...that's gonna be me. I'm a pretty standard Swedish guy, currently studying media relations and PR, where i focus on campaigns and social media.

I'm thinking about switching from Android to WP8, and more specifically the Nokia Lumia 920. The only thing I'm a little worried about is how the app development is playing out. And that's the main reason to why I'm here on this forum. So maybe I can get some clarifications on how good the "everyday-apps" (like Facebook, twitter, e-mails, spotify and so on) are? How good/frequent updates are? And if apps "trending" on Android or IOS is taking a long time to get to WP?

Yeah, that's some of the things i would like to know and i hope i will find out. Don't hesitate to tell me about the app situations for WP. Thanks // Joakim Lindgren
    09-24-2012 10:41 AM
    The question is somewhat subjective because the interface is so different that its not always easy to compare. I find personally that I prefer the WP interfaces overall, but that the apps are sometime inferior (in that they lack the same abilities as their Android and iOS counterparts). They are more than adequate for most uses. I think Facebook is fine now (they just upgraded a month ago). LinkedIn probably lacking a bit. I dont tweet, so cannot comment there. Spotify/Slacker/etc seem to be exactly the same to me as on other platforms.

Generally, I think you will be giving up something on the apps side during the transition. HOWEVER, I strongly feel that over the next few months, major apps will be upgrading for WP8 and that the new apps will be up to par, if not better on WP8.

I too will be buying (at full price) the 920 if/when it becomes available on Verizon. Best Screen+Best Camera+WP8 is for me a sell.
    09-24-2012 12:05 PM
    Okey, that's good to hear, especially that the facebook app recently got updated.
    Since i got the feeling before that developers create apps for WP but then don't follow up on them and care for them and the users needs and feedback. But that doesn't seem to be the case now right... :happy:

I also am a strong believer that WP8 will bring a giant wave of new apps.
    09-24-2012 01:33 PM
    The Facebook app is awful. The official Twitter app is actually quite good. Most of the third party twitter apps are pretty good, nothing as good as Plume yet, but it's getting close. The Spotify app is great looking and works very well.
    09-24-2012 01:42 PM
    Hey!
    Welcome to WPCentral...

I have used a WP7 in the past and am currently holding a Flagship phone the company has forgotten already, the Moto RaZr.
    Anyways, to be very very honest, I had the same reservations when I joined this place, the app store.

But over time I had come to learn that the number of apps don't matter but quality matters. Some apps needed a little bit of working when I had WP, but overall, it was one smooth ride...

WP is the future and right now jumping the boat will earn great rewards.

Hope that helped...

Sent from my XT910 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2
    09-24-2012 01:52 PM
    Welcome man to wpcentral. for the app updating. The apps will update frequently. and since Wp8 supports Native Code. a lot of apps will very likely be released at the same time as their IOS and Android counterparts also since Wp8 is using the NT kernel. apps from Windows 8 wll come to Wp8 and apps from Wp8 will come to Windows 8
    09-24-2012 02:07 PM
    That sounds great. Really great! :) and I really hope it will come a wave of new fresh cool apps to WP8, since I basically now have decided to buy a Lumia 920 when it finally lands in Sweden in the beginning of November(i think). Now i just have to decide what color to get... :/ :D
    09-26-2012 01:12 PM
    Most of the big time apps are there and are good. I'd imagine they will improve further as WP8 comes along - and it apparently doesn't take too much effort to convert a Windows 8/RT app into a WP8 app, so the adoption of Windows 8 and RT tablets will probably have quite a bit of spillover into WP8.

The FB app isn't bad. It largely depends on what you use it for. Quite a bit of my FB interaction actually happens through the People Hub and the Me Hub. The main thing I use the FB app for is to retrieve private msgs from FB and to catch notifications that don't involve direct posts. Most everything I handle through the What's New stream in People Hub.

I've found using Windows Phone that how I use my phone has changed dramatically. It's not appcentric, so so much sharing and contacting is done through the core of the OS. The simplicity of sharing a photo, for instance, to Skydrive, Flickr, Facebook, Twitter, email, text, etc all from one place is pretty astonishing when you use it. And there are multiple ways of doing things.

The only major problem with Windows Phone is that once you use it, you're spoiled. I can't stand having to use my brother's Android or a friend's iPhone. They feel very clunky when it comes to function now.
    09-26-2012 08:03 PM
    Hello friends
    welcome to this forum site
    here you can find a lot of thing
    here i can tell you about my news website
    where you can find all the current updates
    thanks

dainik bhasker
    09-27-2012 01:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD