Hi Windows Phone Central!

Gameloft_Ryan

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
Hey Ryan, I don't know if these questions has been answered before, but will you address these questions?

1. Will Gameloft's policy of not integrating Xbox features change in the future? If so, will games as popular as Asphalt 8 be updated with Xbox integration?

2. How much time does it take to port a game to WP? When can we expect our next Gameloft title?

I'm happy to talk about these!

1 - It's possible in the future we will launch games that feature Xbox integration, however I can't confirm it for any titles. It's also possible we will revisit games, like Asphalt 8, and update them to add Xbox integration. If any of our games moving forward have this feature we will definitely be sure to publicize it :)

2 - It all depends on the game, honestly. Some games are more of a challenge than others and then we also must wait for games to go through approval processes. Due to this it's really tough to give an estimate or exact time frame. There really are a ton of moving parts in game development and I'm hesitant to say X game takes 2 months because some things are out of our control and might take longer than that OR it could go faster!

Gameloft_Ryan

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
Will all the Android/iOS games come to Windows Phone?
I visited Gameloft... Android has much more games...

That's mainly due to the fact that we have been developing for iOS/Android longer than Windows. Now that we are here though we will be doing our best to port some of our older titles over and to bring all of our new titles over. We've got an exciting lineup coming for 2014 and I can't wait to get in to all of the releases!

DennisvdG

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
That's mainly due to the fact that we have been developing for iOS/Android longer than Windows. Now that we are here though we will be doing our best to port some of our older titles over and to bring all of our new titles over. We've got an exciting lineup coming for 2014 and I can't wait to get in to all of the releases!

I noticed that a couple years back you guys released an hd remake of Rayman 2 The Great Esacape on other platforms, now I can already guess that it won't get ported to wp because it wasn't very popular :(, but do you think there is a chance? ...It's like one of my favorite games...

Gameloft_Ryan

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
I noticed that a couple years back you guys released an hd remake of Rayman 2 The Great Esacape on other platforms, now I can already guess that it won't get ported to wp because it wasn't very popular :(, but do you think there is a chance? ...It's like one of my favorite games...

I haven't heard anything about it, but it's possible we revisit it at a later date. I think for things like Rayman we'd have to check and see if we still have the licensing rights to distribute it on another platform.

rudrAgni

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
Hey Ryan, when can we expect the update for Asphalt 8 for Windows. IOS and android already have the newer cars since Feb. Updates for windows is still lagging behind :(

Gameloft_Ryan

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
Hey Ryan, when can we expect the update for Asphalt 8 for Windows. IOS and android already have the newer cars since Feb. Updates for windows is still lagging behind :(

I don't have an ETA on it just yet. The reason Windows is lagging is because the updates need to be ported over and then approved after that. It takes time but we are doing our best to get the updates ready to roll out!

Usama Jawad96

Jan 9, 2014
Visit site
I don't have an ETA on it just yet. The reason Windows is lagging is because the updates need to be ported over and then approved after that. It takes time but we are doing our best to get the updates ready to roll out!

Hello Ryan!Nice to meet you,I wanted to ask,do you have any plans to port Heroes of Order and Chaos on our platform.I host a "windowsphone news" page on facebook and they are constantly asking me to contact you specially about this game and IronMan. :winktongue:

Last edited:

Usama Jawad96

Jan 9, 2014
Visit site
Hi Ryan!I know you are not reading this now,I understand you were busy for about 1 more hour.Saw 3 hours of your stream.Just amazing man!!!
I was the one using the hashtag #OscarForRyan .(username was thedarknight1996)
Will you sleep for 36 hours straight after that marathon??I'm pretty sure you got your glasses because of playing gameloft games. :p
Anyways,congratz in advance man!!You answered almost all of my questions during the break,thanks for that and congratulations in advance again on a job well done!! #OscarForRyan

Last edited:

Usama Jawad96

Jan 9, 2014
Visit site
Ryan!Congratulations man,You finally did it!!!Sadly,I couldnt watch the last 5 mins of the stream because my internet connection became so slow that the stream stopped in between. :crying:
Thankfully,the chat was still live and I was seeing people cheering you on,like "clap,clap,clap" and "Do the victory dance,Ryan" .And then there was me commenting "#OscarForRyan" even though I couldnt even see the stream. IT WAS AMAZING!!Congratulations on a job well done man,hope to see more of you and your team!!Thanks for answering almost all my questions during the streaming :)
Now they should make a stream about you sleeping 36 hours straight after this amazing marathon. :D

P.S:-Yes,the last 3 posts on this thread are all by me because I almost followed you till the end if it wasn't for my stupid internet connection. :crying:

IN THE END I WOULD LIKE TO SAY, "#OscarForRyan :D "

Last edited:

Tourniquet

Mar 17, 2014
Visit site
Hi Ryan!
Will uno & friends ever run on Clover Trail devices? I've got the Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet 2 and the Samsung SmartPC but unfortunately it runs on neither. :cry: Im pretty disappointed because i love this game so much.

Gameloft_Ryan

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
Hello Ryan!Nice to meet you,I wanted to ask,do you have any plans to port Heroes of Order and Chaos on our platform.I host a "windowsphone news" page on facebook and they are constantly asking me to contact you specially about this game and IronMan. :winktongue:

We are having internal discussions on which of our older games we should port over to Windows. I know the Dev teams are considering each game on a case-by-case basis. If I hear anything about it coming over that's confirmed I'll be sure to share :)

Hi Ryan!I know you are not reading this now,I understand you were busy for about 1 more hour.Saw 3 hours of your stream.Just amazing man!!!
I was the one using the hashtag #OscarForRyan .(username was thedarknight1996)
Will you sleep for 36 hours straight after that marathon??I'm pretty sure you got your glasses because of playing gameloft games. :p
Anyways,congratz in advance man!!You answered almost all of my questions during the break,thanks for that and congratulations in advance again on a job well done!! #OscarForRyan

Ryan!Congratulations man,You finally did it!!!Sadly,I couldnt watch the last 5 mins of the stream because my internet connection became so slow that the stream stopped in between. :crying:
Thankfully,the chat was still live and I was seeing people cheering you on,like "clap,clap,clap" and "Do the victory dance,Ryan" .And then there was me commenting "#OscarForRyan" even though I couldnt even see the stream. IT WAS AMAZING!!Congratulations on a job well done man,hope to see more of you and your team!!Thanks for answering almost all my questions during the streaming :)
Now they should make a stream about you sleeping 36 hours straight after this amazing marathon. :D

P.S:-Yes,the last 3 posts on this thread are all by me because I almost followed you till the end if it wasn't for my stupid internet connection. :crying:

IN THE END I WOULD LIKE TO SAY, "#OscarForRyan :D "

Thanks for the support during the 24-hour stream folks! I slept for about 18 hours straight after I got home and then had some time off to recover as well. It was a blast and a challenge but I'm happy with how it went! #GameloftTaco

Hi Ryan!
Will uno & friends ever run on Clover Trail devices? I've got the Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet 2 and the Samsung SmartPC but unfortunately it runs on neither. :cry: Im pretty disappointed because i love this game so much.

That's a good question, I'll have to ask and see. Usually, with platforms that have multiple devices like Android and I imagine Windows, we try to expand the compatible devices as we update the games. This could be the case with UNO, but I'm not 100% sure.

KrisJoeEll

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
Hi Ryan. Since Modern Combat 5 is announced, is there any chance for a Nova 4? Am currently playing Nova 3 like a madman. (The gyroscopic control rocks BTW)

Side note: I know even if the game is under development you may not be authorized to spill info, so use some code language and tell us because i can't wait!

Gameloft_Ryan

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
Ryan,can you please tell us when you will release Captain America:The Winter Soldier to WindowsPhone??

I don't have the date off the top of my head. I'll need to check and see when and if it's something I can talk about :)

Hi Ryan. Since Modern Combat 5 is announced, is there any chance for a Nova 4? Am currently playing Nova 3 like a madman. (The gyroscopic control rocks BTW)
Side note: I know even if the game is under development you may not be authorized to spill info, so use some code language and tell us because i can't wait!

We don't have any plans for NOVA 4 ):

Hey Ryan, have you considered making a dedicated thread to your Gameloft games and responses?

I haven't but if you think it's worthwhile I can eventually start working on one with all of the threads I've posted in and a TL;DR Q&A section!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05