Proudly Nokia / Microsoft Windows Phone !

MrGoodSmith

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Since everyone seems to be posting here, what the heck, me as well.

I am Canadian, and glad being a daily reader of wpcentral and its forums. People here seem to resonate well with my thoughts and beliefs, and the authors seem nice too.

I have always been a Nokia fan since the 90s. Even when iphone and android devices started dominating the sales charts I could never think of following the crowd and become just like everyone else. I have always been proud of holding a Nokia phone.

Then came February 2011, Microsoft and Nokia shaking hands, and it was a dream come true to me. I am a ASP.Net developer and always favored MS products over the rest, so owning a Lumia phone was no brainer of course.

I knew Microsoft was working on WP8, so I didn't rush getting one of the early WP7.5 devices. I was still happy with my 5 years old N95 (although thinking about it now, maybe I should have jumped on WP the moment it was available).

Then last November I tried the Lumia 920 for 10 days and was concerned about its heating issues, plus couldn't unlock it before the 14 days trial period, so had to return it for a full refund, and ended getting a Lumia 710 which I used for the last 8 months, flashing it with a custom WP 7.8 firmware.

But I really wanted to jump on WP8 and was getting fed up with the limitations of WP 7.8 My eyes were already on the Lumia 1020 which still has few months before it arrives Canada, so I decided to buy the cheapest WP8 I could get and start using it ASAP for now, and I got the Lumia 520 which I am very happy with. I may even hold on to it and see what's coming next after the 1020!

So yeah, nice being here. Thanks everyone and I hope I can be of any help to others.

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Hey there good sir! Welcome sort of new person! lol I will tell you, the 520 has a really nice size and feel to it!

BTW Do all Canadians have a sweet spot for BB?

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to WPC fellow developer! ;-)

Nice country Canada. I'm in central Europe, but I've visited Vancouver B.C. a few times. Love it there. One of the places I could imagine calling home.

pmhgeneral

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
Welcome aboard ⚓ MrGoodSmith great to have you here, love Canada area we visited Niagara falls, Nova Scotia they were beautiful and had a great time!

NTUser

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to the forums! Glad you finally found a phone that suited you, I hear good things about the 520 all around.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro