possible new windows phone user

twincamfxd

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Hi, looking to pick up some knowledge on the windows operating system. I'm a long time android guy looking to possibly try out a Nokia lumia 920. I've been reading up on this phone all week, and it looks awesome. I'm looking forward to learning more about this phone, and would love to hear from you folks who have made the switch already. Plusses? Minuses? Thanks,

Matt

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to WPC.

The only real minus for me would be that some of the big-gun apps that Apple/Android have aren't available for WP. Instagram is one, which I'm almost positive, that will not be the case in WP8.

12Danny123

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
Thanks, as long as there's a g+ app I'm good. Lol

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
there will be .no doubt about that.

Hope you join wp8 mate :)

Also I heard google is making a g+ app. Maybe launches at wp8 launch. But right now. You can try an unofficial app called google plus viewer

Last edited:

twincamfxd

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Cool, with the popularity of that site growing I figured it wouldn't be an issue. Right now it looks good for me getting a new Nokia when it drops. I love the wireless features, the headphones look like they will be amazing. The ball really is in Verizon's court now. Hopefully they pick the 920 up, and the rumors are true, but I may switch carriers anyway. I have not been this excited about a phone in quite some time. I guess I'm just due for a change. I love android, but even through all the custom Roms and tweaking, I guess I got to a point where I just want something new.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

BellaRed

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
I too am going to be new to Windows phone (Lumia 820).

Currently I have a Blackberry and a HTC One X. Themes are available for both but I do not use them, I just move my icons around to suit and only use a clock widget on the X.

What drew me to wp8 is that gorgeous start screen, it just seems to be more up my street and I can see me customising it for hours! It is different to anything else out there and I like that about it.

Looking forward to learning more about wp8 and exploring my new phone when it comes.

twincamfxd

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I am looking forward to seeing one in a store so I can try it out. That will be the real deciding factor.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99