Hello, men

Alisa Brown

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site
Recently, Microsoft unveiled its new surface, I am thinking about to buy one for my business.
Is it worth to buy with the price?
Is it well performing for Office (home) business?
What the main different between surface 2 and pro one?

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Hey welcome to the forum there are many ladies on the forum as well.

The surface pro runs all legacy apps including apps from Windows XP.

The Surface rt and Surface 2 runs windows rt which runs on ARM processors (like the ones in your phone). The benefits is battery life. Windows RT does not run x86 apps and you can only download apps from the windows store. Similar to the app store for the iPad. The Surface 2 does have optimized version of office included. That is a $300 value.

While the Surface 2 includes office, if you use quicken, it isn't available for windows rt.

I hope this helps.

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Tapatalk

Alisa Brown

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site
Hey welcome to the forum there are many ladies on the forum as well.

The surface pro runs all legacy apps including apps from Windows XP.

The Surface rt and Surface 2 runs windows rt which runs on ARM processors (like the ones in your phone). The benefits is battery life. Windows RT does not run x86 apps and you can only download apps from the windows store. Similar to the app store for the iPad. The Surface 2 does have optimized version of office included. That is a $300 value.

While the Surface 2 includes office, if you use quicken, it isn't available for windows rt.

I hope this helps.

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Tapatalk

What you said is so clear. I think I am get the idea, but Surface 2 is the version rt? Am I right?

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
What you said is so clear. I think I am get the idea, but Surface 2 is the version rt? Am I right?

I believe you are correct. They appeared to drop the RT at the end. So you now you have Surface Pro 2 and Surface 2. The pro version is full Windows 8.1 while Surface 2 is RT.

Whether it's worth the price and all the other questions comes down to what you want to do with it. It does all the basics well and runs Office. So unless you have a higher requirement it will suit the needs of most people. There is a lot of power on the Surface 2 and I expect to see better apps for it in the future to make use of that power. You can watch this as it may help: You can now watch the entirety of Microsoft

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site

Yes the Surface 2 runs Windows RT, and not Windows 8.1 which you can run Legacy x86 apps.

If you need some sort of software that is on a CD or download, I highly suggest you get a Surface Pro.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers