Proud to be Pinoy (WPC Filipino Community)

al.cantara

Apr 14, 2012
Visit site
Based on Sam Sabri's latest post, I realize that there are quite a few Filipinos in the house (represent!!). So I thought I would start a thread here. Hope to hear from you guys.. Tuloy po kayo :)

My name is Al and I live in Chicago but born and raised in Lucena City. I'm definitely a WP pioneer, having owned an HTC Touch Pro II (granted it's WinMo). Then I upgraded to HD7 on day one release, to Titan II, and now am a proud owner of a white Nokia Lumia 928. I also upgraded my laptop to Windows 8 as soon as it became available, own a Surface RT, and saving for XBox One. Needless to say, I am a total ****** and proud of it. :smile:

Salamat po, mabuhay ang mga Pinoy! Cheers!

al.cantara@outlook.com

Last edited:

froi francisco

Apr 11, 2013
Visit site
Count me in. Hehe..been using windows phone since last yr.i started using wp7 on the legendary htc hd2 😊. Unfortunately it broke down.. I am now an owner of lumia 810..sounds odd as it is under tmobile..got it as a gift from a family in phoenix and was able to unlock it so i cn use it here in the phil... Been ff the site/forum since i got the phone..as this is one of the great phones nokia built unfortunately eol by tmobile..damn..been really waiting on gdr2 update 😁 .. Musta nmn jn guys

Genesis Paolo Guy

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
Hey! I feel like WPCentral suddenly opened up and became even more accessible to a Filipino like me. I never thought I had so much Pinoy peers in here!

jedi12

Mar 12, 2012
Visit site
hello kabayan! i love everything microsoft! ..from windows mobile 6 to htc mozart na nadukot sa jeep, now proud owner of lumia 720 and an acer p3 aspire convertible...and now baun sa utang!! ahaha

Rynz08

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
I never expected many WP fans in the philippines especially after seeing so many androids around everyday. I've been a Lumia 800 user from QC since May 2012. Im sick and tired of those fandroids bashing the specs of WP in filipino tech sites even in the Nokia Philippines FB page. I hope this Filipino community will continue to grow. Im torn between the sexiness of lumia 925 and the power of 41mp of lumia 1020

euichii

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
.mabuhay mga kababayan. Nice to know that there are so many pinoys here. Hope nokia can regain back it's glory. Hopefully by windows phone blue. Proud owner here of lumia 720. From bulacan but working here in taguig.

brianPTRP

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys!! I'm a proud lumia 800 owner since July 2012...absolutely love my lumia but planning to upgrade to another lumia phone next year...and since i'm a Microsoft fanatic as well I'm replacing my win7 netbook with a surface RT...yeah!!! NOKIA and MICROSOFT ROCKS!!!! ^_^

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
Great thread, op! Would love to see a bigger WP community out in PI! Trying to introduce my relatives to Nokia WP by asking them to check out different new models for me at the Nokia store. Not surprising, they didn't know about WP till they actually visited the store. But on the plus side, I'm seeing Lumias more often in teleseryas! (Wife makes me watch, so don't judge me! Haha).

A little bout me: originally from Leyte, grew up in Las Pi?as, and moved to the states back in 89. Now living in Vegas.

b3rni3703

May 22, 2013
Visit site
what's good bosings!.. was browsing around and accidentally found this! lol... it's nice to see a WPC Flip Comm on this site where we can all collaborate! I'm a current 810 user-soon-to-be-920 (long story short - i dropped my phone face down resulting cracked screen over the weekend and it SUCKED!) liked the phone til that one fateful incident happen. Anyways, as some had mentioned, it's a device that TMo EOL'd not too long ago and was pretty devastated for that matter, but I honestly thought it was one of the best WP8 device Nokia has ever built (removable and stellar battery life, expandable storage mcsd, neafty camera, LTE capable etc) but ya know.. **** does happen from time to time, so moving up the ladder to 920 it IS!

Little about me: born and raised in Bataan, moved to manila when i was 6 and at the age of 12 - came to US in '94 (Northern VA).. only been back 2wice = ( i miss the motherland. Keep this thread rollin' guys!

rastanac

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Kumusta mga kabayan? Checking in.. solid Noypi based here in the Land Down Under!

Used gadgets like Casio digitial organizers, Palm Pilots, Motorolas, Sony Ericssons (including Windows mobile ones), Nokia (Symbians)... hopefully that doesn't tell much about my age..
And, here is my WP history so far:
HTC HD2 (tried everything on it - from WinMo to WP7 to Android and back to WP7, just an amazing device!) - HTC Mozart - Lumia 800 - Lumia 920

WP apps wishlist:
Chikka (what's taking them so long to serve our growing WP community??)
Bible reading companion (like Didache)
BPI mobile banking app
Working Philipppine news apps (those from ABS-CBN are just way too slow for my liking, and don't think they've been updated to work in WP8 devices?) How about a Philippine Daily Inquirer news app??

Kayo, anu?

Cheers, mga kabayan!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3