hey hey hey

MikeInOhio

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
hi y'all.

You guys rock - very entertaining board.

My name is Michael, but you can call me whatever you would like (or not). I am in Ohio - wasn't yesterday - will be here again tomorrow.

So I do not have a functioning Windows phone at the moment but do have some NOK stock and an 928 with a shattered screen. My current quandary is whether to try to fix my 928 or stick with my (slightly less broken) Galaxy Nexus (hate it). So how easy is it to replace the screen?

I'm also tempted to get a 1020 but need further convincing.

Well, that is all from now. Be good.

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Hey MikeInOhio, great to see you here. What's the status of your warranty with the store you bought the phone? Nokia offer a 1 year Warranty so you could always send the device back to them and they should fix it for you (maybe for a cost, depending how you broke it). Check out the 1020 review on the front page of the site for recommendations about that phone. See you around the forums!

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to WPC and like Muessig said all Nokia devices have a one year warranty so take it to a Nokia Care or contact them and hopeful it should get sorted.

I really like the look of the 1020 and considering it as my second phone.

NTUser

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
Hello, welcome to the forums!

I'd definitely try to get your 928 fixed if it is under warranty.

I'd be getting a 1020 myself, but I'm a VZW customer. Still looks like an awesome phone, definitely worth checking out.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Hi Michael and welcome to WPCentral. :smile:

I'm guessing you have VZW, since you have a 928. The 1020 is for AT&T, not VZW. Which carrier has better coverage where you live, work and travel? If coverage is equal, then you could consider a switch from VZW to AT&T; otherwise, you're better off staying with VZW.

MikeInOhio

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
Hi Michael and welcome to WPCentral. :smile:

I'm guessing you have VZW, since you have a 928. The 1020 is for AT&T, not VZW. Which carrier has better coverage where you live, work and travel? If coverage is equal, then you could consider a switch from VZW to AT&T; otherwise, you're better off staying with VZW.

Hi Laura,

Both AT&T and Verizon work good where I am. I guess I should clarify my 1020 desire... My Verizon account is "free" since it is my work phone. I'm considering getting the 1020 because I love gadgets. I'd probably not do a contract since I really wouldn't use it as a phone - I used to have a Focus on AT&T on the 450 minute plan and 300 MB of data and think I had a couple of thousand rollover minutes when the contract ended - lol.

However, I am also thinking about dropping my home internet with Time Warner and using the AT&T LTE 5GB tethering thingy. That way I could get have "some" phone minutes and feel better about using all of the features the 1020 has to offer. It would cost me $43.99 more a month over the 2 years (assuming Time Warner doesn't increase their prices) and I'd have less data so would have to cut down on my Amazon Prime streaming (which is probably a good thing). Should I spend an extra $1.47/day? Gaaah - 1st world problems suck.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolz1234