Will be a WP8 owner!

davide445

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Hi to all, it's some time I'm reading these really interesting forum and website.

Since one month ago I was just searching for a replacement for the old old mobile of my new wife. Searching for her first smartphone I was considering something easy, not too big, nice to see, with all the useful social such as Facebook and Whatsapp, and with a future as development.

Need to say iOS was the first to be under scrutiny but either used terminals are incredibly expensive. I have had no trouble to pay top price for my high-end SmartTV last year, but paying more than $300 for a mobile that you use every day and maybe you need to change in a couple of years...its not my policy.
Android was the second one, but in my judgment a bit too technical and not so nice to see.
I also loved Nokia (all my mobile till now are Nokia) so started considering his terminals, but Symbian its almost EOL and so I come to WP.
I also use BB for my work, but waiting for BB10 I don't think can be the right choice for my or her everyday mobile.

I have heard about WP since Nokia strategic decision, but was clear to me that WP7 was far from a mature, optimized and extensible. The WP8 announcement come at the right time and changed all my perception. Finally a stylish, modern, easy to use OS.

So I pre-ordered one of the new HTC handset, and I hope will receive it soon enough for her birthday. I will be not the direct owner, but since I'm sure the most tech-sawy in the couple I will be involved in her learning :). And I will also be able to evaluate the system for my own next and probably more advanced mobile.

PS apologize for my English, as I'm sure you will immediately recognize, its not my first language!

Last edited:

aubreyq

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
Welcome to WPCentral, David! I guess it was the HTC 8X that you ordered? In what color?

Also, which country are you in?

davide445

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to WPCentral, David! I guess it was the HTC 8X that you ordered? In what color?

Also, which country are you in?
Thanks aubreyq!
I ordered a HTC 8S, 8X its beautiful but a bit too expensive for my budget, and also after my tests I think a display more than 4" its too big for my wife small hands :).
I'm from Italy, north Suedtirol near Austria.

aubreyq

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
Thanks aubreyq!
I ordered a HTC 8S, 8X its beautiful but a bit too expensive for my budget, and also after my tests I think a display more than 4" its too big for my wife small hands :).
I'm from Italy, north Suedtirol near Austria.
Ah, the 8S! That is a nice phone. I think the design of the 8S is better than the 8X, but the 8X has higher specs, of course.

Enjoy the 8S!!

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to the forums and the WP platform.

The 8S is a nice device and I'm sure she'll love the device and how easy and accessible everything is.

davide445

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
In fact...I know it's really short time since my triumphant announce...I'm reconsidering my position....

Checking new apps stability and issues with low spec wp7 make me wonder about the usability not only of this small beautiful but limited phone, but also about the apps quality.

I have posted a post about that on general wp8 discussion but its disappeared...may I ask informations to administrators?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720