New user here

Squachy

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Hello, Im new :)

Not so much a new WP user but a new poster. Been keeping up to date on WP news with this site (best WP site) forever.

Been with WP pretty much from the beginning (the xbox promo made me take the plunge lol. activate WP7 device, get a free xbox360) And i dont regret it.
well i sorta did, i chose an Optimus 7 which was fine until about a year and a half in and it started going all reboot/fail boot on me. Worst time to fail too, since i was a couple months out of the warranty period. It started working maybe a day or two after it did that...but then the cycle start over again after maybe a week...started working, then didnt then worked then didnt.... I couldnt deal with its spontaneous sucking (it appeared to be an LG problem from my research) so i did what any rage induced person would do when things dont go their way: I hulk smashed that *******. (even a short lived backup LG feature phone my sister lent me set me in a rage). Turned me off LG products forever. Made me think i should have gone with the HTC Surround that Telus was also carrying at the time (which also ended up being the more popular of the two...)
I was hoping it would survive long enough for the WP8 stuff to arrive but alas, it fell short by a couple months.

Anyways, i didnt want to give up on WP yet so i felt if i was gonna stick with WP and not go iphone or android, i better go with the best of the WP manufacturers, Nokia. so now Im currently using an unlocked Tmobile Lumia 710 on the Telus mobility network (wasnt sure if it was even going to work, with 2 different Lumia variants existing, but the box said which network bands were supported and everything matched) So yep, still sticking with the WP ecosystem. Too familiar with it and all the games and apps i paid for dont want them to go to waste. Hoping to get a Lumia 920 some day.

thats my WP story, cheers :)

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Hi and welcome to wpcentral! :)

Perhaps Nokia or some other OEM will eventually release a Hulk green phone for you. :D Just kidding.

Good luck with your 710! Check out the contest on the wpcentral News page. Maybe you'll be the lucky winner of a new 920. :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett