View Poll Results: What do you guys think I should do?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • Nokia 928 & Verizon

12 29.27%
  • Nokia 925 & T-Mobile

10 24.39%
  • Wait it out... Better phones are likely around the corner with GDR3 and Blue

19 46.34%
08-25-2013 08:45 PM
55 123
tools
    Put me in the "wait" catagory, only because it sounds like you prefer Sprint. I like the Samsung ATIV Neo, but you did not list it as a choice, so obviously you see the advantages of Nokia. If you decide to move, I would almost say bite the bullet and go 928 on Verizon. I like T-Mobile, but it is spotty in the "where is my signal" world. That 928 has been raved about as one of the better 92X varients, period. But if you prefer Sprint, this is moot. Wait until fall, and see what is up with the new devices and the new Sprint, which SoftBank will be easing into control of in the next 12 months or so. There should be hints at how it will be run by them.
    08-21-2013 11:25 AM
    I believe you. Im been with VZ long time. yeah they're more expensive etc but they've always had AAA customer service/tech support. They may as well have none for the 928 VZ has an exclusive on. They promoted it as VZ's flagship windows phone in mid May when it came out. My mid august VZ was selling flagship for free. After wasting my time with calls to VZ tech support I went in 2 VZ stores with windows questions Both times they knew nothing about windows both times they tried to sell me an android or iPhone to fix my windows issue . Sounds like VZ was just trying to add subscribers with the Lumia 928 if you ask me; marketing.The 928 does have a high performance speaker with no bass adjustments settings which Nokia confirmed it did not have . Why ?

I don't have ANY of these issues and neither do several of my friends that have moved over from Android. Only 1 has the 928 on Verizon.

I wouldn't use nav on any phone w/out a car charger. It's a known drain.
    I find a lot of the apps on Windows Phone to be superior in quality & aesthetics.

The texting issues don't sound like a hardware issue. I'd be in the phone with Verizon. Also, get your pics off your phone via USB to the computer if you need to do a hard reset.

For the OP, your experience will likely be a variant of one our experiences. Go pick up and play with the device before you make up your mind. I'm very happy and the former Android users in my circle are all happy, but obviously some aren't.
    08-21-2013 11:34 AM
    Based on the history of new, hot phone releases, and Nokia's carrier preference, I would definitely go with AT&T for carrier and pick up either a Lumia 920 or a 1020. If you wait until the next gen GDR3 phones, which could release later this year or early next year, then you will be missing out on an amazing mobile experience. I, too, was going to wait it out, but I decide that the 1020 was too good to pass up for 4-6 months. We may not see a camera this good on another WP8 device for a long time. This device is like having a $4000-500 phone and a $400-500 camera all in one. Also, unless you feel you must have a screen larger than 4.5" and resolution higher than 1024x768 (720p) then waiting for GDR3-enabled phones is pointless. All phones will get the update and similar to Android, the only difference between phones will be the screen size and the resolution. I will probably wait until this time next year to sell my Lumia 1020 to upgrade to a 1080p Windows Phone. I'm sure Nokia will release a 1080p, 5" successor to the 1020 at some point next year, but definitely not this year since they don't want to thwart the sales of the 1020.
    08-21-2013 09:36 PM
    Good advice. I would not touch any Lumia product through VZ unless you must.In mid May VZ introduced its flagship windows 928 device for $100 with 2 yr agreement. "Flagship" is now going for free with 2yr .VZ even offered me to waive their 14 day return policy provided I pick up an android/Iphone, those models being pushed hard to make room for the new iPhones/Samsungs coming out in Sept. VZ's Flagship was all marketing I'm afraid.(worked too, windows just passed blackberry)

Based on the history of new, hot phone releases, and Nokia's carrier preference, I would definitely go with AT&T for carrier and pick up either a Lumia 920 or a 1020. If you wait until the next gen GDR3 phones, which could release later this year or early next year, then you will be missing out on an amazing mobile experience. I, too, was going to wait it out, but I decide that the 1020 was too good to pass up for 4-6 months. We may not see a camera this good on another WP8 device for a long time. This device is like having a $4000-500 phone and a $400-500 camera all in one. Also, unless you feel you must have a screen larger than 4.5" and resolution higher than 1024x768 (720p) then waiting for GDR3-enabled phones is pointless. All phones will get the update and similar to Android, the only difference between phones will be the screen size and the resolution. I will probably wait until this time next year to sell my Lumia 1020 to upgrade to a 1080p Windows Phone. I'm sure Nokia will release a 1080p, 5" successor to the 1020 at some point next year, but definitely not this year since they don't want to thwart the sales of the 1020.
    08-22-2013 10:08 AM
    Well I must say I do not regret this decision one bit. So far I am loving the 928 and Verizon's service. He thing is so snippy it makes my old Evo 3D feel like it's got a ball and chain to lug around!

Thanks again to everyone for the warm reception and all the advice. Another happy WP8 consumer joins the fold.
    darkest.white, willied and 11B1P like this.
    08-25-2013 08:45 PM
55 123