Dutchpiet

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
Hi, I have Nokia 800, since January, and it has been a good phone,
and the updates have improved it, but no flash player means no BBC I Player here in UK,
will new 920/820 have a app for BBC I Player? And other tv watch again channels?,
for myself this would a deal breaker, as I phone/ Android phones will have dedicated app,
the best app is Tune in radio it is brilliant, and app store is getting better,
but I expect to have to go to I phone/ Android phone, as windows phone will be left out again, a shame as it is a good system. [I asume US and Canada have the same problem
with no flash player].

BellaRed

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
Actually the BBC iplayer neve had an actual app for android, it was a web link. Last week the BBC put out a BBC media player (non flash) for android. It works great. What you do is go to iplayer online and select a show to watch and the media player will automatically open to play it. Subtitles and all if you want.

Flash is soon not going to be available on android I believe.

Hopefully this will come to WP8 too but I seem to remember reading something about the BBC not making an app for wp8 but maybe this media player will come.?

Dutchpiet

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
Actually the BBC iplayer neve had an actual app for android, it was a web link. Last week the BBC put out a BBC media player (non flash) for android. It works great. What you do is go to iplayer online and select a show to watch and the media player will automatically open to play it. Subtitles and all if you want.

Flash is soon not going to be available on android I believe.

Hopefully this will come to WP8 too but I seem to remember reading something about the BBC not making an app for wp8 but maybe this media player will come.?
Thanks for you reply Bella Red, yes BBC media player is there and works with Android
ICS & Jelly bean, without flash player, lets hope Microsoft & Nokia can encourage BBC to
provide media player for windows phone 8 soon, or make their own media player?,
Nokia & Firefox did with flash player for N9.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon