Android to WP8

Edward_g

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
Long time Android fan switched to WP 8. I'm now using Nokia 822. I've had it for almost a month. One thing I've learned is that if you make the switch don't turn around and try to make a Droid out of it. If you want Android just stick with that. If you want a new smartphone experience consider this new platform. I have become very comfortable with my WP8 Nokia.
I recently went back to Verizon and put an Otterbox around it. I'm looking forward to getting the wireless charging pad soon. I'm liking the Nokia Nav. I signed up for Verizon nav just to compare. I think I'll be fine with Nokia. I have t admit google nav is nice though but not a deal breaker. There are a few things in the Droid world that I miss but I'm going to stick with this and see what happens. I even went Google free by switching to Live.com.
I thought about another Android like the DNA but it was old news. Maybe bigger and faster but pretty much the same as my rooted thunderbolt.
I was ready to try something new.

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
welcome.gif
(Sorry WeeBear! Just had to nab it!)

Yeah, I agree with you about the don't try and make the WP a droid. I have a HTC Flyer (Android HC), and honestly if I tried to Androidify my WP it just wouldn't be a WP anymore. Sure, they can improve, but I definitely prefer the WP to Android, as it slots into my ecosystem easier.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo