Thank you Windows Phone !

Status
Not open for further replies.

SanLi94

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys!

Tomorrow I'm leaving Windows Phone. Yes, I feel sad, but on the other hand I'm very happy for what's coming for me.

At the beginning of 2013 I received my first WP device, the Lumia 800 from my younger brother. I wasn't excited, cause' the phone
had circulated around my family from each member all the way to me, because nobody liked the operating system it had baked in... The WP7.

About two years ago, we all had Nokia phones, but now the trust was crumbling. Whole family of mine had moved to Android mobile ecosystem.
Nokia, and WP have had some very hard time to find demand on the market after the huge downfall not so long ago, even tho' they are on rise little by little again. I can find many reasons for why people actually dislike WP.

After I got to use the Lumia for 3 months until this very moment, I can tell you that the operating system really isn't that good at all. It needs to be revamped, reworked,
more support from developers is needed, and Microsoft should never abandon users anymore like they did with the WP8. I can tell you that one time is forgivable, but second time will not.
Even tho' it was a whole kernel and base level revamp for the OS you should never do that for customers, if you respect them even the tiniest little bit.

For what's good, I think the system has its own positive sides, like the ultimate fluidity and stability. It looks nice, and the system behind the Xbox Live and all that integration is rather awesome.
I love how the OS is designed as users in mind, and it's always easy to find what you need to. Some apps are really neat too!

Still, for example the Skype integration is pathetic and some other apps too, that should in my opinion run well on any self respecting operation system. Some of them are missing totally!

Now tomorrow, I will get my Samsung Galaxy Note 2 android phone, and I have high hopes for it. What I really hope from the Windows Phone ecosystem though, is that it should evolve. It will need to evolve, or soon enough it will be outpaced by yet more competitors.

In my opinion, they should import a powerful multitasking system, for users to know what app takes which resources and so on. Switching between running tasks should be fast and easy and they should not be put on halt or terminated on the background. Also there should be a notification center, which would aggregate all the missed notifications to one such place like swiping to the left from tile screen for you to see everything that you have missed from one single place. There are also many other things that should be improved in general.

I would love to come back to WP one day, when it will grow more mature and feature rich. At least it has got some wonderful people behind it, and all you guys here really keep things floating!

Also Nokia and Microsoft should change their policy about the updates, and really tell users for them to know what's coming next to their phones beforehand. I think it shouldn't be a secret that when the next big update for WP should arrive.

I have this little hope and belief in me that Microsoft and Nokia might just get it right and make the OS worthwhile for more users, and that they will get a chance to gain more market share.

This is my little farewell... :)

Thanks for the wonderful 3 months of Windows Phone and WP-Central ! I've been here, but I'm moving on now! I really hope that one day I will come back !

Thanks people! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs