First wp8 - LOVE IT

cw1988

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
Hi everyone,

Just bought my first w8 phone, a cyan lumia 520.

I absolutely love it so far although I have found one problem........I can't decide on my tile organisation due to the thread in the wp8 subforum haha

This seems like a good community so will put my slippers on and make myself at home :)

crash1989

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Hey,

Welcome to the world of Windows Phone. Indeed make yourself at home and put the forums to the best use. Do not hesitate to post in the forums for any queries or issues, you never know if someone has a solution to your problem :D

Cheers.

stmav

Retired Moderator
Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
Welcome aboard and glad you are enjoying your new phone. Look around the forums and enjoy yourself!

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Tile organization is a personal preference ;), I like to keep it very simple and minimum, mainly Me tile, contacts, music, games and whatsapp, mail messaging, photos.
Thats all, I've seen people having overloaded home screens but thats personal again.

Narse77

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
One of the great things about WP is the ability to make it your own. I must have changed my tiles 100 times before I decided what worked for me.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
I found my own preferred way of arranging tiles pretty fast. I had to perform a hard reset pretty soon into getting my 920 though, which resetted the arrangement and I couldn't figure out how I had em anymore. Well, the new one I came up with wasn't bad either. I tend to go for a combination of 1) ease of use/functionality 2) aesthethics of the live tiles, such as people hub and Pictures. Everything important and most used is pretty much so that I dont have to scroll down at all.

Welcome aboard!

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Hey cw1998, tiles are a tricky thing, It took me weeks of fiddling to get to a point where I was really happy with it. There's a thread somewhere that shows some people having over 70 tiles on the start screen. They sure add up quickly. Make yourself at home!

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Hi and welcome to WPCentral.

What colour tiles have you chosen? I like cyan, orange, crimson, yellow and steel with a cyan device.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett