Today is the day for me!

wmgreenjr

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
Hello all! My phone should arrive today - I opted for the Nokia 820 because it is a little smaller than the 920 and I wanted MicroSD capabilities - thought about waiting for the other new Nokias coming out but could not wait any longer :)

I am coming from a WebOS Veer so the size will still probably take some getting used to lol (I wish HP didn't pooch WebOS but oh well). I love the W8 interface and have been waiting impatiently to get a W8 phone.

I have spent the last few days hardcore lurking in here to see what issues I will have starting out. Looks like I will have some battery issues to overcome and will need to be wary of any phone drops (my Veer has handled quite a few drops with no case or screen protector and still looks/works perfectly but looks like I will need to be a little more careful now). Also looks like some push notifications will have periodic issues.

I am in this for the long haul as long as Microsoft does not irk me like some of the other big names. I am surprised by myself that I am going from a more open platform to a more closed platform but I really do love this interface.

Hoping Opera browser will be released on W8 - but other than that it seems I will be ok with most apps (I am not a big phone gamer - would like a good chess platform but that is it for games really lol).

I'm excited and hope to be of a little help here. I lurk more than anything but if I can help on something I will. Honestly, in the long run, I would like to learn how to create apps. I am learning web development now (only know html5 and css3 - not much scripting yet). Not to really make money, but to create little niche things that I would want. Hopefully I will be able to get to that point but it will be much time if I do.

WavingReds

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
Congrats!!! Welcome to the club!!!

Although I wouldn't worry too much about the "problems" you've read on here, you may not even have any of them at all like myself and many others!!!

pmhgeneral

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
Welcome aboard ⚓ wmgreenjr to WPcentral and good luck with that 820 it's a great phone I have the 822 and love it never had any problems.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett