Greetings!

I have really gotten into Windows Phones recently. I love live tiles, love the simplicity of it all. It's really a great platform. And, I'm starting to see them everywhere now. It's crazy.

I myself have both an HTC Windows Phone 8X, and a Nokia Lumia 520, as well as a Surface RT. As a budding developer trying to learn mobile development, I look at Windows Phone and see a great opportunity to make myself stand out. I want to develop for Windows Phone, and currently I'm working on some small projects so I can teach myself how to do some things. As I get more experienced, I definitely want to get into more serious projects that I might actually put out for sale on the store, so I hope to learn a lot from this website and the forums. I read WPCentral nearly every day, and despite the fact that I change my current phone a lot between my iPhone 4, HTC One, and 8X, I always find myself wanting to use the 8X. I just really like Windows Phone.

As for some personals in this introduction, my name is Aman Ardalan. I'm 17 years old, and live in a suburb of Washington DC on the Maryland side. I've been into software development for many years, influenced by my older brother who is a developer on Apple's platforms. I've shipped one title on the Mac App Store, co-developed with him, that I learned a lot from, and now I'd like to start working on my own. Windows Phone is a great platform for me. For one, I get to be a developer for free thanks to Microsoft Dreamspark. For two, the store isn't filled with apps ridiculously like the google play store or the iphone app store is. That gives me a chance to make myself stand out. :)

So yeah, that's me. You can follow me on Twitter if you want, at @TeenTechGeek. I'm looking forward to my future both on this site, in Visual Studio, and in the Store. ^_^
    12-17-2013 10:40 AM
    Welcome to the club. Thanks in advance for your contributions to the windows phone community.
    12-17-2013 10:46 AM
    Welcome to WPCentral and Windows Phone!
    12-17-2013 12:34 PM
    Thank you so much for joining WPCentral, making an introduction, and helping our community by building apps for us! We are all excited to see what you make. :D
    12-17-2013 09:35 PM
    Thank you so much for joining WPCentral, making an introduction, and helping our community by building apps for us! We are all excited to see what you make. :D
    Thank you (: my first publishing title will come soon, just working on polishing and finishing it for now :)
    12-18-2013 05:55 AM
    Welcome aboard to WP central, nice to see another developer for Windows phone OS I look forward too seeing some of your work.
    12-19-2013 04:24 AM
    Welcome aboard to WP central, nice to see another developer for Windows phone OS I look forward too seeing some of your work.
    Thank you :) if you click the link in my signature you can see my progress on the app I'm working on now as a learning project :)
    12-19-2013 08:39 AM
    Welcome to the forums. Great work always stands out!!!

Sent from my LG-D801 using WPCentral Forums mobile app
    12-20-2013 10:15 AM