I'm about to switch from iOS to WP8 for the 1st time. Can't decide which device on Verizon

laity78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I wanna make the switch from iOS to WP8 & I'm really excited about it. I currently have the i4s. I really wanted the Lumia 920 but I'm not gonna leave Verizon. Any suggestions on weather I should go with the Lumia 822 or the HTC 8x??? Price point doesn't matter

Last edited:

laity78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I would like to hear your thoughts an pros & cons of each device. Or should I wait for the ATIV or a possible version of the 920 (if that would even happen)

Last edited:

laity78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Let me ask u this, I like the specs of the 822 but I didn't get a hands on yet. In the videos I seen it looks a little cheap & plasticky. How does it feel in the hands? Does it feel solid?

doomtuba

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
If I were on Verizon I would get the 8X. The only Nokia exclusive I use is drive and that is coming to other WP8 phones in the future. I just can't use a low rez screen on a phone anymore.

blehblehbleh

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
I'd say wait to see what the Samsung Odyssey is. The rumor thread on here claims it's a fairly high end device. You might enjoy what it has to offer.

laity78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I might just wait & c what the Odyssey is packing. Hopefully it's soon, getting pretty bored with the i4s lol. An 3G is driving me crazy anymore, not to mention the 3.5" display

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I hate to chime into the thread since I am neither a Verizon customer nor own an 822..

However, I went to best buy yesterday and i played with both the 8x and 822......My intention was to get the 8x however after realizing that the Nokia was more well-built, I was going to get the 822. It didn't feel cheap to me at all....Unfortunately best buy was out of 822, so i went to wal-mart and got myself an 810 with t-mobile.

It is amazing phone and i love the fact it allows SD cards and you can easily connect to your comptuer and simply copy the files over...the HTC 8X does not allow memory cards I believe.....
It's a good phone and i'd recommend the 822 to you.

pavlovscow

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
I'll be honest, I raged on boards about the horrible lineup Verizon was putting out. I liked the specs and look of the HTC but having a Thunderbolt and a Touch previous they both had weak battery life. Check out the 8x board and you will see tons of people complaining about the battery. I wanted the 920 and like you thought the 822 looked like crap. I had convinced myself to wait for the Samsung Odyssey.

I went to the store and it totally changed my mind. The 822 phone is solidly built. The buttons are in the perfect spots. I can do everything easily with one hand. There are several exclusive apps (which unless Nokia is offering a service with them, I think its crap) I use: ESPN Fantasy Football, Nokia Drive, Nokia Music, Words with Friends, etc.

I got the black, because I like the matte. I did find it a bit slipper than I liked. I bought the Otter box and unfortunately it removes all the styling. Rather than a Ferrari it is now a HipHop Hummer. Still like it as I have no fear of dropping it.

The screen res is a non-issue for me. Again, I complained about this, the HTC is a better screen. You can see the difference but its less of an issue in day to day use. The camera is also a bit slower than I like.

The best part was I got Best Buy to honor Wal-Mart's $0.00 price. Pretty sweet deal.

If you have to have the best, wait for the Samsung or the Lumia to get on Verizon. If you are willing to sacrifice a couple high end features for a great phone, get the Lumia 822. I couldn't be happier.

Isror

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Thanks everybody for the input, u have all been a lot of help

If you are a Best Buy reward zone silver member you have 60 days to return your purchase. Kind of a nice way to try out some devices and really see what you want to get into. Myself personally, I WAS all pre-ordered for the 8x and decided to give the 822 a go. I've canceled the 8X pre-order and kept the 822. A far superior device for my needs.

dogfish54

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
I have been reading the reviews on Verizon Wireless and am really surprised how people love the 822. If you can get it for $0, even better.

StillCrazy

Jan 28, 2006
Visit site
I have and so far really like the 822 plus I wanted to have a replaceable battery and stuck a 64 gig card card in it. No complaints thus far.

laity78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I decided to go with the HTC 8x, got a good deal online with Wal-Mart. $149.99 plus $100 Wal-Mart Gift Card. Ordered it online but didnt get it yet. Impatiently waiting lol

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
I decided to go with the HTC 8x, got a good deal online with Wal-Mart. $149.99 plus $100 Wal-Mart Gift Card. Ordered it online but didnt get it yet. Impatiently waiting lol

If Verizon would have had an 8X in stock when I got my 822 I might have gotten that instead. It feels much better in the hand than the 822. With that said I'm not disappointed in the 822 at all. The only complaint I have is that it is very slippery.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3