Proud to be Pinoy (WPC Filipino Community)

Jeff Erson

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
Hello po mga kababayan! Proud Lumia 920 owner here from Bohol, currently residing in Cebu. Just saw this thread after browsing the forums. :) Mabuhay! :D

Jeff Erson

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
Hmmm. My previous post wasn't shown. Anyways...

Hello mga kababayan! Proud 920 owner here from Bohol, currently working in Cebu. Spread the love, spread WP. Lol

P.S. After a couple of minutes (maybe an hour), my previous post just shown up. Deleting....

P.S. 2. I don't know how to delete a post. Haha I'll just leave it there. Lol

Last edited:

MATRIX RELOADED

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
Guys, if anyone here still interested with lumia 1520, 1320 or lumia 1020 at a bargain price, go checkout Abenson Glorietta Makati. Apparently they still have stocks of these with the same prices as last month's sale...check it out below and spread the word.

AdobePhotoshopExpress_e8c91842069f47779689d63600eab07a.jpg

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Went around Metro Manila yesterday.

Wow, those Cherry Mobile WP/Win8.1 devices are selling like hotcakes.

And, they're actually pushing them if not for stock reasons.

froi francisco

Apr 11, 2013
Visit site
musta mga ka-lumia... just would like to share my pissed moment with Nokia Care Philippines. Sobrang depressed na inaabot ko sa kanila.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/nokia-lumia-920/227564-nokia-doesnt-care-philippines.html

its more than a month now that i dont have my lumia 1320. under warranty repair and they are giving me a hard time. do you guys have any idea if they actually allow to just replace your phone? given that its under warranty...

Raijin99

Nov 10, 2014
Visit site
I was a former user of a Microsoft (Nokia) Lumia 520. but i gave it to my cousin. Now I'm using a Cherry Mobile Alpha Style, the cheapest Windows Phone unit in the world, and i'm loving it as my daily driver! For about $60-$65, honestly its worth the price! No need to complain about what your getting at that price point. proud Windows Phone user! Cheers!

Raijin99

Nov 10, 2014
Visit site
Dude, you're looking for a phone that named after Shanghai Rolls?
or is that one of those cheap China phone knock offs? LOL! XD

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
musta mga ka-lumia... just would like to share my pissed moment with Nokia Care Philippines. Sobrang depressed na inaabot ko sa kanila.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/nokia-lumia-920/227564-nokia-doesnt-care-philippines.html

its more than a month now that i dont have my lumia 1320. under warranty repair and they are giving me a hard time. do you guys have any idea if they actually allow to just replace your phone? given that its under warranty...

Hey, froi. Sadly, I can relate to your situation. My L1020 broke down within the warranty period over a month ago, and I still haven't received my repaired/replaced phone. My last personal encounter with them was in the first week of February 2015, when Nokia Care Philippines was "undergoing a change in management". All the delays in receiving and processing requests may have been caused by such "change".

The good news is that you may contact either Microsoft Philippines (email) or @LumiaHelp (Twitter). Both of them responded to my concern, but I slightly prefer @LumiaHelp - they said that they will update me (directly) once my phone is repaired. This is great, especially because the Twitter handle seems to be international.

Just today, Nokia Care called me through my mobile (temporary) phone to give me updates regarding the status of my L1020. It's not good news (needs replacement, parts have been ordered, expected delivery of parts is on... etc.), but at least they're making their presence felt to their "valued" customers. Give it a shot, and it might make things slightly better. :cool:

BTW, you may also ask them that question (about replacement under warranty), but I already asked them the exact question, and they said that it "depends" on the evaluation of the technician. It's a corporate answer. Does it mean "yes"? Probably. But at least it's telling us that there's a chance that they will (replace the phone if needed).

Force2Reckon

Aug 6, 2014
Visit site
I was a former user of a Microsoft (Nokia) Lumia 520. but i gave it to my cousin. Now I'm using a Cherry Mobile Alpha Style, the cheapest Windows Phone unit in the world, and i'm loving it as my daily driver! For about $60-$65, honestly its worth the price! No need to complain about what your getting at that price point. proud Windows Phone user! Cheers!

is this brand-model eligible for firmware updates?

i see theyre not included in the list of models..

http://www.nokia.com/global/support...ware-update/wp8-availability-in-asia-pacific/

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
is this brand-model eligible for firmware updates?

i see theyre not included in the list of models..

Availability in Asia Pacific - Microsoft - Global

Firmware updates from Nokia/Microsoft are only applicable to Nokia/Microsoft phones. Cherry Mobile Alpha Style is not a Nokia/Microsoft phone and hence will not receive firmware updates listed in the Nokia/Microsoft website. Updates for other manufacturers, such as HTC, Samsung, and the local Cherry Mobile will be available only when they release their own firmware update.

However, all phones should be able to receive OS updates, either "normally" or through PFD regardless of manufacturer.

This was the primary reason I didn't get the Cherry Mobile Alpha and got a L535 instead for a temporary phone... updates.:cool:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss