Just made the move to Windows phone

DP 4

Dec 21, 2013
Visit site
After months of debating I finally decided to trade in my galaxy s3 for a Nokia lumia 920. I wanted the new lumia 1020 but not due an official upgrade on my contract till the summer so thought I'd get the 920 in the meantime as it was a similar price to my s3.

Been using it for 2 days now and have totally fell in love with the windows phone OS, it looks great and runs so smooth. Having a samsung I've been used to having lots of lags And crashes with their bloat wiz software.

Was a bit concerned about lack of apps but seeing that the official Instagram app had recently been released went a long way to assure me that the main apps I want are either here or are on their way and I so far have not missed any app that I had on android.

So keep up the good work on windows phone8 Microsoft, you definitely have gained a new user here.

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Congratulations! You win a like and thank from me!

That aside, welcome, there's plenty space for a new member, and there are tips and how-to's scattered in this forum.

If you need help, just tell us!

DP 4

Dec 21, 2013
Visit site
Haven't got many questions or need much help at the minute as everything seems straightforward and easy to use.

But I'll be sure to post on here if I do need any help

DP 4

Dec 21, 2013
Visit site
Hi and welcome to WPCentral. I'm glad you like your new 920. What colour device did you get?

got the yellow one, was unsure at first on the colour but after a couple of days using it I have started to like it.

Have had 2 people at my work ask me what type of phone it is as they liked the colour.

MattXDDD

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site
Welcome :wink:! I admit that I'm making a switch since I saw my colleague using the Lumia 1020 last month. I just can simply say the OS was smooth & fluid . As a user too , windows phone 8 currently didn't have a notification center since we are using the live tile . I really looking forward for upcoming windows phone 8.1 updates . :wink:

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
Thank you for joining WPCentral! I hope you love your 920, I know I do. If you have any questions, make a thread, and we will do our best to help. :)

DP 4

Dec 21, 2013
Visit site
just keep finding little things that make me like the OS even more. Latest one is I wanted to buy an app so pressed buy and expected to have to mess on with adding a credit card but then it just popped up and said did I want to add it to my Vodafone bill. Couldn't do that on android.

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Just keep finding little things that make me like the OS even more.<snip>

Sums up my experience so far.
I was deleting e-mails one by one a while back and a message appeared saying:
"Do this often?"
Tip:
"tap on the left side of the screen to open the selection option for deleting messages!"
Kind of slick I thought.

CrossedFaith

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
As a former Blackberry and Android user, I'm gonna say this.

The ONLY thing I miss about Android is the whole custom ROM thing. But even then, you have to have a popular phone, and blah blah blah. And really, why should I go through all that trouble of rooting/flashing a rom to fix things that should work in the first place? Honestly.

Back on topic! Welcome to the Windows world! I joined the windows community recently (Or again, if you want to count my Motorola Q) and I love it. The apps since I've been here since November 19th have been growing exponentially and improving a lot.

Are there somethings iOS and Android have that we don't? I'm sure. Likewise, I'm sure there are things we have that they don't. (Xbox achievements comes to mind right away.)

So again, welcome! And enjoy!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo