Proud to be Pinoy (WPC Filipino Community)

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
I thought about it, but it is still a lot of money for me. Ugh..so tempting. I need to start saving up though..crossroads :eck:

On another note, I am finding so hot here right now. I got heat rash/prickly heat on my forearms and it is pretty uncomfortable :( It's great to be back though!
Oh, you're back? Congrats!

On a side note, where do you live?

I'd like to see a few Windows Phone users nearby.

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
Thanks :D I'm staying in Cubao, Quezon City right now, not too far from the Araneta Center. I don't think I have actually noticed many WP users about, but then again I haven't been paying much attention :p

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Well, now that I look at the fine print, it says that the promo runs until July 18, which is good news.

My only problem is where to get the cash...

Oh well, the only WP users I see are at school, and even then, they're people I convinced to get a WP.

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Everyone who want a good deal, take note:

The Lumia promotion here will take place until Friday, July 18, 2014. There's plenty of time for you to snap up a cheap Lumia.

multo

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Well, good for you ;)

Fun fact: I was initially eyeing the 1320 as my 620 replacement (which is strange on many levels), but had to go for something pocket-friendly, both ways. I'm now sobbing for my loss.

Would it be of any difference if I whisper.......bbbbbuuuuuuyyyyyyyy...bbbbbuuuuuyyyyyy.....bbbbbbuuuuuuyyyyyy. Lol

Artagnan

Jul 13, 2014
Visit site
count me in, Lumia 1520 user. I still have my first windows phone: HTC Mozart. User of Samsung Omnia II way back.

Posted via Windows Phone Central App

henryf124

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
Hi, guys! Wow! I didn't know this thread existed!

Anyway, I recently upgraded to Lumia 1520 from Lumia 900 because of the Nokia Lumia Sale at Abensons. The Lumia 1520 is really an awesome phone! I love the large and high res screen!

The only problem I have is that I'm having a hard time looking for accessories for my Lumia 1520. So far, I was able to get a screen protector from a store called Commatics (?) and an anti-skid transparent case from an OLX online seller. (I know the Lumia 1520 has Gorilla Glass 2, but I had scratches on my Lumia 900's screen, even though it's Gorilla Glass too. I don't want scratches on my Lumia 1520.)

Where do you guys get your cases? I want to get more cases with more color options. I also want to get a waterproof case, if there's one. And where can I find a wireless charger?

multo

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I got most of my cases online. Hard to look for decent ones here. Wireless charger you can buy directly from nokia. The dt-900 is priced at 2.7k last time I checked. There are other alternatives as well. The cdrking wireless qi charger works too. Olx has a lot of options for that since qi is pretty much generic

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

badr0b0t

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
Musta mga pre?

Just recently got a 1520 off amazon.ca as 1520 is not available here in Canada.
Loving the phone but hating the lack of apps. I can do more things with my HTC One X running android JB 4.2 than this 1520. That is why I am also keeping my One X.

-badrobot (from Toronto).

henryf124

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
Thanks, multo! Where do you usually look for cases online? I tried looking for one at OLX but there's only a few options available. What sites can I visit?

Wow, CD-R King has a wireless chafing port? Would you know if it's any good? Might get one from them instead, if the price is reasonable and if it's durable enough.

multo

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Thanks, multo! Where do you usually look for cases online? I tried looking for one at OLX but there's only a few options available. What sites can I visit?

Wow, CD-R King has a wireless chafing port? Would you know if it's any good? Might get one from them instead, if the price is reasonable and if it's durable enough.

I normally check the wpcentral store. I've gotten 2 Amzer cases from this site already, the black and white one. Also bought the official flip cover from microsoft store. I just have them shipped to a relative in the states and they bring it over to minimize freight cost. If that's not an option for you, try ebay. I've gotten quite a few cases from ebay for my old 920 and 925. It was just 2 weeks for delivery. Regarding the cdrking charger, yep, it works. I've gotten two from them, the old and new version. Here check it out. I have both WP and Android use it without issues so far.
cdrking old and new qi charger - YouTube

euichii

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
Kamusta?..sa eBay po may mga murang cases for Lumia 1520 at astig pa design. Just got mine last thursday nakakahinayang naubusan aq sa abenson ng stock.

onysi

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
i'm proud to see Filipino's slowly building itself to become the next first world country. It was more than 2 decades ago that I lived in a country without internet, rare electricity and sewage system, but I hear they're building a huge freeway going from south to north nonstop where "tricycles" are not allowed because its too slow. Unfortunately, I heard its because of Chinese businessmen buying up our land to make money of it.

Last time I went home (sometime this year) I was shocked to see kids carrying cellphones and some tablets. When I was a kid the only thing I carried around was a slingshot, and I used it to kill birds. (lol) Now I see kids, and farmers carrying a cellphone. This is observation from a countryside of the Philippines. Manila is still the same crowded and polluted city to me. lol

onysi

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
by the way, I bought a souvenir when I went there. it's the tiniest cellphone from CD-R King.
one week standby, 7 hr talk time
dual sim
mp3 player,
text
unlocked
$30 dollars.

And it's my keychain. Lol
*pictured in the middle*
View attachment 72813

henryf124

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
Multo:
Oh, I haven't tried ordering from ebay yet. You ordered from abroad? Did you have to pay for duties in the post office? I heard duties can be quite costly!

Sige, I'll check out the wireless chargers from cdr king. I hope they're reasonably priced.

Thanks again, bro!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3