Former Android Fan making the switch

HustlinDaily

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

Been using Android for the past few years (switched from WinMo in '09) and do like the OS (despite the downfalls) but hate the way manufacturers go about supporting it (leaving it up to the dev community who only has some of the required drivers to update it).

Had a Moto Atrix which was promised an update a year prior to the update getting scrapped and my contract is now up. Did want an Android device but did not want to go through the same process again one year down the road (especially since all the newer ones on AT&T have locked bootloaders, some pretty difficult to unlock).

Did not really want an iPhone as I have an iPad (which I do like) so I already have access to the great app library and it seems redundant.

Was waiting for the HTC One but recently met up with my cousin who had a Lumia 920. Was playing around with it and it seemed great. Had the customization factor, the smoothness factor (it was way faster than my phone and felt similar to my iPad, possibly better), Microsoft Office (which is a major plus), seemed to have all the apps I need (except YouTube but the site is fine I guess), the look of the phone/screen is also amazing.

So I decided to get one. Found a deal on the Microsoft Store online for the 920 free on contract so ordered it in Cyan as that one looked cool. It did take a day (awaiting inventory, high demand which is great for the OS/manufacturer) but finally shipped and should be here tomorrow. Just gonna browse around here to learn more about cool things I can do.

Quick question: Are there any flash browsers similar to Skyfire capable of streaming sports sites like Firstrowsports or ATDHE? I can live without it but would be cool to have.

abel920

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to the family.
And mind you, our apps ALWAYS go on sale, even for free. And if you're looking for the best YT app, get MetroTube - although I don't use it because I don't need it lol. I love the WPcentral app, and the Wiztiles, and Skinnery!

WavingReds

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
Congrats and welcome to the family

Remember, we are here to mend and defend, defend our new fond friends, to defend them from their enemies!

If you have any questions or help let us know and I don't know answer for your current question sorry D=

jlynnm350z

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
A word of caution, It will take several days up to a week to go through detox to get that poison out of your system. Eat lots of soup and cuddle up and watch some cartoons. And welcome my friend.

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Welcome, we have cookies... Emphasis on we. You gotta go to the store and get your own.

Too expensive to mail them out to every one.

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to the Windows Phone family! I really hope you will like your NL920. It may take some time to get used to, but once you do, you will love it. On WP, we have pretty much all apps (if we don't, we sometimes have an equivalent/3rd party version), and it is growing too. For more information on switching from Android to Windows Phone, I suggest you read these.
http://www.windowsphone.com/en-US/how-to/wp8/start/moving-from-android-or-iphone-to-windows-phone
http://www.windowsphone.com/en-US/how-to/wp8/start/moving-from-android-to-windows-phone

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo