Hello from me!

Scott Kenyon

Jun 20, 2013
Visit site
Heya everyone!
My name is Scott (obviously) and I'm pretty new around here. I picked up a Lumia 521 on HSN as many people did. I've been lurking around trying not to post too much as I'm not very knowledgeable about this platform.
I'm a 30 year old guy living in upstate NY who is a massive nerd. I love computers, mobile devices, techy cars, sci-fi, and tons of other things. Most of all, I love my three year old daughter, who loves Windows Phone.
She's taken over my Lumia and loves to use the music app and play Jetpack Joyride. I got the pink case for it so she'd know it's OK to use it, and now she owns it. She loves it more than the Android devices I've given her in the past.
I'm having a rough time of wp, being an Android user. I like the keyboard and email app a lot, but some things will probably keep me from using the device and other wp devices full time. Thankfully it's a far cry from my old Omnia, and much more fun to use. This doesn't mean I have come to this community to be disrespectful and write comparison posts etc. I'm n here to ask and learn, and I hope you'll have me as a member here.
I should disclose that on AC I am an ambassador, and I will show you folks every bit of respect you deserve. I am here to learn about the platform I can access and be engaging with you guys. Hopefully I'll be well met. Thanks for reading this huge hello, and I eagerly look forward to you putting up with my ignorance!

Sent from my HTC One using Mobile Nations mobile app

raccoon210

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
I'm glad you decided to pick up a WP even though you seem pretty into android! It'll be nice to get some input on these forums from an AC ambassador! Any questions for your 521 ask away we're all glad to help! Eventually I'm sure you'll be converted to WP fully:) enjoy your time here!

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Hi Scott and welcome to WPCentral. :smile:

I'm glad you decided to join us here. There are many people who use more than one platform. I don't use more than one mobile device at a time, but I was formerly a Symbian and BlackBerry user, prior to Windows Phone; and I'm typing this post on my PC running Linux, rather than Windows (I use both LInux Mint 15 and Windows 8).

Please feel free to check out the forums and ask questions if there are things that are not clear to you.

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Oh. Hey, Scott!

You'll miss some things from Android, but I'll guarantee you'll enjoy your time with WP.

Also, I'm thanking you for not doing anything close to baiting. Thank you.

P.S. Every person who I know is named Dave or Scott is successful at what they do. Well, I hope you continue that trend. So, uh, no pressure.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte