. (Plus I just no longer trust Google)
BlackBerry did what I needed out of a smartphone, and did it well. But the reboots, and battery pulls, well, lets just say that this Windows Phone is doing everything I need and doing it better. All the extra apps and fun stuff is just gravy :p

So glad to finally be on board with Windows Phone...as McDonald's used to say, "I'm lovin' it!" :lol:

john_v

Oct 15, 2006
And I'm back again...sporting a Lumia 920!
This is a really nice phone, and I'm coming from a Galaxy Note 2. It was a good phone, but the size got to be a little too much after a while. The 4.5" screen on the Lumia seems to be perfect.
The apps seem to have increased significantly since my go-round with WP7.5...scrolling through the market place there seemed to be all the name brand apps I need.
Honestly I'm starting to fall in like with the whole Metro/WP8/W8 UI. I love the fresh clean look that everything has. I have to say, its one of the things that pulled me back, and the Outlook.com app on Android had a lot to do with that.
So I'm sure I'll be posting more around here...love this tapatalk app!

Sent from my Lumia 920 using Tapatalk

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Nice to see you around these parts! If you have any questions you're in the right place to ask them.

pmhgeneral

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
Welcome back, do hope you stay with the OS for a while. A lot of things have changed and their always new updates coming out.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Welcome back... And it's always good to see someone who knows how to search for those zombie threads and resurrect them.

:straight:

john_v

Oct 15, 2006
Nice, which device do you prefer - 635 or 925?

They both have their own pros and cons. Overall, I think I prefered the 635, mainly due to how it held in the hand, and the memory card. The 925 is no slouch though.

But I'm actually trading with a friend on CrackBerry, someone I've done a lot of trades with, sending the 635, 925, and a kindle for a 1520. I've actually got the 1520 right now, it's quite a beast!! I kinda like it though...using it as a secondary wifi device alongside my G3 this week, to see for sure if I'm going to make it my daily driver.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans