Hi Everyone,

Greetings from the UK. Like most people I've been doing some research over all the forums over the past few weeks trying to decide what phone to go for. I've had apple, Google, Symbian, Web OS, Blackberry, Windows Phone and Windows Mobile back in the day before windows phone was around.

Finally committed to a black Lumia 920 after having read a lot of the threads from this forum. Can honestly say i don't regret the decision at all esp with the Lumia 925 about to enter the market. The build quality is amazing, the OS is slick and app wise i have to say i've pretty much found everything i was after. All the advice on visual tweaks and performance tips have really helped. I've actually been able to create a home screen exactly like i've always wanted it to look like. My only regret is if i'd read the forum earlier i would have had it a lot sooner. The reviews online and in the magazines dont always give a clear view of a handset. I like GSMarena for the technical stuff like audio output etc but thats about it. The user reviews are always more important.

Battery to be decided as i've only had it a couple of hours but its safe to say its been through a lot today and still hanging in there. Next step is to do away with the cables and get a qi charger.

Keep those tips coming as they help a great deal. Hopefully i'll be able to add a few of my own as well in the future. .Never been able to emulate anything like this on an iphone or my google phones. With the exception of itunes for my music i'm now planning on giving windows 8 a run as well. The office 365 integration is actually pretty slick from what i've encountered so far.

Thanks peeps!! I've attached a pic of my new homescreen*

wp_ss_20130515_0001.png
    Laura Knotek and BIGPADDY like this.
    05-15-2013 01:37 PM
    welcome to the club! =)
    05-15-2013 01:54 PM
    Hi and welcome to WPCentral.

You've already done a great job customizing your screen.
    Mits5139 likes this.
    05-15-2013 01:58 PM
    Howdy!
    05-15-2013 02:01 PM
    Welcome to the forum, it great to another UK windows phone user join!
    05-15-2013 02:06 PM
    Welcome aboard ⚓ great to have you with us at WP central.
    05-15-2013 05:24 PM