Hello from NYC

Vishwacorp

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
Hello,

I've been lurking around here for long enough, so I finally joined and got myself a Lumia 925. I always had Nokias back in the day & remember having an N73, N900, and the E72. I'm switching from a rather long stint on an HTC Android device and while I'm quite heavily invested in Google's services, I so far have been enjoying MS's alternatives as well.

Also, I ride a motorcycle so I'm pretty excited about this super sensitive screen. Now I no longer have to take my gloves off to check directions on my phone when I (inevitably) get lost.

Thanks!

crash1989

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Hey,
Glad that you signed up for the forums. Please feel free to post and comment on threads. You can get the rules and guidelines for the forums from my signature.

Hope you have a great time with your device :D .

pmhgeneral

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
Welcome aboard ⚓ love the NY city area we spend a lot of time there my daughter lives in the Hoboken waterfront area . Good luck with that 925 they are great. Need help check out the window's 8 forum "how to guilds" tips & tricks .

Vishwacorp

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
Thanks everyone, so far it's been working out well for me. I like here maps, but their POI database isn't too good. I downloaded some google maps app from the store which overlays google POIs on here maps. Perfect!

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Hey Vishwacorp great to see you here at WPCentral! How have you found adjusting to the 925 other than using the Here Maps and Super Sensitive Screen? (I've found the way you can use gloves absolutely brilliant and handy, too!)

Vishwacorp

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
He muessig, the screen on it is great. And the third party apps are pretty incredible as well. Only thing I'm really missing is Google talk. I definitely need google chat since many people I know use it. I have been using IM+ Pro and while it works reliably, I dislike the UI. I gave jiTalk a try, since I think that app looks great and is very fast, but it doesn't give me any notifications. Anyone here have any success with the paid version of jiTalk?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)