Proud to be Pinoy (WPC Filipino Community)

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Mabuhay, mga kababayan!

I came across a weather app that was developed specific for the Philippines. Since the country lies along a typhoon-rich geographic location, with around 20 typhoons expected each year, I think this app will be very useful for us. The app seems to be at the early stage of development, but it's packed with a lot of useful information. I got in touch with the developer and he said that he intends to add more features into the app, such as live tiles and storm warnings.

Check it out here: Storm Warning

Let's support out local developers!:cool:

ajayden

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site
Based on Sam Sabri's latest post, I realize that there are quite a few Filipinos in the house (represent!!). So I thought I would start a thread here. Hope to hear from you guys.. Tuloy po kayo :)

My name is Al and I live in Chicago but born and raised in Lucena City. I'm definitely a WP pioneer, having owned an HTC Touch Pro II (granted it's WinMo). Then I upgraded to HD7 on day one release, to Titan II, and now am a proud owner of a white Nokia Lumia 928. I also upgraded my laptop to Windows 8 as soon as it became available, own a Surface RT, and saving for XBox One. Needless to say, I am a total ****** and proud of it. :smile:

Salamat po, mabuhay ang mga Pinoy! Cheers!

al.cantara@outlook.com

By any chance, how many were active on Airfagev during the windows mobile days. I am not pinoy but I had lot of windows mobile friends there.

Force2Reckon

Aug 6, 2014
Visit site
Mabuhay, mga kababayan!

I came across a weather app that was developed specific for the Philippines. Since the country lies along a typhoon-rich geographic location, with around 20 typhoons expected each year, I think this app will be very useful for us. The app seems to be at the early stage of development, but it's packed with a lot of useful information. I got in touch with the developer and he said that he intends to add more features into the app, such as live tiles and storm warnings.

Check it out here: Storm Warning

Let's support out local developers!:cool:

good find!

jval88

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
Hello there guys! Lumia 625 user here from Laguna! I've been lurking here at the Forums and on the main site since the WP7-WP8 transition era. Mabuhay!

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
I'm doing well, and you?

Been a bit busy lately, but all is well. Bought myself a 1:400 die-cast model of a plane in a plane which was the exact plane the model was based on - this somehow revived my want to actually fly a commercial airline one of these days. :cool:

Now for Windows-related news, I've been stopping myself from installing Windows 10 on my singular Lumia 1020.

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
Waiting for the 950 to be carried by Smart, or 550 by Sun. As much as possible, I'm running for my life away from Globe.

Hopefully you'll be able to order one directly from Microsoft with the bands that will work with whatever carrier you like. That would be cool.

ejlee072006

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to me! Half pinoy here.
I know a lot of pinoy using WP, I don't think there's an app problem in the Pinas, it's nice to hear

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to me! Half pinoy here.
I know a lot of pinoy using WP, I don't think there's an app problem in the Pinas, it's nice to hear

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome to the forums, ejlee072006! So you know a lot using WP? It be great to join them and get one yourself! Yeah, I saw that "Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk" part. ;)

Aremosiur

May 20, 2014
Visit site
Hello po, asalam good day guys! Ay ang tanga hehe:wink: since 2013 pa po ako member pero ngayon ko lang po nabasa 'tong Community naten sorry po!. I signed up back then when i got the NL720,after a few months installed the 8.1DP to try the Lumia Camera app to do some amateur photography. Now using NL830 because i lost my beloved 720, gave it to the missus ;) when i went home for vacation in November 2014, i am up for another vacation in March next year and for sure will lose again the 830 to the wife hehe!
'Di bale bibili na lang ako ng 950 as soon as i'm back here in Abha,K.S.A, guys it is cheaper here..no tax!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786