It must be love

UKCracker

Oct 18, 2012
Visit site
Hi everyone :) I've been lurking for a couple of days, prior to receiving my Nokia Lumia 800, which I have now fully sorted. I have to say I'm completely impressed with this device, and with Windows Phone 7. I hope you don't mind, but rather than duplicate my post again, I will put my review of the phone here. I know there are more appropriate forums that I will use should I have any questions etc, but in order to get to know me, I'd like to offer my first impressions, as someone who has used both Blackberry and Andriod.

Just taken delivery and fully sorted out my brand new Nokia Lumia 800.... All I can say with my mouth is covered in drool.

Microsoft has always been a great software company. What they've sucked at is hardware. Nokia have always (AFAIK) been a good name in the hardware area, cameras, etc. All the things that we now look for in a mobile phone.

I first saw the Lumia 800 a year ago. Lumia means light of course, and this phone is very very bright. It literally caught my eye.

Now it's become available on a network that's affordable to me, an unemployed person in need of an organised lifestyle.

It's secret is it looks like a business machine.......but as a gamer....OMG!!!!

The games are not quite up to the standard of the current console market, but from what I've seen, pretty damn close. This phone probably won't run the latest GTA, but it currently has racing and shooting games that put it on a par with GTA III and Hitman's Sniper Challenge freebie (OK, there's a few bugs in that one that need ironing out, but what do you want for free?) All of it connected to my Xbox account so I can earn the achievements and wear the badges with pride like the sad thing I am.

On the negative side, I can see Microsoft are creating a 'walled garden' but if it does what it says on the tin, produce an experience this smooth, then wall me in

All in all, I can see this phone, and possibly it's grandchildren, being with me for years to come.

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
On the negative side, I can see Microsoft are creating a 'walled garden' but if it does what it says on the tin, produce an experience this smooth, then wall me in

Happy to hear you like your Lumia 800 too!

A few of the more consumer oriented "tech" sites have been commenting on WP's 'walled garden' this past year. Many of them are flat out wrong though. You might be interested in this post on the subject.

Welcome to the community!

Luminatic

May 5, 2012
Visit site
Welcome, welcome!
I, too, love my Lumia 800. Coming from a short visit to the android world and suffering from a slight fruit allergy, I have never looked back. The phone I had before, I wanted to throw it out of windows or at walls / to the floor several times. Never had that feeling with my Lumia. Plus WP is so uncomplicated.

Have fun with WP and in here!

UKCracker

Oct 18, 2012
Visit site
Welcome, welcome!
I, too, love my Lumia 800. Coming from a short visit to the android world and suffering from a slight fruit allergy, I have never looked back. The phone I had before, I wanted to throw it out of windows or at walls / to the floor several times. Never had that feeling with my Lumia. Plus WP is so uncomplicated.

Have fun with WP and in here!
Oh yes, you are speaking my language!!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss