I am new to windows phone and this site😏~!

s_lek

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
Hello my fellow compatriot's, my windows phone geeks. I am new to the scene and loving it, this is why I decided to introduce myself and how I intend to.

Anyway, I am American and the name is S__lek, but you can call me whatever you want to. I have been lurking and waiting to make an account for ages.

I decided to after getting the phone from Metro pcs and getting used to the OS in less than a week. Yes I have the Nokia Lumia 521, and I am happy to say this is my first smartphone. Why? Did I choose this time to get one? Well I seen all the negativity om WP8 and it did not deter me from going Nokia Lumia. Another reason is my first cell phone was a Lumia 😃, I as all of you am happy to see Nokia make a comeback.

Happy to get acquainted with you all.

Ps: I am also posting from my windows phone... How do I get the live tile to show unread post count because nothing seems to be happening.

Last edited:

pmhgeneral

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
Welcome aboard ⚓ to WP central it's great you join us and liking the 521, you may want to check out the forums Windows Phone 8 (guilds and how to's) tips and tricks for newbie's.
Good luck.

juanitoriv

Windows 10 Champion
Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
I decided to after getting the phone
Ps: does this allow for digs to get added? I am also posting from my windows phone... How do I get the live tile to show unread post count because nothing seems to be happening.

Right on lek, or should I say Cupcake?? 8P

Welcome. The greater majority of folks here are awesome and actually like to help..

As far as the WPC app and tile count, make sure under the app settings, live tile, you have "plain tile count" enabled to have the notification show up on your lock screen. As was said before you need background tasks on too.

Now, if you're anything like me, you either have or will be addicted to WPC. WP8 only allows live tiles to update every 30min. So if you're constantly checking it hasn't had time to show you.. 8)

Check ya later Cupcake. .

s_lek

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
A warm reception which I thank you for. 😃 yeah I figured as much my live tile is working fine. I noticed when you go to charge the battery the phone turns on. I also do not like the battery life so I ordered a 1050 M lithium ion battery. Is there a way to stop the phone from turning on when charging since I will need to be with out my phone for 24 hours... That's what the description said to do on amazon.

Thank you for the warm replies, I also do not mind my new nickname.

juanitoriv

Windows 10 Champion
Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
Lek, no way to keep the phone off while charging. Li-Ions don't need the cell cycling that NiCads or NIMHs need. They have built-in cell matching circuitry/sensors to keep the cells even, from dropping down too low and of course telling us our remaining capacity. Occasionally those may need re-calibration, which is when you let your phone die completely, then charge completely overnight. That might be the cause of your battery life issue. Of course, there are those that disagree with this. Since you have a new battery coming anyway, no harm in trying it out to see if this works for ya..

s_lek

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the advice I will let it charge for 24 hours when it arrives. Thanks for the help... In the future I will ask for help with apps and such.

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Welcomes me to the forum! We have a great community here hopefully we can answer all your questions!

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Tapatalk

r4v

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the advice I will let it charge for 24 hours

It will cut off charger when it's full anyway. Which means about 2.5-3 hours from zero. In other ways, it will charge in about an hour (since new phones come charged)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte