The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
    I realized I never got around creating an introduction thread on this forum.

Am 24, from India work as a full time accountant in a private firm. Have my own forum about a different niche but wp also keeps me involved.

I have a very long history with phones and OS'es, had been using mobile phones since I was in college, those days Nokia was the leader and Ngage, 9500 used to rule the market. Have used multiple OS'es and Manufacturers. I feel comfortable after my jump from Android to WP8. Have been using a White Lumia 720 since 20th April, replaced once due to a gap in the casing.

I also do lame photoshop stuff for fun and will be sharing some wallpapers and advising people wherever I can.

I find the member BIGPADDY quite irritating because he uses an avatar which I don't like at all but makes me laugh! (LOL). I know he'll be posting in this thread in some time.

Feel free to contact me anytime for help.

P.S. - Some of the usernames I see here, drive me crazy!
    Laura Knotek and stmav like this.
    05-28-2013 05:22 AM
    I realized I never got around creating an introduction thread on this forum.

Am 24, from India work as a full time accountant in a private firm. Have my own forum about a different niche but wp also keeps me involved.

I have a very long history with phones and OS'es, had been using mobile phones since I was in college, those days Nokia was the leader and Ngage, 9500 used to rule the market. Have used multiple OS'es and Manufacturers. I feel comfortable after my jump from Android to WP8. Have been using a White Lumia 720 since 20th April, replaced once due to a gap in the casing.

I also do [S]lame[/S] photoshop stuff for fun and will be sharing some wallpapers and advising people wherever I can.

I find the member BIGPADDY quite irritating because he uses an avatar which I don't like at all but makes me laugh! (LOL). I know he'll be posting in this thread in some time.

Feel free to contact me anytime for help.

P.S. - Some of the usernames I see here, drive me crazy!
    Well, normally, if you're a really well-known person, making an introduction thread is generally frowned upon. (I haven't had one, so...)

Also, [S]I also find BIGPADDY's avatar quite irritating[/S] I lied.

Also, if you're going to advise people ([S]I recall seeing you with 140+ posts in the past couple of days[/S] I just like finding excuses to use the strikethrough tool, but what I said is true.), you might want to be an ambassador while you're at it. (Though, do this only if you're sure that you have [S]a ton of free time[/S] motivation.)

[S]Also, why is the strikethough tool so fun to use?[/S] It is.
    Last edited by WanderingTraveler; 05-28-2013 at 06:48 AM. Reason: I edited montsa007's post for him :3
    05-28-2013 05:54 AM
    Hey montsa - your photoshop stuff isn't lame, don't think it is! I would usually welcome you and encourage you to make yourself at home but well I guess you already did that, eh? *storms off*
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    05-28-2013 06:25 AM
    Hey montsa - your photoshop stuff isn't lame, don't think it is! I would usually welcome you and encourage you to make yourself at home but well I guess you already did that, eh? *storms off*
    Now, now. [S]Be a good kitten and stay. Make yourself at home.[/S] Oops, looks like you already are :3

Also, how does montsa007 pull off [S]140[/S]160 (according to the dev console in Google Chrome) posts in one day? Isn't s/he supposed to be at work or something?
    05-28-2013 06:52 AM
    Well, normally, if you're a really well-known person, making an introduction thread is generally frowned upon. (I haven't had one, so...)

Also, [S]I also find BIGPADDY's avatar quite irritating[/S] I lied.

Also, if you're going to advise people ([S]I recall seeing you with 140+ posts in the past couple of days[/S] I just like finding excuses to use the strikethrough tool, but what I said is true.), you might want to be an ambassador while you're at it. (Though, do this only if you're sure that you have [S]a ton of free time[/S] motivation.)

[S]Also, why is the strikethough tool so fun to use?[/S] It is.
    Who/What is an ambassador? & how exactly does he/she add value to the forum compared to a non-ambassador?
    I am (and was) an admin at my forum (& past forums), and am absolutely chilled, I keep having fun with every user & they enjoy this style.
    The best example is the lame but practical examples I give to make them understand something they won't without those examples.

Seriously, the last time I tried photoshop, I scared everyone. Everytime I watch a tutorial video, I forget how to do it when practising.
    I can only do simple stuff, and not some crazy artwork :p

Now, now. [S]Be a good kitten and stay. Make yourself at home.[/S] Oops, looks like you already are :3

Also, how does montsa007 pull off [S]140[/S]160 (according to the dev console in Google Chrome) posts in one day? Isn't s/he supposed to be at work or something?
    I was at work, but currently it isn't the pressure period. It'll start by the mid-end of June and last uptil end of September. Besides there was nothing good to do at the office for the past 3 days, I thought I should do some wp8 affair and teach people how to make their lives awesome on wp8 :). An accountant's job is like an ATM, you're sitting free unless someone puts an ATM Card and demands output.
    05-28-2013 11:49 AM
    montsa007, I happen to like your wallpapers a lot. That's nice work you're doing in Photoshop. It's awesome that you're sharing your talents with the community here.
    montsa007 likes this.
    05-28-2013 04:19 PM
    Who/What is an ambassador? & how exactly does he/she add value to the forum compared to a non-ambassador?
    I am (and was) an admin at my forum (& past forums), and am absolutely chilled, I keep having fun with every user & they enjoy this style.
    The best example is the lame but practical examples I give to make them understand something they won't without those examples.
    http://forums.windowscentral.com/wpc...rs-needed.html
    This might be of use. Have fun :3
    05-28-2013 06:57 PM
    Time for your first orange poster to come in. Welcome aboard to Windows Phone Central anyway. Although perhaps welcome is the wrong term to use since you've already made yourself at home
    montsa007 likes this.
    05-28-2013 07:33 PM
    montsa007, I happen to like your wallpapers a lot. That's nice work you're doing in Photoshop. It's awesome that you're sharing your talents with the community here.
    :'( I am not the creator of "most" of the wallpapers, I only created the ones with plain text on backgrounds.
    Altough I am admired locally for having a very good choice/assortment of wallpapers in my phone.

If you need a custom made, hit me up.

I just read that thread and sent a PM to the admin.

Time for your first orange poster to come in. Welcome aboard to Windows Phone Central anyway. Although perhaps welcome is the wrong term to use since you've already made yourself at home
    Lol, but your orange on white kills my eyes.
    05-28-2013 11:46 PM
    Lol, but your orange on white kills my eyes.
    Muahahahahahahaha! Bow before me!

Only kidding mate, I just went with the orange font because my name is in orange text (because I'm a mod)
    05-29-2013 04:34 AM
    But honestly, a light color on a light background is really pain to read.
    I see your name in orange and a cyan badge for moderator :s, hmm you should have used cyan instead.
    05-29-2013 04:46 AM
    You know what's really hard to read? White on white. Checkmate.
    Last edited by WanderingTraveler; 05-29-2013 at 05:14 AM. Reason: Yes, I did type something. Look harder :3
    05-29-2013 05:13 AM
    You know what's really hard to read? White on white. Checkmate.
    What are you, a magician or something LOL?
    Luckily I am blessed with the same powers as you are in this forum.
    05-29-2013 05:19 AM
    What are you, a magician or something LOL?
    Luckily I am blessed with the same powers as you are in this forum.
    At least my powers are put to better use than yours! Also, Alice Blue isn't exactly unreadable. I, for one, am blessed with a crappy laptop that turns blue into black if I look at it off-angle.
    Last edited by WanderingTraveler; 05-29-2013 at 05:29 AM. Reason: I went to the next level :3
    05-29-2013 05:27 AM
    But honestly, a light color on a light background is really pain to read.
    I see your name in orange and a cyan badge for moderator :s, hmm you should have used cyan instead.
    the cyan badge was originally pink (to fit with our logo) but it got changed. However the colours were decided before the badges were put into effect. Way before then.
    WanderingTraveler likes this.
    05-29-2013 05:33 AM
    the cyan badge was originally pink (to fit with our logo) but it got changed. However the colours were decided before the badges were put into effect. Way before then.
    Then, how does Laura get to have her name in green?

EDIT: Never mind, she's a super moderator. Speaking of which, what's the difference between that and a regular moderator?
    05-29-2013 05:36 AM
    Then, how does Laura get to have her name in green?

EDIT: Never mind, she's a super moderator. Speaking of which, what's the difference between that and a regular moderator?
    Super moderator is like chief of the police staff (but lower than the admin), can patrol/edit any section, thread he/she wants to.
    A moderator is like a policeman for a particular locality, or I say particular section (Like Lumia 920 section). The mod can edit anything in his section, but outside his section he's a civilian :D can only scare people with his ID and gun.
    WanderingTraveler likes this.
    05-29-2013 06:01 AM
    Super moderator is like chief of the police staff (but lower than the admin), can patrol/edit any section, thread he/she wants to.
    A moderator is like a policeman for a particular locality, or I say particular section (Like Lumia 920 section). The mod can edit anything in his section, but outside his section he's a civilian :D can only scare people with his ID and gun.
    Nope, we can all access the same sections. Super Mods have been at it longer and deserve the title. Plus they get to wear capes.
    Muessig and WanderingTraveler like this.
    05-29-2013 07:50 PM
    Nope, we can all access the same sections. Super Mods have been at it longer and deserve the title. Plus they get to wear capes.
    Didn't knew that, I can't imagine moderators/super mods wearing a superman costume, specially the red underpants :'(.
    05-30-2013 01:35 AM