Haven't really done this, so here goes..

Saint Michael

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
Hey folks, my name is Mads, I'm a Norwegian 23y old (don't look it due to Colombian mothers side).
I very much enjoy this community, as I am basicly intrested in all Things Microsoft and Nokian(making up words?). Have posted a couple of posts already, but only now got around to post a short intro on here.

I started my WP experience when the rumours of the lumia 920 was starting to take shape, I had never really had a smart Device before, just switched Phones when the old one broke kinda deal. and the only Smartphones I saw around me was Iphones (which I for some reason found "gay"), and Android(which I found ugly, and I genererly dont trust Google, so it didnt speak to me). nither of the two platforms spoke to my social needs. I'm not app-centric, or game focues at all, I'm People focused, and I love photography.

So the 920 (wasnt the known name in the summer times, it was reffered to by some code name) really sparked my intrest in upgrading, which got me to look into Windows phone, some "ben the pc guy" youtube videos later - I couldnt take the wait no more. So I bought the Lumia 900 =)

When the 920 came out, I of course finaly upgraded, and it was everything I expected, except the soft daylight Pictures. And being unable to wait for stuff (us Europeans needed to wait untill feb to get the firmwear update as everyone knows). I bought the Symbian 808 Pureview to compansate.

So I carry 2 Phones, the 920 for youtube, News, games and social networking. and the 808 for taking Pictures, listening to Music, making Calls, and general media content (like Movies and series, predownloaded from a computer).

Hope I have anything to offer the community, if not - atleast I learn stuff ;)

Cheers

Sam Sabri

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
Welcome to the forums! Sounds like you'll be carrying one phone in a few months when supposedly the tech of both the Lumia 920 and 808 get combined!

Saint Michael

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
Firmly believe they can't pull what the 808 does with a Windows Phone. With Symbian they had total control, and I think I had a thread on here where we discussed whether or not WP 8 OS supported "true" pureview in the way of the massive sensor and over sampling algorithms, and for the most part, the idea was that WP 8 OS only supported 20-21mp camera at the max due to it's chipset requirements. But of course, I don't know, a custom gpu might make up for most of the work, even if the dual snapdragon s4 chip don't support the 41mp sensor.. After all, my 808 has a single core CPU, but the gpu makes the galleri app smooth as jazz (and Symbian ain't all that smooth :p)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss