New from South Carolina, US

dwurl

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
Hi everyone... Just upgraded from an old LG optimus (android) on sprint to an HTC 8x on Verizon. So far so good, 3 days in. The phone is beautiful and the apps are good. I hope to get a surface pro in a few months...laptop is w7 and a few years old.
One thing I haven't figured out yet regards contacts/people... I only have about 150 people that I would actually call. These are my google contacts and all I want in a phonebook. Adding Facebook increases this to about 700 people and is unacceptable. Therefore the people app/tile has gone underutilized so far. Any suggestions on this front?

Glad to he part of the community! Cheers! (as you UKers say)

Narse77

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
You can filter out the Facebook contacts from showing in the people hub. You do this by tapping the three dots in the lower right hand corner of the screen in the people hub. Select Filter my contact list and uncheck facebook. What I have found more useful than this however is to set up groups and use those instead of the main contact list.

stmav

Retired Moderator
Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
Welcome and glad you are enjoying your 8x. Narse hit in on the head about filtering the contacts. Like you, I only want the people I call in my contacts. Filtering out Facebook has worked great.

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to WPCentral! To add to what the others have said about hiding the facebook contacts, after they are hidden you can still use the search button in the people hub to find a facebook contact.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos