First time poster, but a long time lurker. Figured it was about time to drop by and say hello.
    BIGPADDY likes this.
    10-25-2013 08:16 AM
    Hello
    BIGPADDY likes this.
    10-25-2013 09:09 AM
    Welcome to WPCentral!
    BIGPADDY likes this.
    10-25-2013 03:48 PM
    Welcome aboard to WP central great to have ya here.
    BIGPADDY likes this.
    10-25-2013 08:09 PM
    Dude what's up? What Windows based devices are you rocking?

Sent from my Nexus 7
    BIGPADDY likes this.
    10-25-2013 09:42 PM
    Welcome to WPC there lots of tips that you can found for all WP devices.
    10-26-2013 08:54 AM
    Yeah, sorry it took me so long to get back. I have been moving all weekend. Anyway, I am rocking an Lumia 810 (which I got when it was first released). I must say that though I am happy with the phone so far (barring some of the problems that we all know of). I gotta admit that I was disappointed when I found that not only was the 810 discontinued but one of the features that I was looking most forward to using on t-mobile (WiFi calling) would not even be made available to the 810. I am thinking about replacing it with either it's successor or possible the 521. The decision comes down to price v.s features for me. I like the 925 and all, but if I can't take advantage of some of the new hardware features that have been recently been made available. I might just go cheap with the 521 until a suitable phone is released. I think the only way I would stay with the 810 is if after my research WiFi calling is not all the it cracked up to be.
    I also own a surface pro 2 (which I got on launch day). I am in love with that damn machine. For me it replaces an old laptop that was on its last leg and I am also positioning it to replace my 6 year old desk top. I was considering the surface 2, but I have to many interest that depends on the full version of windows 8 (though I may make up an excuse to own the 2520 as that is such a sexy machine). From a cost perspective I did not see the need to buy a new desk top, another laptop and possibly a tablet when in my mind it would be more efficient and cost effective ( for my user case) to buy one machine that replaces them all.
    I am also debating on picking up the new Xbox one. I am not really an hard core gamer or nothing like that. I more interested in the capabilities of the machine and some of the service the machine provides. I like what Microsoft is doing with x-box fit, Skype, etc. I am also not really a t.v watcher as most of my entertainment is streamed (hulu+, Netflix, A/prime, etc) but the ability to add smart t.v features to my hd television is pretty cool. Not to mention the fact that I don't own a blue ray player (I used to use my desktop for that). I think that Xbox one makes a compelling argument, I just don't know if it compelling enough as there are other option that while may not be as capable are cheaper than the Xbox one.
    I have been lurking on this site for a long time. For me this site congregates a good portion windows phone/ Microsoft information. I look forward to being apart of this community.
    rdubmu likes this.
    10-28-2013 07:46 AM
    Welcome to the foruns, congrats on your purchase of a Surface Pro 2. I have the original surface pro and I love it!!!

Sent from my LG-D801 using WPCentral Forums mobile app
    10-29-2013 12:24 AM