AT&T Tried to sell me the SGS4 instead of the NL925.

rakesh1995

Banned
May 26, 2013
Visit site
Yes bro yea. Its your money and your wish. You worked hard to earn it. And who the hell has that derp to say like this.

Don't care Samsung even pays student to sought their name
http://www.idownloadblog.com/2013/04/17/samsung-fake-web-reviews/

When i went to buy a Lumia 520 the sales man showed me Samsung galaxy s duos. And he even lied that it has 1gb ram and duel core. I was like. Super sayian 4 rage mode on. Walked away from the store

Sent from my Lumia 520 using tapatalk

thomas wojcik

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
Where to start. Maybe the title of the thread should be " Thanks ATT for letting me upgrade early even though i was the one that made a stupid decision to go to a phone i hate." For me ATT has been great, good service, no complaints. When i sign a contract, i don't try to weasel out of it. No one put a gun to my head to make me sign it. It would seem that some people think they are special and are entitled to more than others. The OP said Tmobile sucks in his area, too bad ATT didn't know that. They could have cut him loose with his ETF.

anon(5345625)

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
Even when I wanted to buy a Symbian phone a few years back my Rogers rep tried to get me to buy a Blackberry. Nokia will never dominate North America.

dalydose

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
Where to start. Maybe the title of the thread should be " Thanks ATT for letting me upgrade early even though i was the one that made a stupid decision to go to a phone i hate." For me ATT has been great, good service, no complaints. When i sign a contract, i don't try to weasel out of it. No one put a gun to my head to make me sign it. It would seem that some people think they are special and are entitled to more than others. The OP said Tmobile sucks in his area, too bad ATT didn't know that. They could have cut him loose with his ETF.

Calm down. Your stock in AT&T will be just fine

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Way to go! that is what persistence and determination :cool:. Also if your looking for connectivity (quick short cuts) I would suggest getting skinnery themes this way you can have your own custom tile and link it to any of the following settings airplane mode, accounts, bluetooth, cellular, location, lockscreen and wi fi.

Sakeeboy

Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
Great info BRO, i tried to chat with ATT cust care an hour ago regarding getting L925 and they asked me call their customer care to retain me as loyal customer, which I am going to do now. Wish me luck...

daveakowalski

Sep 12, 2013
Visit site
Just jumped ship. I am now a member of the Nokia Lumia 925 team.
I upgraded back in Feb (7 months ago) for the iPhone 5, and when I read the news that AT&T was getting the Nokia Lumia 925, I had to switch. I was an Apple/iOS user for 3 years. Although iOS 7 is a week away, nothing really impressed me. I will still have my Apple Tv and iPad Mini, but slowly I will converting to W8 & XBOX ONE.

So, I called AT&T and pulled the, "I want to cancel my contract." In minutes, they agreed to work with me. Although I had upgraded 7 months ago, they were gonna let me upgrade again. I told 'em that I wanted the new Nokia Lumia 925, but then they told me that it was gonna be around $250 for an early upgrade... but, that they were willing to let me upgrade for the SGS4 for $180 ($20 cheaper than what it's going for). I told them that I didn't want an Android phone. She then started telling me that WP8 was no good, had zero apps, and that I would be regretting it. The SGS4 was the best phone out there ... better than the iPhone 5 and even the latest iPhone 5s..... blah... blah... blah. I was getting a little angry and told her that I wanted the NOKIA LUMIA 925, and that if she/they wouldn't let me upgrade, I would leave for TMOBILE. She put me on hold for about 5 minutes. 5 minutes passed and said, "I have the best deal right now, a SGS4 with any free accessory, free over night shipping, no upgrade fee, and $20 credit towards your bill for $160." I told her no thanks and that I just wanted to cancel. She put me on hold again, and came back and said that she could give me the NL925 for $180, free over night delivery (b.s., just received an email stating that my phone will be here on the 18th) and no upgrade fee. $80 more, but wth, I wanted this phone since it was announced back in July. I passed on the NL920 because to me it looked more like a brick. By selling the iPhone 5, I should be getting my money back plus an extra $200-- towards my SURFACE RT. :smile:
Anywho, I'm excited to be part of the Windows Phone 8 team. I refused to get an Android (although it was tempting) because of what Google is doing to MS. I will miss my Youtube app, but I hope there is a good one for WP8. I think Shamesung is up to no good with this deal/promotion. I mean, how can they offer me the SGS4 for $180 first, then bring it down to $160 plus extras?
Doesn't matter, all I know is that I held my own:cool:

Thank you and greetings from the great Northwest; Portland, OR, U.S.A.:smile:

I manage mobility for a company of 600 people, and this seems to be a pretty common occurrence with sales reps... I would love for someone from Nokia or MS to do an undercover shopper type deal and see how frequently their "carrier partners" crap all over them. I have had the same conversation about how the GS4 is the latest and greatest, and the only time I should look at WP8 is if I don't know how to use a "real" smart phone. I have actually had a conversation like this in a public forum (Facebook) with a Verizon store manager with whom I shared a mutual friend.

The misleading information doesn't add up with what I've heard from real world users of WP8, 99% of whom love their device. There is plenty to say about the lack of applications in the WP8 ecosystem, but there was the same to be said when Android was young, too. You can easily turn the tables and mention the phenomenon of Android fragmentation, the massive difference in user experience between budget and premium handsets, and the lack of familiarity that occurs when switching from one OEMs flavor of Android to another.

Kudos to you for sticking to your guns, though. It's not about what is better, it's about what is best for you, and if you think WP8 does what you need and is what you want as a daily driver, the carrier sales reps buzz off.

StillClassic29

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to the windows phone community. If you need anything, don't hesitate to ask, as that is our job to help you. Question though, why did you get the 925 instead of the 1020? Was it the price, or felt you didn't need an amazing camera?

I did not think about that. Honestly, the NL925 looks better. I really don't care about a 40mp camera, I am not a shutter bug. Ever since I saw the Lumia 925, I had to get it. I passed on the L920 because to me it looked like a brick. I waited and waited but nothing was coming out. So I decided to upgrade for the iP5 instead (because it was the best smartphone out there-- and like I said, I will not buy an Android). But now that the L925 is with AT&T, I can finally switch. 2 more days.

I've been with iOS/iPhone for 3 years. If I hated it (iP5), I would've got something else. The Lumia 920 was just too big for me. I've been reading and checking out Windows news for a while, but there was nothing out there for me to make me switch. When I read that AT&T was gonna get the NL925, I knew it was time to jump.

I missed the original post, I was hoping you didn't edit it. I love to put keyboard warriors/sh!t talkers like yourself in their placet. Or maybe you just work for AT&T? Guess what?? I GET WHAT I WANT. I was getting every new iPhone every year (not 2 years, although it was a 2 year contract) It's too bad a lot of people don't do this. YES, I AM SPECIAL! I AM THE CUSTOMER. BECAUSE OF ME/US, they/YOU get paid. It's asinine to have to wait every 2 years for a new phone. Sorry, not happening with me. I've been doing this for 3 years straight and I will continue doing it. I've told my co-workers about this, and a few have gotten the same result.

Can't wait for Nokia's/MS' next announcement, if they announce something better than the NL925, guess what, buddy? I will be calling customer service again. ;)

StillClassic29

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
Great info BRO, i tried to chat with ATT cust care an hour ago regarding getting L925 and they asked me call their customer care to retain me as loyal customer, which I am going to do now. Wish me luck...

Good luck. Always be polite! Talk about the weather, ask how they're doing, what they're into, etc. Get them to laugh... trust me.... it'll pay off. :)

I manage mobility for a company of 600 people, and this seems to be a pretty common occurrence with sales reps... I would love for someone from Nokia or MS to do an undercover shopper type deal and see how frequently their "carrier partners" crap all over them. I have had the same conversation about how the GS4 is the latest and greatest, and the only time I should look at WP8 is if I don't know how to use a "real" smart phone. I have actually had a conversation like this in a public forum (Facebook) with a Verizon store manager with whom I shared a mutual friend.

The misleading information doesn't add up with what I've heard from real world users of WP8, 99% of whom love their device. There is plenty to say about the lack of applications in the WP8 ecosystem, but there was the same to be said when Android was young, too. You can easily turn the tables and mention the phenomenon of Android fragmentation, the massive difference in user experience between budget and premium handsets, and the lack of familiarity that occurs when switching from one OEMs flavor of Android to another.

Kudos to you for sticking to your guns, though. It's not about what is better, it's about what is best for you, and if you think WP8 does what you need and is what you want as a daily driver, the carrier sales reps buzz off.

The iPhone is a great phone, but I was getting a little tired with it after 3 years, and iOS 7 didn't impress me at all. I wanted to try something new and the only thing that caught my attention was Windows. Also, it doesn't hurt that I am more of a PC & XBOX guy. Honestly, WP8 looks great. I LOVE THE LIVE TILES! Everytime I would go pay my bill, I would go to the L920 and play with it and wished AT&T had something smaller. 7 months later, here I am. I can't wait.Fedex should have it here by Monday. It's killing me.

I THINK I WILL CALL AT&T and complain about the over night shipping. I will ask for some credit towards my bill. :)
Hope Thomas W. doesn't blow a gasket.

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to the forums, if you are a duck fan, I will forgive you! Hopefully you will have your awesome Lumia 925 ready when the huskies pummel the ducks. Joking asside, congrats on your purchase and I know you will be happy, if you need any help, dont be afraid to reach out to us.

sevoman

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
I upgraded back in Feb (7 months ago) for the iPhone 5, and when I read the news that AT&T was getting the Nokia Lumia 925, I had to switch. I was an Apple/iOS user for 3 years. Although iOS 7 is a week away, nothing really impressed me. I will still have my Apple Tv and iPad Mini, but slowly I will converting to W8 & XBOX ONE.

So, I called AT&T and pulled the, "I want to cancel my contract." In minutes, they agreed to work with me. Although I had upgraded 7 months ago, they were gonna let me upgrade again. I told 'em that I wanted the new Nokia Lumia 925, but then they told me that it was gonna be around $250 for an early upgrade... but, that they were willing to let me upgrade for the SGS4 for $180 ($20 cheaper than what it's going for). I told them that I didn't want an Android phone. She then started telling me that WP8 was no good, had zero apps, and that I would be regretting it. The SGS4 was the best phone out there ... better than the iPhone 5 and even the latest iPhone 5s..... blah... blah... blah. I was getting a little angry and told her that I wanted the NOKIA LUMIA 925, and that if she/they wouldn't let me upgrade, I would leave for TMOBILE. She put me on hold for about 5 minutes. 5 minutes passed and said, "I have the best deal right now, a SGS4 with any free accessory, free over night shipping, no upgrade fee, and $20 credit towards your bill for $160." I told her no thanks and that I just wanted to cancel. She put me on hold again, and came back and said that she could give me the NL925 for $180, free over night delivery (b.s., just received an email stating that my phone will be here on the 18th) and no upgrade fee. $80 more, but wth, I wanted this phone since it was announced back in July. I passed on the NL920 because to me it looked more like a brick. By selling the iPhone 5, I should be getting my money back plus an extra $200-- towards my SURFACE RT. :smile:
Anywho, I'm excited to be part of the Windows Phone 8 team. I refused to get an Android (although it was tempting) because of what Google is doing to MS. I will miss my Youtube app, but I hope there is a good one for WP8. I think Shamesung is up to no good with this deal/promotion. I mean, how can they offer me the SGS4 for $180 first, then bring it down to $160 plus extras?

every time i have called att to complain about anything regarding upgrades, they have basically thrown a sgs3 at me. its unbelievable how many times they have offered the s3 at upgrade price. for some reason thats their 'go to' phone when making special deals. i guess its cheaper for them to give those out at discount than any other phone? i doubt ATT really plays OS favorites based on anything else other than money. their data plans for blackberry/windows/android/iphone....all are names differently but all are the exact same price. they will get the same monthly fees either way, so the only other thing would be their cost price for the device.

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site

If I was you, and I if I heard the bold part, this is what I'd do.
I hate it when carriers throw crow crap at me and take me as a fool.

d0d.jpg

thomas wojcik

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
Apple and android phones make up approx. 95% of total sales. Why would anyone selling them recommend a windows phone to customers. It's not fair, but that's life. It would be like a waiter recommending something on the menu that nobody ever orders. When everyone goes to work on Monday give the boss the 3rd best option all week long and let me know the results. I have 2 windows phones and they are fine for me but i wouldn't push them on someone else.

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Apple and android phones make up approx. 95% of total sales. Why would anyone selling them recommend a windows phone to customers. It's not fair, but that's life. It would be like a waiter recommending something on the menu that nobody ever orders. When everyone goes to work on Monday give the boss the 3rd best option all week long and let me know the results. I have 2 windows phones and they are fine for me but i wouldn't push them on someone else.

it is one thing to make a recommendation, it is another one to keep recommending it when the customer clearly wants something different.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo