I am due for an upgrade on my Verizon line in about a month, and I'm starting to get bored with my 4S. I like iOS, I still love my iPad, I'm just bored with the phone. Prior to the 4S, I had used a Droid, before that I had a Nokia E71x (Symbian), a Samsung Epix (Windows Mobile), an original iPhone and going way back, a Treo 650. So I like trying different operating systems. Having used Android before, I am really not interested in diving back in, I never used a blackberry and don't plan on trying one now, and I still have a soft spot for Nokia because I LOVED the E71x hardware. Now that the 928 has been released on Verizon, I can't help but be a little bit drawn to it. I played with one in the Microsoft Store the other day and it was a lot of fun, but will the novelty wear off for me?

Here's my go-to list of apps/functions that I use pretty much daily:

-Email
    -Text
    -Wordpress
    -Photos/light photo editing
    -ewallet/similar app
    -checkbook balancing app/banking app
    -Facebook/Twitter
    -Pandora
    -News apps
    -RSS
    -casual gaming (right now I've been playing more tower-defense type games but I am not a huge gamer)

I wiped my 4S about a month ago to try to fix some battery issues, and since then it's been pretty stripped down. Those are most of the apps that made their way back on, and I think all of them or equivalents are on Windows Phone. So the real question is, will be I be happy on Windows Phone? Can I make it 2 years with a Lumia 928 on contract?

Just curious what other people's experiences are!
    05-21-2013 10:06 AM
    I am due for an upgrade on my Verizon line in about a month, and I'm starting to get bored with my 4S. I like iOS, I still love my iPad, I'm just bored with the phone. Prior to the 4S, I had used a Droid, before that I had a Nokia E71x (Symbian), a Samsung Epix (Windows Mobile), an original iPhone and going way back, a Treo 650. So I like trying different operating systems. Having used Android before, I am really not interested in diving back in, I never used a blackberry and don't plan on trying one now, and I still have a soft spot for Nokia because I LOVED the E71x hardware. Now that the 928 has been released on Verizon, I can't help but be a little bit drawn to it. I played with one in the Microsoft Store the other day and it was a lot of fun, but will the novelty wear off for me?

Here's my go-to list of apps/functions that I use pretty much daily:

-Email
    -Text
    -Wordpress
    -Photos/light photo editing
    -ewallet/similar app
    -checkbook balancing app/banking app
    -Facebook/Twitter
    -Pandora
    -News apps
    -RSS
    -casual gaming (right now I've been playing more tower-defense type games but I am not a huge gamer)

I wiped my 4S about a month ago to try to fix some battery issues, and since then it's been pretty stripped down. Those are most of the apps that made their way back on, and I think all of them or equivalents are on Windows Phone. So the real question is, will be I be happy on Windows Phone? Can I make it 2 years with a Lumia 928 on contract?

Just curious what other people's experiences are!

Like you, I have tried most all of the various systems over the past 10 years or so. I had the Trophy, the Focus and how have the Nokia 822. Just ordered the 928 and can't wait for it to arrive.

Your are right about the app list above. Most if not all are available on WP8 and most run and look better than the IOS or Android versions.

I think that what you will find using the 928 or any WP8 phone is how responsive it is. Want to do something; pick up the phone and it's intuitive how to do it and it does it smoothly.

I think that you will be happy and not get bored having the 928 for two years. Why? Just look at what the phone can do after only 6 months or so on the market and just think what the next two years of software and firmware improvements will bring.

Dive in, the waters just fine.
    HaibaneReki likes this.
    05-21-2013 10:42 AM
    I took the plunge and bought a 928! Ordered it on the phone because I had to get permission for an earlier upgrade (my upgrade was up June 14, but I needed a new phone sooner so I had to call into customer service). They said it should ship within the next two days...keep diving for my phone when the email chime hits, hoping it's my notification!
    willied likes this.
    05-22-2013 09:13 AM