Hey I'm Kerry and I'm New to the WPCentral Forums

kerryprsp

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
Hey I'm Kerry and I'm new to the WPCentral Forums. I was enamored with Windows Phone since the first time I heard about it in mid 2010. I almost immediately started scouring the internet for all information I could find and I started visiting numerous Windows Phone based sites until I discovered WPCentral and started going to this site exclusively for all of my Windows Phone news. In May of this year I finally got the HTC Arrive on Sprint and while I hate Sprint's attitude towards Windows Phone the HTC Arrive was a huge upgrade from my Motorola Droid. I'm a bit shy so it took me a while to work up the courage to make an account on the WPCentral forums but now that I have I hope that I can make a lot of friends that share my interest in Windows Phone.

Connie Litrenta

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
Hey I'm Kerry and I'm new to the WPCentral Forums. I was enamored with Windows Phone since the first time I heard about it in mid 2010. I almost immediately started scouring the internet for all information I could find and I started visiting numerous Windows Phone based sites until I discovered WPCentral and started going to this site exclusively for all of my Windows Phone news. In May of this year I finally got the HTC Arrive on Sprint and while I hate Sprint's attitude towards Windows Phone the HTC Arrive was a huge upgrade from my Motorola Droid. I'm a bit shy so it took me a while to work up the courage to make an account on the WPCentral forums but now that I have I hope that I can make a lot of friends that share my interest in Windows Phone.

Welcome! I think you'll find that all carriers acted like Sprint did - that is until the new Windows Phone 8's started coming out. I have AT&T and the Windows Phones are now up alongside the big boys in the displays and the reps say plenty of good things about them now. I too was watching all the Windows news but I also knew that WP8 was coming out soon and that it would be much better than the previous versions since Windows 7 could not support the better hardware coming out. Shortly after the Lumia 920 came out, I was there getting one (I had previously owned iOS, Blackberry and Android phones) and I haven't looked back since. It is by far the best phone I have ever owned both from a hardware standpoint and the WP8 software. That is not to say that there is not room for improvement as there always is but this is just such a wonderul experience that I will NEVER go back to any of the others. WP8/Windows 8 are now for me what iPhone and Mac are for others, except I find this far less boring and way more fun to play with. The apps will come in time. For now, I have all I need in that area and since I'm not particularly into games (other than Words with Friends), it is all good. There is a lot of good information here so sit back and enjoy. :cool:

WPenvy

Jun 5, 2012
Visit site

Welcome home

kerryprsp

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
Welcome! I think you'll find that all carriers acted like Sprint did - that is until the new Windows Phone 8's started coming out. I have AT&T and the Windows Phones are now up alongside the big boys in the displays and the reps say plenty of good things about them now. I too was watching all the Windows news but I also knew that WP8 was coming out soon and that it would be much better than the previous versions since Windows 7 could not support the better hardware coming out. Shortly after the Lumia 920 came out, I was there getting one (I had previously owned iOS, Blackberry and Android phones) and I haven't looked back since. It is by far the best phone I have ever owned both from a hardware standpoint and the WP8 software. That is not to say that there is not room for improvement as there always is but this is just such a wonderul experience that I will NEVER go back to any of the others. WP8/Windows 8 are now for me what iPhone and Mac are for others, except I find this far less boring and way more fun to play with. The apps will come in time. For now, I have all I need in that area and since I'm not particularly into games (other than Words with Friends), it is all good. There is a lot of good information here so sit back and enjoy. :cool:
Thanks. I'm happy to hear that WP8 is getting the respect it deserves. I heard that Sprint will start carrying WP8 devices next year. Hopefully, they'll come around to.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss